Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 11:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 origin issue
My custom content is working fine for almost everything. The main issue I have is that no houses or community lots I have downloaded show up.
I didn't have this issue with the game when disks were used so I'm not sure if it is because the game is online or not, It's just rather strange that everything else I have downloaded works but all the amazing buildings you guys have created just don't show up. The custom furniture, walls and floors, or other content that comes with the buildings do not show up either,so I can't attempt to re create them with the same tools and objects.

If anyone has any idea what is wrong or if there is anything I can do to make it work please let me know.

Thank you
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 1:00 PM
I honestly must suggest that you look through the first 5 pages or so of this subforum. There has been many threads so far, by people having issues with only some custom content appearing after installing Sims 2 through Origin.

I myself had the problem and I discovered that it was because the dialogs that allows you to enable custom content, weren't functioning as I was used to. I don't know the English words for the settings, but another forumer translated it in another thread about this same problem. Anyway, I had to enable both custom content settings, exit the game and re-enter, before ALL of my custom content would show, even though I was certain I had already enabled them before that. Apparently, the exiting had a role to play, for whatever reason.

Different people have needed different solutions though, so I still suggest that you scroll through the forum and look at the suggestions people have written in them.
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by negativebunnyhunter
My custom content is working fine for almost everything. The main issue I have is that no houses or community lots I have downloaded show up.
I didn't have this issue with the game when disks were used so I'm not sure if it is because the game is online or not, It's just rather strange that everything else I have downloaded works but all the amazing buildings you guys have created just don't show up. The custom furniture, walls and floors, or other content that comes with the buildings do not show up either,so I can't attempt to re create them with the same tools and objects.

If anyone has any idea what is wrong or if there is anything I can do to make it work please let me know.

Thank you

Are you using the newest version of Clean Installer that has the right paths for Ultimate Collection? The older versions have the paths for the disks version of the game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:54 AM
Yay! Thank you @Mootilda
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
Are you using the newest version of Clean Installer that has the right paths for Ultimate Collection? The older versions have the paths for the disks version of the game.

I've never downloaded any installer, But I will try the newest clean installer. Thank you