Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 1:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Business lots - how to make employees eat?
I haven't played business lots too much, but whenever I do, my sim's employees never have the brains to make something to eat from the fridge while they're on break. Is it meant to be this way? I know they're hungry, because their little orb is off colour and when I serve a meal, they eventually, sometimes, eat that, but more often than not, even that just ends up spoiling.

Do you really have to babysit them like this or am I missing something? It's annoying because I risk losing employees - they quit because they didn't choose to eat on their break. They look after themselves in every other aspect just fine, but not hunger.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 1:34 AM
Employees are a pain, IMO. Which is why I don't use them anymore. But when I did...Well, the problem is that they arrive with pretty low motives, which is just stupid, and they can't fill them all on a break. So, what I used to do is to just max their motives (using a modded object that had an individual motive-adjusting feature) when they arrived for work and then didn't bother with breaks or a break room. They'd be fine until the business closed for the day. Because otherwise, yeah you kind of do have to babysit them because they do suck at feeding themselves, especially.

I imagine there are probably mods you can use (I know Pescado has "Business Runs You," and I'd bet there's something in that that makes employees work better), but I just opted to get rid of employees entirely and either use family members as business laborers or stick with small businesses that a single Sim can run by themselves.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 1:56 AM
I currently use this mod that iCad mentioned, as I got sick of babysitting my employees as well. I just want to enjoy running a business. As you see from the thread, it also comes with a lot of other handy features.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7009

I myself only use the refreshment cheats though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
I currently use this mod that iCad mentioned, as I got sick of babysitting my employees as well. I just want to enjoy running a business. As you see from the thread, it also comes with a lot of other handy features.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7009

I myself only use the refreshment cheats though.

Awesome, this mod looks ideal. I was expecting to, at best, have to manually refresh their hunger. Thank you both.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 8:18 AM
Not really an answer to your question of how to make the employees eat, but I use snapdragon bouquets to help with their motives.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 10:21 AM
You can also use snap dragons and they will take care of all their needs except for energy. On lots that don't have those I simply make them selectable and tell them to eat or do whatever it is that they need. Another option would be using the simblender.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 1:30 PM
Paladin has a sort of food-machine. It's a big box-like thing, where Sims pick a dish, and it generates it for them. I have it in most of my break rooms, and my employees have no problems using it when they are hungry.

http://simwardrobe.com/ -> Sims 2 -> Objects -> Food replicators
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM
Sim wardrobe/Paladin also has the buffets which can be set to pay. Those look nicer then the food machine. Lot's of options for keeping them fed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~