Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:09 PM Last edited by LayaLynn : 25th Aug 2014 at 5:00 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Severe Graphics Glitch
Hi there! Having a lot of trouble with the sims lately.
So what's happening is:
Images lag: Anything that moves leaves behind a trail of itself
Menus stick: Similar to the image lag, menu images stay stuck to the screen.
Lighting problem: Lights are severe and fade in and out.
Shadows: Shadows on objects are overpowering (not on sims) and objects are extremely light and dark with highlights and shadows
Pictures: (decorations) are completely grey and sometimes half of the picture shows up

When i zoom in or out, everything goes back to normal briefly, but then goes back to glitching.

Can anyone help?

System Specs:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/24/2014, 11:06:02
Machine name: NHHS_BE_BUILD20
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: n/a
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1984MB RAM
Page File: 2747MB used, 1219MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA ION
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: ION
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_087D&SUBSYS_A11919DA&REV_B1
Display Memory: 785 MB
Dedicated Memory: 49 MB
Shared Memory: 735 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: DELL U2312HM
Monitor Id: DEL4072
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.0697 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.697
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/10/2012 22:23:48, 18252136 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_19DAA108&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 11/20/2010 06:44:23, 350208 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: Digital Audio (HDMI) (2- High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 11/20/2010 06:44:23, 350208 bytes
------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 123.2 GB
Total Space: 305.1 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD3200AAJS-56M0A0 ATA Device

Drive: D:
Model: ASUS DRW-24B1ST a ATA Device

i'm not cool i'm ❅❅❅☾₱ale✝łce✝₲runge☽❅❅❅
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:21 PM
The Launcher crashing is pretty normal, but the rest of that is very much not. Can you please post your system specs? Game Help:System Specswiki

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The Launcher crashing is pretty normal, but the rest of that is very much not. Can you please post your system specs? Game Help:System Specswiki

First off, wow! You replied to my thread which is kind of incredible ngl.
But I got the specs! Thank you for being helpful and linking them to me, I can be such a dingus!

retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:50 PM
Well, it's a bit odd that you're missing so much information in that - not your fault, I'm sure, it's just weird that it says stuff like:

System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor: n/a

Is this a netbook/notebook? If you can get the model number (usually on the bottom) I can look up the actual specs because it's leaving out some important bits. But I do see that the graphics are listed as nVidia Ion, which is why I ask...

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:02 PM

It's a desktop that was built by the advanced computer programming class in my high school. I got to keep it, so it doesn't have an actual manufacturer, I guess?
I don't know if there's any getting the missing information. Sorry. >.<

retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:10 PM
Oh. Wellllll. Huh.

I guess the main thing is: that graphics is made specifically for very low power desktops and netbooks. It's not supported for TS2, and it's not meant for gaming. Now, I've not actually ever seen anyone trying to play TS2 on that, so I can't say for sure "It is bad for your graphics to do so" but as far as I can tell, it's roughly equivalent to Integrated Intel graphics, which I know for sure are bad to play TS2 on, and it can cause damage to the chip to do so. If this is a new thing and it hasn't always done it, it may be a symptom of that damage coming out. So it's up to you to do as you will with that info... I can't say for sure "You should stop playing on that" but I can't say that it's safe either. Perhaps someone else will have specfic experience with that chip + TS2 and can verify.

I can recommend, if you'd like to keep trying it, to reduce your resolution in Windows - it says you're running at 1920 x 1080 and it may be worth dropping it down to the lowest possible setting, or near lowest setting, and trying TS2 with the same resolution, and see if there's any difference.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:34 PM

Ohhhh, I didn't know it was bad! I've been playing fine with good quality since 2012, and I had a virus (and got that fixed), and now suddenly the sims isn't working right so it could just be that the graphics card has had enough, or related to that.
I didn't know the card wasn't good enough! Oops.
Thank you so much for your help! ^u^

Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:35 PM
You may need to install all the drivers for the motherboard again for you are missing a lot of detail that should be shown. After installing all the drivers you may want to also update them if there is an update.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:28 PM
Windows update is pretty good about pushing motherboard drivers. The ones I got there were better than the ones I got from the mobo manufacturer. But overall the system is pretty borderline for running Windows 7, never mind then gaming on it. Gamers don't generally use laptops for good reasons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
Windows update is pretty good about pushing motherboard drivers. The ones I got there were better than the ones I got from the mobo manufacturer. But overall the system is pretty borderline for running Windows 7, never mind then gaming on it. Gamers don't generally use laptops for good reasons.

It's not a laptop it's a desktop c:
Everything runs pretty well, actually. until this. I really do need to update it, though. I don't know what parts I need to make it better for gaming, but I'll figure it out somehow. c:
Thank you! ^u^

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 5:08 PM

It wasn't an issue with the graphics card, and I don't think it was my computer itself. (my computer actually can even play the sims 3 really well????? I was shocked.)
I think it was something with the game. Maybe a file I downloaded got messed up, or a necessary file was corrupted and deleted when the computer virus was gotten rid of.

So, I uninstalled everything and went to reinstall it but it turns out when we moved earlier this year, things went missing. Heartbroken to know that many of my expansions and stuff packs, all bought at full price when they first came out, are gone.
I'll work on updating my computer and then worry about getting the sims stuff back. Maybe I'll just convert to TS3.

Anyway, thank you for your help!!!
I really appreciate it!