Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 8:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default error log shows game seeing incorrect OS
hi, I recently moved my games over to another PC---game crashes when sims go to a community lot--I know i need to go through the 50/50 and so on, but the other thing is that in the error log for when it crashes I noticed the game is not recognizing my correct OS--it is showing as Windows NT 5.1--but I run on Windows XP pro 32bit, service pack 3...( on this PC). how do I get the game to see the correct operating system even before I try to diagnose my crashing problem? Can't use compatibility mode because need to move foward not backwards. I double checked my system and it is showing Windows XP--only error is with game. please help , I have tried googleing without any success. thank you in advance
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 11:57 PM
It isn't wrong. XP can be referred to as Windows NT 5.1, although it isn't a common name.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 1:58 AM
thank you--now that I know that isn't the problem--will go on to the major task of isolating my crashing problem. thank you again.