Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 8:39 PM Last edited by losail27 : 27th Oct 2016 at 3:37 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Display Drive Error
Hello!
So I've been playing Sims in this laptop for a long time and besides slow gameplay, I never experienced any problems. Recently my hard drive broke down and I had it fixed. I didn't buy a new hard drive, I fixed the old one. After that I had to reinstall all my expansion packs, custom content etc. I didn't add anything new, everything I installed are things that my game used to have before the laptop broke down.
Since I got the computer fixed I have played Sims a few times and I didn't have problems. But today this weird glitch happened when while I was playing the screen went black and then the game stopped working. A message saying some thing like "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator for Windows XP(R) stopped responding and has recovered" is poppind and after that the whole computers freezes and it gives me a blue screen.
The only thing in common everytime this happened was that in my game I was in live mode and I was using pose player and OMSP. I also had Sony Vegas Pro and Google Chrome opened.

My System Specs are
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz
RAM 3.0 GB
Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 1.2 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 10:33 AM
I put it in a spoiler button just to keep the thread short.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 12:54 PM
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks!
Will I find the updates on Acer's site?

EDIT: Ok, I found my laptop on the site but there isn't a driver for updating the graphics card.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 1:28 PM
So, there's no way I can find an update? Bummer.

Maybe I ran out of RAM but this never happened before although I used to have a bunch of programms opened at the same time. So there's no way to fix it at all?
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by losail27
EDIT: Ok, I found my laptop on the site but there isn't a driver for updating the graphics card.

If you're planning to stick with Win7, the one you found at Acer is the one fits your laptop best, if you still want to find an update version of it try it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and click Automatically Update your drivers but I'm not sure if there's any newer..

If you want to try using the 2nd generation Core i3 graphic driver and install it manually you can try download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pr...ntel-Processors, the installer will tell you if you can run the drivers or not..

If you can't find any newer from the one at Acer's site, I'd suggest you download the one from Acer and keep the drivers for your backup, you can still use the driver for Windows 7 from Acer even if you upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Edit:

A message saying some thing like "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator for Windows XP(R) stopped responding and has recovered" is poppind and after that the whole computers freezes and it gives me a blue screen.

the drivers you used here that causing your drivers to stop responding is not compatible with your Win 7, make sure you download the one with or for Windows 7 compatibility from Acer, unless you found a newer one from Intel download center, keep the one you got from Acer
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 2:29 PM Last edited by losail27 : 27th Oct 2016 at 3:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
But as far as the ram goes. Remember, Chrome continously upgrades and gets bigger and bigger. So it probably didn't happen before b/c it wasn't using that much RAM before. You can check your viritual memory setting, that may help if you increase it but usually that is set to "Window management" so they're pretty good about it.

I checked it and chrome is using about 600 KB of RAM. I'm just gonna close it and see if I get the same error again.

Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
//

I'm sorry If I'm beinga a pain but English isn't my first language and computers are not my best thing so I think I might haven't understand you right
Anyway, if I did undrestand right, my problem is that I haven't ever downloaded any updates for my laptop so I can't understand what wasn't compatible? I'm sorry if I'm making no sense at all.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 4:31 PM
I'm going to have to agree that the OP does not have enough RAM and their graphics chip is just not going to handle TS3 well, at least not beyond the base game (no EPs). But this line from the deviceconfig puzzles me:
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 3 CPU Speed: 2527 Threading: 3

How can that integrated graphics chip get such a strong rating? I'm wondering if the OP changed their GraphicsRules settings and now they are pushing it too far this way. Or if this is just some nonsense that TS3 is randomly reporting, then of course never mind.

@losail27 - Did this laptop ship with Win 7? Running anything more than a web browser and maybe an office application on an operating system higher than XP on 3 GB is pretty dicey these days as Win 7 is going to grab much of that RAM for itself. I note that you have a 64-bit version of Windows though. Since you can't do anything about the graphics chip other than get the correct drivers for it, might you be able to upgrade the RAM so at least it has enough to work with?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 4:53 PM
The laptop had Win 7 when I bought it and it was brand new.
I don't think I want to update the RAM in such an old laptop because I might be getting a new one. I found a driver through Intel's Driver Update tool and I'm gonna install that and see how it goes.

What is frustrating me though is that right now I have Sims 3 opened and actually I've been playing for 2 hours or more and I didn't get the error at all but I'm pretty sure that if I use OMSP or Pose Play I will. Why is this happening?
Instructor
#13 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 5:09 PM
Anyway, if I did undrestand right, my problem is that I haven't ever downloaded any updates for my laptop so I can't understand what wasn't compatible?

Ok..., forget what I said above then.., I hope I can help you to understand better with this one;

First, your "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator for Windows XP(R) stopped responding and has recovered" problem is because you were running Windows XP driver in your Windows 7 (which will not be compatible for Windows 7 unless you tell Windows 7 to run them in Windows XP compatibility mode)

But that step would not be necessary because there are drivers for your Intel HD Graphic that are compatible to run in Windows 7, all you have to do is download the driver for Windows 7 and install it. So when you go to Acer's site to download your Intel HD Graphic drivers for your laptop, make sure you download the one that compatible for Windows 7.

That will fix your Intel HD Graphic driver to run in Windows 7, but if you want an updated one, then you can go to Intel link I gave you and try which one will work for your laptop.
Instructor
#14 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
But this line from the deviceconfig puzzles me:
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 3 CPU Speed: 2527 Threading: 3

How can that integrated graphics chip get such a strong rating? I'm wondering if the OP changed their GraphicsRules settings and now they are pushing it too far this way. Or if this is just some nonsense that TS3 is randomly reporting, then of course never mind.

it may be old Igazor but that's an i3, 1st gen of i3, it's not the fastest but it's not bad, and actually its Intel HD Graphic also isn't bad, it's in the same level with Nvidia GeForce 9300/9400 GS/GSO series, it just need some TLC to run good games like TS3
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 6:47 PM
it may be old Igazor but that's an i3, 1st gen of i3, it's not the fastest but it's not bad, and actually its Intel HD Graphic also isn't bad, it's in the same level with Nvidia GeForce 9300/9400 GS/GSO series, it just need some TLC to run good games like TS3

Understood, but I wasn't complaining about the rating of the i3. I've never seen an integrated graphics chip rated that high on its own and I would be afraid to force such ratings onto it manually. But if this all seems in order to you, then I defer. It does sound like you nailed it with the XP vs. Win 7 versions of the OP's GPU drivers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 6:59 PM Last edited by losail27 : 27th Oct 2016 at 8:48 PM.
Ok..., forget what I said above then.., I hope I can help you to understand better with this one;

First, your "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator for Windows XP(R) stopped responding and has recovered" problem is because you were running Windows XP driver in your Windows 7 (which will not be compatible for Windows 7 unless you tell Windows 7 to run them in Windows XP compatibility mode)

But that step would not be necessary because there are drivers for your Intel HD Graphic that are compatible to run in Windows 7, all you have to do is download the driver for Windows 7 and install it. So when you go to Acer's site to download your Intel HD Graphic drivers for your laptop, make sure you download the one that compatible for Windows 7.

That will fix your Intel HD Graphic driver to run in Windows 7, but if you want an updated one, then you can go to Intel link I gave you and try which one will work for your laptop.

Ok, I think I get it now. The computer guy must have installed the wrong driver.
Anyway, going in Acer's site and typing my model (Aspire 5742), the list that comes up doesn't have the graphic card driver and in Intel's site a list with bunch of thigs comes out and I don't know what suits mine.

EDIT: Yup, it happened again. I was playing sims fine until I used OMSP and Pose Player and the same crash happened again.
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 9:22 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 28th Oct 2016 at 9:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I've never seen an integrated graphics chip rated that high on its own and I would be afraid to force such ratings onto it manually.

Well it is, the Intel HD Graphic from the 1st gen of i3, i5, and i7 embedded to its processor chip is actually rated that high, here's the link to its detail click here, and if you run GPU-Z to see what its comparable to, you'll see it has about 2 GPixel/s rate for its Pixel Fillrate and 2 GTexel/s for its Texture Fillrate (the higher the numbers in these two, the more expensive the Graphic Card will be sold in the market), that rates for the Intel HD Graphic would be comparable or in the same class as the Nvidia GeForce 8400GS or the 9300/9400 GS/GSO, and that's why it rated that high in the TS3 DeviceConfig..

Ok, I think I get it now. The computer guy must have installed the wrong driver.
Anyway, going in Acer's site and typing my model (Aspire 5742), the list that comes up doesn't have the graphic card driver and in Intel's site a list with bunch of thigs comes out and I don't know what suits mine.

EDIT: Yup, it happened again. I was playing sims fine until I used OMSP and Pose Player and the same crash happened again.

Try here http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers, at the menu go to (or click) the Notebook --> Aspire --> Aspire 5742, and then choose the one for your Windows OS, you should find the Intel VGA driver for your Intel HD Graphics and just click to download it, and while you're there I'd suggest you download every drivers there for your laptop and keep them for your backup in case you need them in the future..

After you install it try to run TS3 without the OMSP and Pose Player, see if it's still have the same problem, and then follow with those two installed, if the problem came up again then it's more likely there something from your CC or Mods conflicting with OMSP and Pose Player or your graphic reached its maximum limits to run OMSP and Pose Player, not because of the graphic drivers you installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 9:57 AM Last edited by losail27 : 28th Oct 2016 at 10:04 PM.
Ok, I'm downloading it right now. I'll install it and post later if it worked! Thank you everyone for your time and your help!

@nitromon Thank God he took me no money because the Hard Drive was bought last year so everthing was covered by the guarantee. :P

EDIT: It happened again. I was in buy mode and the suddenly the screen went black, the same message came out and the game froze but this time it didn't crash and after a minute or something it continued working.
EDIT 2: It keeps crashing no matter what I do. I even tried to run in without CC and nothing worked.