Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 11:03 PM
Default Thanks from Tillence
I was told by the site, I'm very new to, that I hadn't thanked many of the creators for the stuff I'd downloaded . I'm very sorry for that. I didn't know how to go back through the pages to do that, so I'd like to send a BIG thank you to all you really smart guys and gals for puting stuff out there for 'technophobes' like me A VERY BIG THANK YOU to one and all.

Tilly :P
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 12:16 AM
If you want to go through to thank them individually, look at the top of the page where it says "My Links" The first one on the list is "My Downloads."
That goes to a chart showing you what you have downloaded, what you have thanked, whether or not it has an update, etc. It also has links to everything.

It's not too hard to just go down the list and click "Thanks" buttons, although you need to refresh the page to have it update your thanks on your own page.

But thank you for being willing to thank the creators.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 4:40 PM
Cool, I will do this too. I don't get the message, but I didn't know where that button was first (overlooked it) so I will go through my links to thank for a few mods I downloaded.
(lol, what's here to disagree with, or someone is just being silly)

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerHilda
(lol, what's here to disagree with, or someone is just being silly)

Not silly probably just bored and too stupid to find something else to do Maybe we should have a button in here to disagree with the disagree.
Site Helper
#6 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
NMaybe we should have a button in here to disagree with the disagree.

Wouldn't that be "Agree?" :p

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:37 AM
I've had more disagrees from The Phantom Disagreeable One in the past few days than I think I've ever had here (and I'm not really all that heavy a participant on this forum). It's very upsetting. I think I'll go sit and a dark room and cry myself to sleep now.
Site Helper
#8 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:45 AM
I still find it a bit funny that my experiment earlier this year of clicking "love" on every post went on for 3 months before anybody (looking at igazor) commented on it. "Disagree" gets commented on immediately.

*wonders if it's time to start spreading the love again*

Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I still find it a bit funny that my experiment earlier this year of clicking "love" on every post went on for 3 months before anybody (looking at igazor) commented on it. "Disagree" gets commented on immediately.

*wonders if it's time to start spreading the love again*

LOL, as I recall I was rightfully put in my place for making that comment back then. And I was actually going to suggest that it might be time for such a resurgence .
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 3:37 AM
I would like a hug button because sometimes agree and love doesn't cut it.

No doubt the disagree fairy here thinks creators should be flogged daily since they disagree with thanking us.

@Tillence the creators won't know you are thanking them here since none of us know who downloaded unless the downloader clicks the thanks button (the name is recorded on our score cards) or if you favourite a creation or if you post a comment.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Anyone think it is a coincidence it started when Elizabeth/Esmeralda was banned?

Wait, I just agreed to that. But I don't think it was a coincidence, so I really should have disagreed. My head hurts...
Scholar
#13 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 10:09 AM
u r v. welcome tillence
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Anyone think it is a coincidence it started when Elizabeth/Esmeralda was banned?

It doesn't say "banned" on her profile. Esmeralda says retired late 2012.

Edit: Disagreed with my own post, so I'll have more disagrees than the rest of you!
Site Helper
#15 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 8:06 PM
Not Esmeralda, Ezmeralda

The one who loved mermaids....

Mad Poster
#16 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 10:12 PM
Esmeralda is a talented content creator, yes now retired. She still posts here on occasion though. I've got quite a few of her TS3 things in my game.

Ezmeralda was...well, I don't know to what extent comments on such users are allowed on open channels here. Let's just say it's a pity if you missed the recent show, it was entertaining for a while. Then it got abusive.
Theorist
#17 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Let's just say it's a pity if you missed the recent show, it was entertaining for a while. Then it got abusive.

I'd say it's still entertaining

If she thought it'd be annoying, that doesn't work, at least for me, instead I find all this highly amusing