Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 8:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CC Magic problem?
I couldn't get the launcher to download a household, so I used cc magic. That was my mistake, because the household came from the exchange. I didn't want to have to find a family and then download all their cc from other sites. When I downloaded it, I found quite a bit of "bad" cc. So I thought "Oh, I'll just remove it via launcher" Yeah, no. None of the cc that came with the family was found in the launcher, which really sucks! The only thing that worked was remaking the sims 3 folder, but then I would lose all my store content that I arrg-ed, and I don't feel like going through the process of finding the site where I downloaded them. I'm wondering if there is a specific folder that houses the cc, so maybe I can remove it. Or maybe I can remove it with cc magic? I don't know how. Is there a tool I can download that will find and remove them perhaps?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 1:46 AM
CC Magic completely takes over your CC management, or it did the last time I looked at it. This means that using it simply to avoid using the launcher is like using a blowtorch to light a candle. I know there is a way to use CC Magic to remove things that were installed with it, but I can't tell you how to do it. I remember thinking at the time that it looked like it was probably fairly simple, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 2:47 AM
I tried deleting my old sims 3 folder, and as it did work, all the cc came back when I added my mods folder back, I don't have any of the cc in that mods folder, so I can't understand how the bad cc is coming back.. T_T
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 4:08 AM
I fixed it. It seemed to be hiding in a cache folder that I thought I needed, turns out I didn't need it.