Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:38 PM
Default help me with my apartment lot!!!
ok im buidling this cool apartment lot that has many houses around with the apartment door as the main door for them but after i finished i changed the lot zone and the game tells me that there is an error with one of the apartments revert back the lot zone fix it and then change it back
idk what have i done wrong please help
here are some pics

maybe its the basements i made to each one look down at that image and tell me if i have done something wrong with the basements

please dont tell me to start over and forget about the cars i know they will be removed after i change the lot zone type too bad though -.-
btw i will upload it soon dont think its for myself i wana upload something new here
so please help
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:52 PM
if you guys cant tell from the pics i will upload a package here so you can take a look at it better
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:59 PM
Please can you provide large top down images of all the floors so that we can clearly see what you have used inside and outside. It's too difficult to see with the images you have now.

Please don't upload the package.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:26 PM
wait im uploading them but the site is so slow ugh -.-
should i upload a large one for each apartment or a big large one zoomed for all of them could help?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:34 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:45 PM
i didnt know where to place it i was so nervous because i spent hours on that and the error just came out of the blue -.-
anyway are those good or i should get it for each one?! they are all the same just different sizes

the net is slow right now so i cant upload the good ones so i uploaded just two of them i swear they are the same each one have a basement and a second floor the basement is the children room and the second floor is the parents bedroom the first floor is the living room and kitchen
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 5:10 PM
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 5:10 PM
I wonder if the game doesn't recognise the foundation walls in the basement as walls, and that's why it's throwing the error. As a test, try deleting the stairs to the basements and see if that gets rid of the error (you might want to make a copy of the lot first in case putting the stairs back proves tricky).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 5:21 PM
Do you have the right kind of mailbox for the lot? =/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I wonder if the game doesn't recognise the foundation walls in the basement as walls, and that's why it's throwing the error. As a test, try deleting the stairs to the basements and see if that gets rid of the error (you might want to make a copy of the lot first in case putting the stairs back proves tricky).

that worked but how can i put keep the basement is there a trick i can use to have them with my apartments?
im trying moveobjects on and i will place normal stairs see if it works did anybody try that though?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:09 PM
how can i do that and wont it affect my buldings or something or the objects inside and i tried to remove the foundation and replace it with walls manually which didnt work?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:14 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:19 PM
Give Me A Link To That Now!!!! ^-^
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by john-1995
Give Me A Link To That Now!!!! ^-^
I think you meant to say, 'Thank you'?

A quick search on Mootilda's profile and I have located it for you, here .

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:32 PM
yeah i just got exited really thank you guys all of you im sorry i always ask for help on this forum more than giving help
thanks alot i can now finish this cool lot and share it with you guys ^^
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 7:14 PM
Asking for help is fine. Why don't you post the apartment lot in the Creator Feedback Forum now and then we can help you tweak it a bit more? I notice your roofs are rather too high and some of your rooms are over large.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:55 PM
oh my god i tried it but didnt work T_T tell me if i done this right
i changed the wall with the id foundation wall with normal wall and i exited it and went straight to the game to see what happens but nothing was changed and when i changed the lot zone again it also show the error again god i started to hate the basement T-T
just tell me if i done anything wrong with the wall converter if i did everything good then i will just have to find another way
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by john-1995
oh my god i tried it but didnt work T_T tell me if i done this right
i changed the wall with the id foundation wall with normal wall and i exited it and went straight to the game to see what happens but nothing was changed and when i changed the lot zone again it also show the error again god i started to hate the basement T-T
just tell me if i done anything wrong with the wall converter if i did everything good then i will just have to find another way
I'm sorry i've not used this programme so don't know how it works. Did you follow Mootilda's instructions?

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 10:45 AM
Hm, I just made an apartment lot with basements for each unit. I notice that your stairs are more than 16 steps. I think Nysha's onto something about the basement walls and would try gutting the basements and make them all exactly 16 clicks deep.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itachirockstar
Hm, I just made an apartment lot with basements for each unit. I notice that your stairs are more than 16 steps. I think Nysha's onto something about the basement walls and would try gutting the basements and make them all exactly 16 clicks deep.

thanks i will try that out
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:41 PM Last edited by itachirockstar : 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: forgot to spell check
Try this: delete the stairs leading down into the basements then try converting the lot. If it works, then place the stairs using move_obects on. It should still give you functional apartments with rent prices.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 12:10 AM
Once the lot is changed to an apartment base the stairs will be greyed out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#24 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:03 AM
What I suggest you do is:
1. Take everthing out of your basement
2. Put the full foundation back over it like you are starting that again
3. Now once more map out your basement by deleteing it (as you originally did)
4. Use a plain wall that has a skirting board on the bottom and shift+click the whole basement area
5. start digging down, stop when you reach the bottom of the skirting
6. flatten the area
7. add your stairs
8. change lot zoning and see if that worked.
9. failing that try this method that I use when there is a foundation into a backyard with apatments, it may work it may not, I dont know! http://modthesims.info/t/437141

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/