Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 3:58 AM Last edited by Sammi10393 : 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:39 AM.
Default Mega Family Challenge
Hello, this is my first time at writing about a challenge i make in my head. I'm not sure if someone else has made a similar one. I thought that this one would be interesting to see the scores everyone gets.

To start off.
Create one young adult male sim, and one young adult female sim. They must not be related or married, just room mates.
Move the family into any block, no house built or house, its up to you. Just remember this family is gonna need as much cash on hand as possible.
I suggest making the couple become romantically interested in each other, and married as soon as possible.

The object of this challenge is to see how many children the couple can raise successfully from each life stage. This also includes when the couple are elders. Doing this you will also need to adopt.
*Edit. When adopting ONLY adopt new born babies.

How does the couple produce income? Well that's for you to work out. What's the best option: have a stay at home mum looking after all the children while dad's at work. Or have dad stay at home and do something else around the house to produce money, while helping mum?

Rules. The rules in this challenge are pretty simple no cheats, or any mods that would give you an advantage. One mod i do suggest in getting, is the 15 minute homework mod, not the mood homework mod. Just the 15 minute homework mod. Which can be found here
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=351288
Another rule, do no use the birthday cake to age sims up earlier. You can only use the birthday cake, when it IS the sims birthday.

Scoring. (Score when the couple dies)

+5 - Every $20 000 in the overall wealth of your sims. To find this out cash on hand + Furnished value of the lot.
+2 - Every trait you get to pick when the kids grow up, or born.
+5 - When a toddler learns all three skills (Talk, Walk and potty trained)
+3- When a toddler learns two of the three skills
+1 - When a toddler learns one of the three skills
+3- When a child grows up with an A or higher
+3- When a teen grows up with an A or higher
+5- If a teen or child gets on the honor roll.
*edit- This can only be gotten once per sim.
+5- Every individual skill maxed before growing into a teen
+2- Every individual skill maxed within the teen lifestage
+1- Every promotion
+10- Every sim that reaches the top of their career. (One sim is able to obtain this as many times)
+2-Every sim that reaches the top of a part time career. (One sim is able to obtain this as many times)
+2 If one of your parents complete the 'Surrounded by family' lifetime wish. Come on it will be easy to do
+10 Every other lifetime wish that is completed.
+2 Every masterpiece that is painted

-50 Every child taken away by social service
-50 Every child that dies, before they are a young adult
-5 When a child grows into a teen with C- or lower
-5 When a teen grows up with a C- or lower
-3 Every trait you cannot pick, because they have grown up badly
-10 Every toddler that did not learn any of the three toddler skills
-20 Every time you use 'Kaching' cheat
-50 Every time you use 'motherlode' cheat
-10 Every demotion
-20 Every time a sim is fired
-40 If one of your parents are caught having an affair. This includes every time that they are caught.
-5 Every house fire.
-15 For every item the burglar successfully steals.
-10 Every time the repo man visits

Your Insane!
This are bonus points, which would just make your game play harder. But hey, at least more points
+25 If one of your parents have the 'Dislikes Children' trait. (If both +50)
+20 Every successful affair that one of your parents are able to keep
-Beware attempting to get this bonus of the -40 deduction
+20 if you NEVER use the service option over the phone. This includes the babysitter when the mother is giving birth. To do this, alot of home births will happen :P.

Thats all i can think of, if anyone thinks of anything else. Please let me no

Sammi
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 11:28 PM
This is a very good challenge. I wanna do it,but a couple of things... The negative side of it all,the things that take away the points...aren't that hard. I've had 6 kids for a long time in my houses and all have basically met the best outcome possible. It's not hard to make the requirements.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarlequinnRomance
This is a very good challenge. I wanna do it,but a couple of things... The negative side of it all,the things that take away the points...aren't that hard. I've had 6 kids for a long time in my houses and all have basically met the best outcome possible. It's not hard to make the requirements.

Hmm, true. I see what you mean. Do you have any recommendations to fix the negative side of it. I was thinking of making the points deductions like really high or something. But im new at making these :P
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:19 AM
Which life span, Sammi?

I can't play without awesomemod and twallan's super computer and others' fixes for all the bugs inherent in-game, so right off the bat, the rules exclude me from this challenge and many others, I guess...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Which life span, Sammi?

I can't play without awesomemod and twallan's super computer and others' fixes for all the bugs inherent in-game, so right off the bat, the rules exclude me from this challenge and many others, I guess...

Haha yes that is true. I don't mind if you have mods, is just one of my suggestions. Cause the only mod i have in my game, is the 15 minute one:P
But it's up to people how they want to play, by the rules or not. As long as they enjoy the challenge

I was thinking normal life span. I have tried this in the other longer life spans, urgh its so boring. Kids take forever to age :/ But if you want to challenge your self, try the shorter life spans, but i would suggest normal

Sammmi
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:29 AM
Also i have changed the points, to try and make them more better. I have added the "Your Insane!' to make things interesting.

I have added more to both positive and negative deductions, increased the negative, and slightly decreased the positive points. Is this better at all ?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sammi10393
Also i have changed the points, to try and make them more better. I have added the "Your Insane!' to make things interesting.

I have added more to both positive and negative deductions, increased the negative, and slightly decreased the positive points. Is this better at all ?

Oh wow. It's a LOT more interesting now. Especially the no babysitter one. That was my best friend with 6 kids. Very good.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:24 AM
Any suggestions on how much money we should start out with? Does it matter if we build them a house or do we have to choose one to live in and build onto it?

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Celeb
Any suggestions on how much money we should start out with? Does it matter if we build them a house or do we have to choose one to live in and build onto it?

I assume you would start out with the amount of money the game gives you from CAS, based on this:

Quote:
Move the family into any block, no house built or house, its up to you. Just remember this family is gonna need as much cash on hand as possible.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:40 AM
This seams fun but I might have to reinstall portrait panel