Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#76 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 2:53 AM
My Nanny decided to break my PC today.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 9:10 AM
I don't use them much if they I can avoid it, I don't know she just reminds of miss crumplebottom only less lectureie

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#78 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 9:14 AM
On a similar topic. I hate the nanny clothing. It screams 'old hag'. Anyone have a good default replacement?
Mad Poster
#79 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 9:39 AM
Yes! There is a pretty good one right on MTS. :I'll see if I can't find it here. I use it in my game, so if need be, I can check my files.

EDIT ... This is the one I use. It's an oldie, but goodie, and since it uses an outfit already in the game, the file size is small:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=156433

What I like about this one is that it's something an elderly lady would actually WEAR while taking care of an active child.

I see there might be another one or two that came out after that. The purple or even the brown and yellow dress in this set isn't too bad: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=326125 Not quite crazy about the evening dress, but the creator did explain why she included it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Yes! There is a pretty good one right on MTS. :I'll see if I can't find it here. I use it in my game, so if need be, I can check my files.

EDIT ... This is the one I use. It's an oldie, but goodie, and since it uses an outfit already in the game, the file size is small:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=156433

What I like about this one is that it's something an elderly lady would actually WEAR while taking care of an active child.

I see there might be another one or two that came out after that. The purple or even the brown and yellow dress in this set isn't too bad: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=326125 Not quite crazy about the evening dress, but the creator did explain why she included it.

Thanks! I finally got around to default replacing the maid's playboy outfit and the nannies are next on my list.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 7:08 PM Last edited by gazania : 30th Mar 2014 at 7:20 PM.
Your welcome. I think that outfit bothered me for years. Literally years.

BTW, I've had several male cafeteria workers in my game as well. Not all are female.

But what puzzles me is that most of the teen clerks are female. Besides George, I think I got just one other. For a while, I'd move several clerks into my user-made families. (Some of them seemed too sweet to be orphans.) And each time I got a new clerk doing this, it was a female.

But back to the nannies. Fortunately, thanks to a default replacement and a quick makeover via Monique's mirror (I select and pause), my nannies can at least not look quite so doddering. Some elderly women DO dye their hair, Maxis!

Forum Resident
#82 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for those default replacements.

Talking about the teen clerks, how do you get them to move in - one of my teen sims got a clerk on a blind date but after that he could never speak to her - not via the phone or anything. (Part of me assumed it was because they had a less than perfect date but I didn't know if it was some sort of glitch.

Hopefully my nannies will behave themselves tonight - if I have them round of course!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
Thanks for those default replacements.

Talking about the teen clerks, how do you get them to move in - one of my teen sims got a clerk on a blind date but after that he could never speak to her - not via the phone or anything. (Part of me assumed it was because they had a less than perfect date but I didn't know if it was some sort of glitch.

Hopefully my nannies will behave themselves tonight - if I have them round of course!

Do you have the Call NPCs mod? Installing that will allow you to cal up just about all of the NPCs that spawn in your hood.

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Mad Poster
#84 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 2:42 AM
I use the Sim Blender to move them in or adopt them (whichever I'm in the mood to do). Usually, I move them in. I guess in my world, adoption is another process. I use the Squinge Adopt Teen mod for that. Perhaps I like surprises when I adopt and expected outcomes when I move in.

Mad Poster
#85 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 2:22 PM
I have one more question actually, before I stop derailing the nanny thread. Does anyone have a DR for the elder cafeteria workers? I dislike their uniforms too.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 2:29 AM
Speaking of cafeteria workers, is there a mod that can make the cafeteria workers be young adults? And how about adult coaches, or teen and young adult witches? It'd be nice to have a mod that would spawn new witches as college students or teens.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 6:24 AM
You can definitely have teen and up witches. I've made teen witches successfully before.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 1:03 PM
I'm somewhat fanatical, even obsessive about not using NPCs and having playables do every job, so , like joandsarah77 mentioned at the start, that isn't very compatible with nannies and I don't use them, or any other phone services. For maids, I just make a home business, hire a sim and order them to tidy, then set up a daily schedule for them using simwardrobe's timeclock. The equivalent of a nanny in Heimlichbourg is a governor/governess (and, for the record, I agree that the stereotypes about men interested in childcare being pedophiles are harmful and misguided, though I won't impute ill will to anyone in this community), usually an elder sim from a poor family. That family gets a lump sum payment when their elder moves to the rich family's house, plus they save on feeding and housing their elder, at the price of not having them around (to take care of their own kids, for example...). I like that for storytelling purposes, poor serf and bourger families having to make tough decisions about whether to keep their elders around or take the money. It also imposes limits on families that can't afford a governess, reducing the number of them that can work outside the home at playable-owned enterprises and homes while still having kids.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#89 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well this one is not safe for work or children, so I'll put it under a spoiler. Adults only. You have been warned!

Let's just say that I have some adult hacks and when my sims got home from an outing they found the nanny 'entertaining' herself.

@>> Charity >> Are you forgetting that this is "NOT" an Adult only site ? Hey what are you thinking there are younger kids here on MTS. You really need to removed these pictures, this is more for a place like Sexy Sims not here.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#90 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 8:37 PM
I can see your point and I am certainly not a mod or anything, but I think you are over-reacting. You can't see anything, charity has used censor boxes, and did NOT say what exactly the nanny was doing. If you are old enough to know what the pictures are of, with censors and without being told, it's too late to save your "innocence" from pictures like this. I don't believe a naked butt, belly, leg and shoulder is going to corrupt young minds.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:03 AM
She made my two toddlers get taken by the social services
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miss.pink
She made my two toddlers get taken by the social services

But, but, but..What happened ?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#93 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:59 AM
ahah...cool..I thought penchant was only used in french I've learn a new thing.
But..Cowsmurf can also by fenced...unless you really,actually, indeedely wants trouble...then imagination only is needed.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:39 AM
I wonder though...ok, not really. In all my "tries" at it, (the Cow)...; sims will go for it right away, if there is a cake that is. And as soon as they are greeted.
Is it the same for your playables/household members..?
I know my elder Raoul, would not go autonomously...(but Kids?)
What if one of the kids think it's actually super cool, a cow plant, and you are busy ?...lol

just a girl
#95 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 8:10 AM
I had only good nannies in my game too. They even cleaned up all the mess, washed dirty dishes and the like.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But, but, but..What happened ?

The mother came from work and all her needs were low so I made her call the nanny to handle the toddlers and she just would feed them and put them down so the social services came and took them, the mom was to tired to plead.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss.pink
The mother came from work and all her needs were low so I made her call the nanny to handle the toddlers and she just would feed them and put them down so the social services came and took them, the mom was to tired to plead.

I thought that the Social Services only came if they were starving. Do they come for other things as well?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:19 PM
If the mother came from work then call a nanny...then who was there while she was actually at work??

Page 4 of 4