Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 5:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons
Default Sims 2 Double Deluxe not playing
I have a MacBook Pro. I bootcamped it with Windows XP to play Sims 2 Celebration and Seasons Expansion pack. It started with the game playing fine, then the voices and sound started getting choppy, then no sound and a red light came on where I would plug in my headphones, and now to nothing.
I have tried testing the game and moving my custom content - but it is to now, when I insert the game under the Windows side - it spins and spins, but won't start running it. It is like my driver does not even recognize the game being inserted.
I know I have an awesome computer - but for me, it would be more awesome if it would play my game and let my dork side evolve.

I am a bit of newbie but tried to update my drivers through windows - nothing.

Right short of going out and purchasing a Windows based laptop just for gaming - does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 7:14 PM
Default same issues
I had reported earlier how I was losing sound with my system - first it was when I went into a home, then a red light started shining where I would plug in my earphones and then no sound perioud - but then when I tried to play the game after a couple of weeks of being gone with work - it no longer loads - period. The game just spins and spins and spins - but does not load. It is like my driver does not recognize the game in the system.

Here are my specs -
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
System Model: MacBookPro5,1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600M GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0647&SUBSYS_00A9106B&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7644 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 9/12/2008 14:09:21, 6614336 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4507-11CF-076E-A22000C2CB35}

Right short of buying a brand new MS Laptop to game with - I am at wits end.

Any advie you can share woud be great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 7:36 PM
Default Game Won't Play - At All
I don't want to hijack another forum - so I posted it here.

I had reported earlier how I was losing sound with my system - first it was when I went into a home, then a red light started shining where I would plug in my earphones and then no sound perioud - but then when I tried to play the game after a couple of weeks of being gone with work - it no longer loads - period. The game just spins and spins and spins - but does not load. It is like my driver does not recognize the game in the system.

Here are my specs -
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
System Model: MacBookPro5,1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600M GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0647&SUBSYS_00A9106B&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7644 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 9/12/2008 14:09:21, 6614336 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4507-11CF-076E-A22000C2CB35}

Right short of buying a brand new MS Laptop to game with - I am at wits end. I tried all the cc and points to follow on the site - and I still can not get it to work.

Any advie you can share woud be great!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:06 PM
Let's keep the discussion of your issue to your own thread, marisullivan.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:43 AM
When you say "The game just spins and spins and spins - but does not load. It is like my driver does not recognize the game in the system" .. do you mean your DVD drive by "driver"? Is the issue that the DVD won't mount? Or what do you mean by "spin"?

Can you test whether it works with other DVDs, like a movie or something?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 3:03 AM Last edited by soumayasmommi : 19th Oct 2009 at 4:50 PM.
Default ok
never thought to try that.....hhhhmmmm.....just tried it and yep, works movies and the Fred Clause game.

UGH!

Maybe I can take the bootcamp off and try to restart from scratch?!??

Any suggestions would be MOST helpful!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 5:52 PM
Default Update
I went to the Nvidia site to see if my drivers needed updating - and updated to the 186....still won't work.

Any suggestions?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 9:44 PM
I still don't understand what you mean by the whole "spin" and "driver" thing. In case you do mean it's an issue with getting the DVD to mount, try cleaning it: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...me_Help:Install

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 1:04 AM
I am going to try to bootcamp it again and start from scratch - will keep you posted as this week is crazy busy with recruiting.

Wish me luck.

Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:51 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
shiny!
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 2:03 PM
Please stop making multiple help threads on the same topic. You have been asked twice now and I have merged three help topics into one. You need to stick to this thread if you would like help. People will answer if they have ideas and you need to be patient instead of spamming the board with multiple versions.