Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:48 PM
Sorry to hear, Jo. *hug

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Then I think -- I'M OLD TOO! What if a new kitty outlived me!?

I think about that sort of thing as well. I'm not of an age to be worried about dying of it, but anyone could die at any time. I make my own raw meat-based cat food, and worry that if something happened to me, my kitties would have a lot of difficulty adjusting to anything else. I give them some premade raw, and even some canned food for variety, and to keep them on their toes with regard to being adaptable, but my younger one, especially, is fairly resistant to most anything that's not my homemade stuff.

On a new note, I may be looking at integrating *three* new cats into the household. My daughter is struggling a great deal, financially and healthwise (general depletion, exhaustion, anxiety, etc.), and I've suggested she move back home for awhile to recharge. And she has three cats.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 8:39 PM

A portrait of my 17 year old princess. Notice the claw marks on her favorite place to watch the birds.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#78 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
A portrait of my 17 year old princess. Notice the claw marks on her favorite place to watch the birds.

She's very pretty - looks much younger than her 17 years!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:31 PM
Thanks Darby, I really miss her. I'm going to be much more vigilant for any signs in my 11 year old cat of kidney problems now.

grammapat your princess is so pretty and I agree looks years younger than 17!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#80 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 10:08 AM
Cat faces don't seem to change (wish I could say the same for me!). But she won't put on enough weight, and is weak in the back end. I try different food, and "tempt" her all day long. If I eat on the couch she sits next to me and taps my arm "I'll have what you're eating". If I'm eating chicken I give her tiny bits; or I have some bits of meat, or a spoon of really good cat food to give her. I even will sit with a little bowl of HER food, and pretend to eat just so I can get her to eat some! SHe has dry food all the time, but seldom eats it, and different canned foods is put out for her. But she'll eat a few bites and walk away - and never go back to it. What a Princess!
My other cat, a short haired tabby, hids under my bed all day now, and won't eat if she can see Princess. Some sort of secret cat drama going on.

Mad Poster
#81 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 3:15 PM
Well, this is a cat that has been visiting us for a long time now:

https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/0/AA...A?size=1024x768

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/0/AA...A?size=1024x768

Its so friendly. The pics above I took them with my phone, she's by the front door.

She comes to visit us everyday, to get fed, and she let us pet her, she sometimes follows us. I'd like to adopt her, but my dad thinks she's just another burden.

She looks like she's actually owned by someone, though, there's no collar on her, so I'm thinking of testing her ownership: tying a small piece of wool around her neck and see if anyone removes it.

I want to keep her! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#82 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 1:29 PM
Hello! I like cats also, but I dont have cats. So, the only way I can see cats is in my sims 3 game. Btw, all you guys cat photos are cute and sweet.

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Check out my videos. Why Don't You? PM for Link :)
Test Subject
#83 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 7:23 AM
I am cat lover and I have two cats. Both of them are my heart. I love to take care of them, I use to clean theirs teethes daily for their better health because most of the pets face diagnosis problem due to it's uncleanness of teethes. read more
Mad Poster
#84 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 1:42 AM
My cat Tony had 8 teeth removed. Now he seems to have a new lease on life. I'm hoping not having any canine teeth will hinder his ability to kill baby rabbits this summer.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:30 PM
Reviving one of my favorite threads with this pic I found:

Field Researcher
#86 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 3:56 PM
My husband and I are cat nuts, er rescuers. We have 14 at the moment, ranging from ages 4 years-12 years (I think, could be older). My oldest cat was a former stray, so I'm not sure of his exact age. He showed up around 2005 and at the very least he's 12, but possibly older. The youngest are 2 survivors from a litter of preemie kittens.
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 5:10 PM
I had to put my poor cat Fritz down. I think I mentioned it in vent a few weeks ago. On a positive note however, a stray had five kittens here so we took her in. They are three days old and all doing well
Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:13 AM
Now i have "just" 4 cats, 3 male, one female. Last year i haved over 10
Mad Poster
#89 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:04 PM
Don't know if anyone else has a long haired cat, but I found a great tool for getting mats out of their fur. It's got 9 small curved blades - the bottoms of the blades are blunt and the tops are sharp. It cuts through the mat without cutting the cat's skin. I never had a long-haired cat before Tony showed up - he doesn't tolerate combing and brushing very well, but seemed to take good care of his fur. Then when he was having all the problems with his teeth, he stopped grooming and now is constantly getting matted. My husband has to hold him down while I get as many mats out as I can at one time. Sometimes he'll let me comb him for awhile while he's sleeping, but I never know when he's going to lose patience and scratch the shit out of me.
Page 4 of 4