Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:28 AM
Default Sim gets a friendship boost when around other sims
This is my first time making a post, but I really need help. There is this one game where I have this one sim that gets this friendship boost when he is around other sims but here's the thing he's not talking to any of the, it's really frustrating because I've tried everything to fix this...I've tried removing mods, resetting multiple sims, but none this worked obviously...so if you can give me some suggestions it'll be really appreciated.

(btw I already have the overwatch and errortrap mod and those didn't help )
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:31 AM
Does he have a high charisma or any of the associated rewards?
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#3 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 7:00 AM
yes, it sounds like he has made some skill challenges, and so will automatically start out at a higher friendship level with other sims.
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 8:20 AM
Completing some Charisma and Photography skill challenges also contribute to this relationship boost. I once had Sims who've completed both challenges, had certain lifetime rewards, and maximized his Charisma skill. Every time he greets himself to a stranger, they're immediately friends.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 9:07 AM
The lifetime points reward "attractive" gives an instant boost. I avoid it like the plague.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 9:35 AM
In addition, there are several careers, like politics, music and professional sports, that cause Sims to recognise you and react to you, and depending on your charisma level and skill challenge status this will raise the mutual relationship quite considerably by simply being near other Sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 12:32 PM
I know that the relationship will boost higher with skill levels,but you know the icon that come up that says you're becoming more like buddies, every time he comes around, that icon pop over other sims heads like every game hour and he's not even talking to them, plus he had ran a daycare up to level 5 (the highest point) and after that joined the education career up to level 10, he's still in the education btw, so could the skill challenges still can be the cause of that happening or is it his career?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:27 PM
I've had this happen to me too. For example, my kid will be watching TV inside, and the mom is outside gardening and they'll gain a random boost in relationship with the plus over their heads. I'm not sure how to fix it though =/ It hasn't happened often enough in my game for me to get annoyed with it yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 11:55 PM
Okay, so i went on nraas and found a mod called master controller. and used it to reset everything and it hasn't been happening so from what i see he hasn't been getting plus 1 friendship from is son's imaginary friend anymore, thanks for the suggestions anyway peoples