Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Supernatural
Default Some mods not working (some are?)
I just started up the modding experience yesterday and I'm having trouble actually getting them installed. But only some of them.

Right now the mods I have installed are the two that came with the package (no intro and nobuildsparkles), slightly altered muscular male mesh mod by nanashihito, sliding bookcase and hidden door by lunararc, and nrass decensor.

My problem is that slightly altered muscular male mesh mod isn't working, and neither is any other mod that I've tried to install that physically alters the sims themselves. It's just like they're not being detected or something. I guess this happens a lot to newbs like me, but the weird thing is that all the other mods that I have installed are working fine. I installed them all the exact same way, went over the directions and custom content problems that modthesims provides, and tried and retried installing several times. I'm just extracting the files and putting them into the packages folder just like I am with my other mods that are working as intended.

Can anybody help me out? Are mods that change the sims' meshes different from other mods somehow? I didn't see anything about that in the installation instructions, but that's the only similarity I can find.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 12:07 AM
sounds that you simply oversaw that you need to delete and thus refresh the cache files. follow this guide and see if it helps please: Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Files
the SimCompositorCache is likely holding the changes back from your sims. its safe to delete the other four too. they regenerate - no worries.

and yes modifications are all different. did you checked the Game Help:TS3 CC Basics or Game Help:TS3 Custom Content . these are the must-knows before you grab the must-haves.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 12:36 AM
I just tried deleting the cache files, but it didn't fix my problem. I deleted them in order, one by one, like it said just to make sure. Then I deleted them all and still no changes. One thing I did notice was that I don't have either of the thumbnail files listed.

I'll go reread the game help sections you listed, hopefully I find something that I just missed. Thanks for the help so far!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:01 AM
to be true: never heard of the muscular male mesh thing so please tell me: did you check if that mod needed any prerequisites on its own? a certain way to be installed e.p. that it needs to go in Overrides not in Packages?

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 4:24 PM
Couple of suggestions. Where you are new to using mods have you checked to make sure the mods folder framework is installed correctly? Have you checked to make sure that the mods you are using are compatible with what ever patch level you are at? The slightly altered muscular male mesh mod by nanashihito has been noted in here as "unsupported" as the creator has not logged in in some time. Check the Discussion Posts on that Mod's page to for more detail. You might want to do the same for the Sliding Door mod as well to see if there are other people having issues using that particular mod.

I'm curious as to why you installed only NRaas Decensor. If i may, I'd like to suggest you take a look at Getting Started Using NRaas Mods . In addition to game enhancing Mods, NRaas has mods that also will clean up for you as well as generate script reports to help identify problems, i.e. Overwatch and Error Trap. It might be worth a look see and if you need help with those mods, post over in Chatterbox. The members are experienced with the mods and the Developer is on site. You'll need to register to post and you can do that Here if you wish.