Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Something possibly graphical is causing my game to crash
Alright so whats been happening is that I will boot up the game, and for a bit it will work but anywhere from 1-5 minutes into the game the game will crash and windows will give me the The Sims 3 has stopped working message. I used the crash log analyzer which told me that my graphics card was not supported. So I think I followed the guide it gave me correctly, but not sure and I can put up the file if people want to check. Still, the game now recognizes the card(I think, it says it does at least), but the game still crashes and the analyzer is now saying Unknown for cause of the crash. Someone please help me! This didn't start happening until after I fixed this computer and I installed Into the Future.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:17 PM
You likely got a faulty copy of Into The Future because I had lagging and freezing and crashing happening frequently after installing a bad copy of World Adventures from a defective disk and got it replaced.I also had it crashing often after getting my first copy of Supernatural which ended up being on another defective disk and that's been replaced with a new disk and this install works.You should uninstall that new EP and get it returned for another working copy because it sound like the install is bad.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:55 PM
scratched disc? did you take a look at it?

did you read and tried the steps here:
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problem general overview
Game Help:Sims 3 Crashing Checklist under section B / related to patching + addons installing

which guide did you follow to get your graphics card recognized? Game Help:Getting new graphics cards recognized by the game

and did you checked the comments section of CLA if someone else experienced a similar problem? The Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer - see Comments this section is huge i know - but maybe you find an answer there

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
Where the game is now recognizing you card, have you checked to make sure any mods you are using are up to date with the patch level you are on. Have you checked for mod conflicts? You might want to consider referring to these two pages: The General Issues FAQ contains contain information and links for specific crash and lag issues. Tips For Better Game Performance also includes information and links that might be of use to you to maintain your game and tools to identify mods that are incompatible , i.e. Delphys Dashboard, etc. Hope this helps you out.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:14 AM
I've had this issue some time ago, although it wasn't after 5 minutes. It happens and it's freaking you out unless you've saved your game. Try lowering the graphics a bit and, for some time, run your game in the window mode. This worked for me, even though I still save my game once per hour just to make sure. Also, many mods installed (especially mods that change the same part in game's data) could cause this, try running the game without any CC (both from the Mods folder in MyDocuments AND in the Launcher)