Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default All CC,Store Content and Saves disappeared.
Can someone please help me?

Today i entered the laucher and it is all gone,all the CC and Store content i installed,the mods folder is also missing and the downloads folder is empty (only has 2 things in it,but not downloads)
CC is enabled.
What the hell happened???
The game worked fine yesterday.

DC Cache only has this file- missingdeps.idx
The saves have also dissapeared.

My specs:
AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz CPU
ATI Radeon HD 4770 512 mb GPU
4 GB DDR 2 RAM

I doubt it has anything to do with my PC as i this is the first time it happened.
So its gone completely vanilla overnight.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:38 AM
did you made ANY changes to your game you can remember? also is a physical install or are you origin user?

also missingdeps.idx is a file that works like a cache. it gets recreated and altered whenever sth is uninstalled from / via the launcher (see here: under DCCache)

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:58 AM
It is a disc (physical install)
Hmm,i think i just changed some graphic settings,but that is all and it is impossible for that to be the issue.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:14 PM
how did you do that? you know since i read ppl delete some very important ressources in doing so nothing is impossible for me. tell me what you did please

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:57 PM
No i did not delete anything i all i did was changing graphics for high to medium (which has nothing to do with this i am sure)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:15 PM
ok had to ask. so no thats not the cause of cause. you have a lot of EPs are they all physical? nothing newly installed before that happend?

do you have a backup of your downloads folders contents? whenever you install items through the launcher the sims3packs also appear in: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads where they can be safely removed to any other destination to back them up (e.p. external hard drives or USB stick). have you heard of that before? also since you had a mods folder do you have a backup of your packages files?

further as far as i have seen such "empty launcher issues" before i am not certain what causes this. all the informations i have concerning the launcher are from nonamenas article you can also read here: https://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/launcher/

i wonder if your .ebc (store) or .dbc (cc from other sources) files can have become corrupted. these are the informations the launcher uses when it judges what content is installed. ebc and dbc are both located in DCCache folder. if these are corrupt then the launcher would have reason to show nothing in your downloads... but why files physically vanish from folder destinations is a mystery to me.

you see i have no idea for a workaround at the moment and need to do a big fat research on my own. my last question: did you try to report your problem (which isnt only yours) to EA?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:54 PM
All physicall discs,I have no backups at all(stupid i know).
Did not report anything to them,maybe i will.
The only thing that comes up to me is that it may be a virus,but that i am crossing out too as i would know right away.