Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 6:42 PM Last edited by LyricLee : 27th Oct 2005 at 8:10 AM.
Default Attention- If you want to Upload to MTS2...
Hey everyone, just a small heads up to answer alot of questions I've been recieving lately.
The upload system is working properly, though some of you have mentioned not being able to submit a new thread.
From this point on, in order to upload here you will need to use the CREATE tab located in the top navigational bar across your screen.
Once on the create forum page you will see a box to the left that says "Attention Creators"
This box will lead you to the new standardized uploading form. This is now the ONLY way to upload items here. Using the forum itself will not work. Please be sure you have read over the Creator Guidelines forum located
HERE
to review the guidelines for all upload types.

Thank you for sharing your creations on this site and happy simming.

EDIT: If you are uploading a hack you may still use the forum view for now.
Advertisement
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 7:16 PM
Or on any page on this site, you can click User Tools in the upper right corner of the screen, and select Upload Items. That is a shortcut for getting to the uploading form

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 7:34 PM
Ok, thanks Nice to know you still take us in consideration (Compared to some TS2 Websites)

I ain't dumb, the worlds just too clever :P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 5:46 AM
i like the new system better rhan posting on the forum .
this way you'll be able to find this better.
but tnx for the info
Dean

no ears
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 4:32 PM
Somethings that's been bugging me:

New system is excellent (makes us creators feel all special - lol!), but the custom major forum, and possibly others, seems to have two forms.

There's the one with "testing ground" in the address, where you get hardly any thread information, but can upload new items; and the one with "download" in the address, where you get pictures, last post info., and everything else you could possibly want, except the option to upload!

It took me about a week to work out why the upload bar was sometimes there and sometimes not - during which I had to keep PMing requesters with "I'm sorry, I'm having trouble uploading" - but now that I've figured it out, it's fine.

Unfortunately though, I know how to get to each forum via the navigation bar, but whenever I exit a thread to go into the forum, it takes me to the download forum! So when I want to post several things consecutively, I have to go to the right forum, post, go back to testing grounds, university majors, and post again: rather than posting, going to the thread, and posting again!

I was wondering if there was a reason for this? (Or a way round it!!)

thanks
whiterider

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 5:03 PM
whiterider,

There is a boxout on the left of the downloads page - it says:

Quote:
Attention Creators!
Want to share your newest creation? Click here! We can't wait to see what you've made!

Please read the Creator Guidelines for infomation on how to create your post.

It's there on every one.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 10:20 PM
Ah yes, but last time I checked "University Majors" wasn't an option for the upload type on the form! :D

About thirty seconds later:
But I hadn't checked for a while!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by petalstaken
I am trying to upload the furnished house to my unfirnished one as was requested. I tryed using the user tool and simply tried uploading it to the same thread where i prefure it be with the unfurnished house. But i was unable to i get an invalid error.
Any ideas as to why?

Edit your original post to include the furnished version.
whiterider, uni majors are considered hacks and are under the testing grounds.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 7:15 AM Last edited by skarlett1 : 30th Oct 2005 at 10:17 PM.
Thanks for all the info, it really saved time on searching. However, I have my lot to upload, cleaned and ready to go. But I've been trying, using the upload form from my user tools, and each time when I'm "managing uploads" it seems to load all the way and then I get the message "Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster". Am I doing something wrong? (please don't let this be a 'duh' moment)
**Got it uploaded, I didn't realize the file size was too large. That's not what the error message said but it did go once I got the size below the allowed amount. :nod:
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 7:24 PM
YES ! this is the fing i was trying to find out ty ohh and dose this apply to when i click on creat a topic a box comes up to say im iver block by the admin or i need to activate my account but i ve ativated my account so ty
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 7:52 PM Last edited by petalstaken : 29th Oct 2005 at 8:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Edit your original post to include the furnished version.
whiterider, uni majors are considered hacks and are under the testing grounds.

i tried that and got this error message.. Invalid post specified.
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:25 PM
Default invalid post error
No matter how I try, still get that error, even following your new instructions. Please make this simpler for people, and please make it work. Thanks.
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 11:27 PM
I'm also getting an invalid post error every time I try to upload a rar file or a Sims2pack. :weep:
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 12:24 AM
Default I tried that
Already tried that, still getting invalid post error

I have had one of my posts closed and I am not pleased about that, I just want to share my newest house with others and tdjunkie or whatever the name was, closed my thread as she said I was only advertising my own website, but thats not true, I put it up like that because I have been trying for 1 week now to upload my house to mys2 but it keeps giving me the error, even with the new info you added. FRUSTRATING.

Teryl
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 12:31 AM
Default invalid post error
All they keep doing is sending me the post at the top of this page with the supposed new way to upload, but it does not work for me. I am uploading a rar file and getting error each time. So then, I decide to post my newest creation, South Breeze, a fantastic house, for people without the file link as I cannot upload it successfully due to the error message each time, and the mods close my thread and remove my web address, so others cannot download the house. Its not my fault I cannot upload it to this site, and yet they close my threads with the link for you all to download it. Hmmmmmmm.

Teryl
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#16 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 1:14 AM
If you'll notice, Teryl, many many people are able to upload to MTS2 successfully, so saying "make it work" when it already does doesn't help.

Please post in the Site Issues forum - as you may notice, this is Site News, not Site Issues. The link is in my sig. Post as much information as you can including at what point you get the error and how big your rar or sims2pack fileis.

Thank you.

Regards,
Delphy

Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 1:22 AM
Default error
Hi Delphy. Well, petalstaken and mangaPunkSai cannot upload either. My rar is about 14MB in size. I have written about 8 emails to your help email address and have had no replies, in a week or so. Not sure where else to turn. All that is happening is peoplel ike tdkjunkie keep closing my threads. I wish someone could figure it out, all I want to do is share a really super house with others, thats it.

Teryl
retired moderator
#18 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 1:27 AM
Teryl,

There is protocol involved here, as has been explained to you several times now. Please follow the instructions given to you in the two prior PMs, and in Delphy's reply to you. Reporting your problem in Site Issues is not that difficult ...

You can either try to get the problem fixed, or you can whine and fuss. As of your current actions, you don't seem to want your problem fixed -- you just want to whine and fuss.

Please cooperate. We want to fix the problem.

Edit:

And I do not "keep locking" your threads. You posted one advertisement in the Build Discussion forum, which was locked, as ALL advertisements are locked. Lying does not increase sympathy for your problem ...

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

Blog
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#19 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 1:28 AM
The maximum size for uploads is 10mb per file. That is why it is not working. Please cut yout lot size down.

I guess you either didn't see or chose to ignore my note about posting in site issues, but no matter. As tkdjunkie said - I do not check the entire site for problems, only those that get alerted to me. In future, post there not here.

Regards
Delphy

Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 12:14 PM
Hi!
Sorry - not to do with actually uploading anything but there is some questionable downloads put on this site by "Gribbs" - the particular downloads he is claiming credit for actually came from parsimonius.
Apologies if I have posted this incorrectly.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 1:16 PM
He's already been dealt with angie. Thanks

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:21 PM
Help?
Hey all. I'm not positive that this is the right place to post this, but it seemed close enough.... I really want to make my own thread, but I don't know how. The thread is going to have a "challange" in it. Like the legacy challange? I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that? I've already checked a bunch of places, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Help, please?

Blessed Be!
Merry Meet,
and Merry Part,
and Merry Meet again!

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:51 PM
SimQueen - you need to go to the community site for that sort of thing. The only 'chat like' threads here are for discussion of sims modifications.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 6:01 AM
Is it OK to post both zip and rar files? Or should it only be one or the other? There was some info about it but I cant find it now. Thanks!
retired moderator
#25 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:07 PM
It is preferred to post one or the other, but not both. There is no need to post both zips AND rars, as all people who can unrar things can also unzip.

The problem comes with the people who are too lazy/scared/whatever to download one of 20 different free tools that extracts rar files. So if you want to cater to those people, then post zip files.

On the other hand, if you have a very large file to post, and raring the file compresses it to half the size of a zipped version (such is often the case with lot files), then please post the rar version. There's no sense in posting a giant zip file that's twice the size of a rar file and takes twice as long to download and uses twice the already stretched bandwidth on the site just to satisfy the "zip-only" people. If they want it badly enough, they'll get out of the stone age and get a rar utility like everyone else.

Blog
Page 1 of 2