Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Downloads not showing up in game
Ok, wasn't sure where to put this. I installed Generations last week. Then I had to uninstall all of my Sims 3 including all of the expansion and stuff packs. I reinstalled everything in the order it was released. I also took out all CC and Mods. Now I can't get anything I download to show up in the game. It says it's installed, yet you never find it. I'm not sure if this is due to Generations or the lasted patch EA has released.
I do use a lot of things from Mod the Sims and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this.
Other then that, things seem to be working fine.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:49 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify Package Installation
    To help you further, please carefully read and follow the following:

First, double-check your setup: These instructions will take you through the things you should check yourself: Package Files Not Working. You may be able to fix the problem yourself using those instructions.

Still not working? Then we will need ALL of the following information.
    1. What is the version of your base game and any/all expansions?
      Windows OS: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversion#info.plistwiki

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist from the following locations, for ALL games you have (adapt as appropriate for OSX):
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 <EP or SP name>\Game\Bin
      Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
      WA: GameVersion =
      HEL: GameVersion =
      AMB: GameVersion =
      FL: GameVersion =
      LN: GameVersion =
      OL: GameVersion =
    2. Take THREE screenshots... one each of the following locations:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode, that you have file types showing (.package, .cfg, etc. on the ends of the filenames) and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable!
    3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad and copy-paste its contents here.
    4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

Is this both sims3pack and package files? You say it says it's installed so I'm assuming at least some of it is sims3pack, but mods are generally package files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:14 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, real life was very busy. Here's the information you asked for.

BG: GameVersion = 1.22.9.011001
WA: GameVersion = 2.0.86.002001
HEL: GameVersion = 3.0.38.004001
AMB: GameVersion =4.0.87.006001
FL: GameVersion = 5.0.44.008001
LN: GameVersion = 6.0.81.009001
OL: GameVersion =7.0.55.010001
GN: GameVersion=8.0.152.011001

Resource.cfg
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:16 PM
So your package files are broken, as well as your sims3packs? Just checking so we don't get confused.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 2:10 PM Last edited by txrose1217 : 9th Jun 2011 at 6:41 PM.
Default *updated*
Exactly. I can't get package files and sims3packs to work. But I'm still playing my sims.
*Ok after updating my Resource.cfg file, everything is working. But I wouldn't have been able to sort it out the help of the mod the sims experts* Thank you so much.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 7:25 AM
Updating Resource.cfg file also now load Sims3Pack content OK? They now work without having to be reinstalled in Launcher?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Updating Resource.cfg file also now load Sims3Pack content OK? They now work without having to be reinstalled in Launcher?

Everything is working great even the Sims3Pack. My Resource.cfg file was installed last summer. For whatever reason, it needed to be reinstalled into my Mods folder.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:38 AM
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved-corrupted .cfg file