Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#8801 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 10:51 PM
when i first played the Sims 3 i discovered that the spa music was not the burglar music
i'm saying this because the first time my Sim went to the spa the burglar music came on so i thought it was the spa music until i pop up saying my house was be burgled came up. why did this have to happen to me when i was still getting used to the game?
This made me panic and i was to scared to play the Sims 3 for a month. lol
Advertisement
Scholar
#8802 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 3:01 PM
That if you happen to be driving your houseboat away from port at the same time that some poor sim is trying to deliver your mail, they'll get out a boat of their own to follow you, and when that doesn't get you to stop, they'll just teleport right next to your mailbox. Damn. They take their job seriously.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#8803 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:35 PM
That a pub with literally a dozen people dancing in it, and 3 more apparently trying to catch a tan outside on the deck chairs at 9pm, can be considered "so dead, even ghosts won't go in it" by the game.

That the fucking celebrity system can not only interrupt the queued action when I'm asked for an autograph, by some nobody I don't even have line of sight to... it can interrupt a non-celebrity sim under my control to make them ask a celebrity for an autograph. Even with autonomy completely off for the controled sim. Way to override my settings, EA...

That just talking to my main sim who is a level 5 celebrity, for like all the time it took to get an autograph, made the sim I was controlling (and who I wasn't planning to make a celebrity) go from 0 to 3 stars celebrity. So basically they were more famous than someone who's done a couple of those celebrity opportunities. Just for being the guy who got the autograph of a celebrity that hands them to everyone asking anyway. Ah well... it was a sorta recreation of the Goths anyway, and everyone knows the Goths, so I guess they kinda ARE celebrities...

That if you have more than one person in a family who got into a social group, good luck getting rid of it. You'll need it. Mortimer and Bella from the new family I was making got to be jocks for playing ping-pong (yeah, macho sport that) and then just talking to each other was making both of them get more jock points. Then they infected Cassandra too, because I wanted everyone to talk to everyone, to improve their relationships before I go back to my normal sim.

That sometimes the solution to everyone being unable to use the front door is to redo the roof. EA's pathing still baffles me.
Top Secret Researcher
#8804 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:06 PM
i discovered that non playable characters can still go to the clubs after closing time yet my sims can't go to the club after closing time, I've seen sims run to empty lots and then disappear
is this a bug?
Instructor
#8805 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:44 PM
I discovered that there's a weird brick toy that kids can play with and hug, but it's not in the toybox, it comes with the pet toybox

Scholar
#8806 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
I discovered that there's a weird brick toy that kids can play with and hug, but it's not in the toybox, it comes with the pet toybox

You sure that is hugging and he is not trying to eat that brick ?
Instructor
#8807 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
You sure that is hugging and he is not trying to eat that brick ?

he was kissing it
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8809 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 10th Oct 2014 at 12:41 PM.
After what seemed like an eternity of constantly changing Sims relationships with the smartphone Relationship Transmogrifer app and turning Lucky Palms into a promiscuous valley of sin I discovered that the Social Networking skill challenges are borked. It says that after changing 30 Sims' relationships to Romantic Interest or Partner that you'd unlock the Best Friends Forever status on the phone. Well... you don't

My second discovery is also related to the University Life bugfest: you cannot track the writing progress of comic books. The progress doesn't register in the writing skill tab, probably because it's tied to various other skills, too.
#8810 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
i discovered that non playable characters can still go to the clubs after closing time yet my sims can't go to the club after closing time, I've seen sims run to empty lots and then disappear
is this a bug?
Those are probably homeless or service Sims. When they are about to leave the world for the day (it's also called hibernating) they choose some random lot where then they disappear.
Mad Poster
#8811 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo

That's Sir Bricks-a-lot! He was one of the "toys" Sims could build on the toy crafting bench in TS2 Open For Business. Kids could teach it to "stay".

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
One Minute Ninja'd
#8812 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
That's Sir Bricks-a-lot! He was one of the "toys" Sims could build on the toy crafting bench in TS2 Open For Business. Kids could teach it to "stay".

And came into TS3 though that Store toymaking machine venue they released as a part of the TS3 half assed OFB through venues approach they took.
Top Secret Researcher
#8813 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Those are probably homeless or service Sims. When they are about to leave the world for the day (it's also called hibernating) they choose some random lot where then they disappear.

thanks
i always wondered why that happened
Scholar
#8814 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
thanks
i always wondered why that happened

You can prevent that, though, by placing at least one housing lot with LN apartments (not to be confused with the entirely unrelated UL apartments lots), which is to say, with NPC doors. Then the NPCs live there, and will nicely go home after work instead of disappearing into thin air. Better yet, you can actually ring their buzzer to talk to them after hours, if you want to.

There is a very good tutorial on this site on how to build those: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ms_3_Apartments

Or you can just download one.
Scholar
#8815 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:15 PM
That although Bonehilda doesn't have a stomach, and indeed drinks just pour through her and form a puddle on the floor, she'll still puke from drinking plasma nectar :p
Alchemist
#8816 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:39 PM
Unstable sims can get personality changes! Unless they visit the hospital
Scholar
#8817 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:47 PM
That when travelling to Isla Paradisio (with NRaas Traveller), you can't actually choose to stay at the hotel.
Alchemist
#8818 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Cowplants can die!

Cowplants from Store can die?!
Test Subject
#8819 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 11:01 PM
It's possible to scale a tatoo! I didn't know this, my husband was messing around with his game when he discovered it. There was something else in CAS, but I forget.
Instructor
#8820 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 3:05 PM
If pet stares at sim while he is eating, the sim will throw something for the pet to eat.
Lab Assistant
#8821 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 5:40 PM Last edited by kin.gyo1413 : 19th Oct 2014 at 2:58 AM. Reason: typo
That while in Create a Style, you can actually drag patterns around to change where they apppear on the item... Not just as in dragging it on another item or texture, but in the space in between the textures. Head meet desk. I needed to know this years ago!
Theorist
#8822 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:27 AM
That when you hire a maid, she strictly works for 2 hours then leaves. She'll pick up all the dirty clothes and put them in hampers, wash the dishes, clean the tubs and sinks, makes the bed, mops the floors if there is a puddle or three but never ever cleans the toilet. My first maid ever in TS3 and I hired her tonight. At least she shows up everyday - 11 a.m. and works until 1 p.m. then leaves. Are butlers any better?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
#8823 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
That when you hire a maid, she strictly works for 2 hours then leaves. She'll pick up all the dirty clothes and put them in hampers, wash the dishes, clean the tubs and sinks, makes the bed, mops the floors if there is a puddle or three but never ever cleans the toilet. My first maid ever in TS3 and I hired her tonight. At least she shows up everyday - 11 a.m. and works until 1 p.m. then leaves. Are butlers any better?
Well, butlers live with you and only stop doing those butlery things when they need to take care of their needs. They are treated as a permanent visitor or roommate you cannot control.
But for your maid leaving after exactly 2 hours, that is kind of odd. Mine sometimes stay until much later in the afternoon and, as far as I recall, everything that is still dirty when she leaves will be automatically cleaned then anyway.
Theorist
#8824 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Well, butlers live with you and only stop doing those butlery things when they need to take care of their needs. They are treated as a permanent visitor or roommate you cannot control.
But for your maid leaving after exactly 2 hours, that is kind of odd. Mine sometimes stay until much later in the afternoon and, as far as I recall, everything that is still dirty when she leaves will be automatically cleaned then anyway.

Watched her for a full sim week and she showed up like clockwork 11 a.m. and anything not cleaned up by 1 p.m. was left undone as she left. She was actually holding dirty clothes to throw in the hamper. When the clock struck 1, she dropped it on the floor and left. It was funny and annoying at the same time. As I said, this is my first maid ever. I had never hired one from launch day until last night. I might want to try a butler for the first time too.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#8825 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:46 PM
That if you leave your houses with a laundry machine unattended for too long, giant piles of clothes will start appearing everywhere.
Page 353 of 490