Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8873 (Who?), Viewed: 1144149 times.
Page 355 of 355
Mad Poster
#8851 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 20th Nov 2014 at 3:04 PM.
I just discovered that if you want a really busy commercial district in a town you should tag the lot as "Market" or "Small Market". It's a lot type that came with World Adventures and is usually restricted to the vacation worlds. But you can either use NRaas Traveler to have it available in regular worlds or export one from France and place it in a homeworld. The attraction of Markets is tuned such that it can easily surpass any community lot type.
For comparison: a Big Park has an attraction score of 30, a Small Market scores at 150 and the Market at 200. Only the Art Gallery is as attractive at 200, while a Late Night venue only scores at around 50 in a suburban world.
Mad Poster
#8852 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 4:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
So don't keep us in suspense here. Did you bust it up, or did you decode it, and what did you discover? Really, you can't just drop that on us and not finish the story. That would be just............................mean.

I chose to Decode the Symbols since my Sim had high logic but I think that failed as Chris (my Sim) was immediately spat out of the dance sphere with no new possessions and the text box was tinted red instead of the usual yellow/cream.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#8853 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 7:41 AM
I finally "discovered" (in my case, I looked it up lol) how to get rid of all paparazzi. They were bothering me but I hadn't seeked out a mod for it until today. Turns out I did have the NRaas Register mod and I just needed to do something via the NRaas menu after clicking on the town hall. Looking forward to playing with no paparazzi. They're pests! The most awkward encounter was when I had my celebrity couple woohoo and one of them entered the bedroom and started jotting down in their little notepad.

Artwork in avatar by icy-sushi.
Inventor
#8854 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 7:48 PM
That even with all expansions, there's very few clothing options for elder males. Trying to dress them while staying true to who they are is a nightmare. The store isn't much help, and I can't find much in the way of CC either. I just about managed to pull together a wardrobe that I'm reasonably happy with, but it was really frustrating and disappointing to realise just how limited my choices were.

no power in the verse can stop me
One Minute Ninja'd
#8855 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXS
I finally "discovered" (in my case, I looked it up lol) how to get rid of all paparazzi. They were bothering me but I hadn't seeked out a mod for it until today. Turns out I did have the NRaas Register mod and I just needed to do something via the NRaas menu after clicking on the town hall. Looking forward to playing with no paparazzi. They're pests! The most awkward encounter was when I had my celebrity couple woohoo and one of them entered the bedroom and started jotting down in their little notepad.

And the Register can also rid your world of unwanted animals, especially the damned raccoons going through the garbage (hate them in game, really hate them IRL), and all those tourists who teach your sims those awful songs they keep wanting to belt out that they picked up from them, even when you never let them go on a WA vacation even once just to avoid that crap. As well as, of course, allowing you to assign all those sims you really want manning those registers in the game.

Handy little mod, that one.
Lab Assistant
#8856 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:53 AM
Apparently, all the sims thinks that an apartment on fire is a disco. Even the ones not living in the apartment. I think 16 people came to the apartment to dance.
Test Subject
#8857 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:17 PM
I FOUND OUT THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD backup THEIR MODS FOLDER, IN CASE THAT THEIR COMPUTER WILL DIE! HATE THATE PIECE OF CRAP, THAT I USED TO CALL NOTEBOOK! BURN IN HELL!! Now, if you excuse me, I have to spend at least 4 hours on finding all of my CC!! HATE YOU, YOU STUPID COMPUTER!! :'(
Field Researcher
#8858 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:24 PM
I found that out with TS2 when my laptop got set back to factory settings. I lost everything, including the CC I had just got done making.

Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Scholar
#8859 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-hzer
Apparently, all the sims thinks that an apartment on fire is a disco. Even the ones not living in the apartment. I think 16 people came to the apartment to dance.

sorry can't resist ... Grooooovy!
Theorist
#8860 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 8:59 AM
While reading the codes, I figured that having level 10 or 1 in Martial Arts skill doesn't matter in a fight, despite the XML saying you get +0.125 chance for each difference in Martial Arts skill with your opponent. Well, that's not true. It only matters if one and only one of the Sims has the skill, in which case the only Sim who has Martial Arts skill will be guaranteed a victory. If both or neither Sims have the Martial Arts skill, the skill is basically worthless.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#8861 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 4:42 PM Last edited by AnotherStupidGurl : 12th Dec 2014 at 5:01 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiiteza
That my sim's daughter is the cutest child a sim of mine has EVER HAD!
The hair makes her even better. Her name is Naima Biyu Siad and her father is Bao Loiue from Shang Simla.

Where did you get that hair, skin and contacts? I want them. I NEED THEM!
AND I discovered, that after week of not playing sims, I'm literally dreaming of playing it.
Inventor
#8862 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 5:20 PM
That after removing a mod because it conflicts with another mod and in doing so causes the game to crash, it really is a really good idea to clear your caches.

I knew this in theory, but having just lost hours of unsaved work as a result of thinking I was safe, when apparently, I was not, I have a feeling that I'll take that warning a bit more seriously next time.

no power in the verse can stop me
Top Secret Researcher
#8863 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
That after removing a mod because it conflicts with another mod and in doing so causes the game to crash, it really is a really good idea to clear your caches.

I knew this in theory, but having just lost hours of unsaved work as a result of thinking I was safe, when apparently, I was not, I have a feeling that I'll take that warning a bit more seriously next time.

I clear my caches after I Save and Quit every game. Less load time for the next time I fire it up.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Top Secret Researcher
#8864 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 9:15 PM
Bridgeport has a majority of young adults (I think it was about 121-122 young adults and about 42 adults, and probably 3 toddlers or something) and a majority of the girls has big jugs ..
Theorist
#8865 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 4:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
Bridgeport has a majority of young adults (I think it was about 121-122 young adults and about 42 adults, and probably 3 toddlers or something) and a majority of the girls has big jugs ..

If you hover your pointer over the city icon on the bottom left corner of Bridgeport thumbnail / save file on Bridgeport in the main menu, it will say, "This is a Late Night Town: an exciting place for single young adults and older Sims." It's quite fitting but it will have a shortage on the next generation if they don't breed.

The tooltip for non-downtown worlds says this, "This is a Sims 3 Town: lots of families living the suburban dream," on the other hand.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#8866 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 9:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel23
If you hover your pointer over the city icon on the bottom left corner of Bridgeport thumbnail / save file on Bridgeport in the main menu, it will say, "This is a Late Night Town: an exciting place for single young adults and older Sims." It's quite fitting but it will have a shortage on the next generation if they don't breed.

The tooltip for non-downtown worlds says this, "This is a Sims 3 Town: lots of families living the suburban dream," on the other hand.

I was not questioning it, makes sense since it is a '' downtown '' expansion pack, it needs a lot of young fresh people and yadiyadiyada
Lab Assistant
#8867 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherStupidGurl
Where did you get that hair, skin and contacts? I want them. I NEED THEM!
AND I discovered, that after week of not playing sims, I'm literally dreaming of playing it.

Hair is "REMI" originally from supremesims, although I downloaded this from sims3urbancc.
It comes in toddler-adult types: "REMI"(adult version) & http://sims3urbancc.tumblr.com/post...ift-par-2-first comes in a pack.

The "contacts" are actually default replacements of escand's "http://modthesims.info/d/397231 ", which does come in contact form.

Skin is "http://modthesims.info/d/493687 " from teru-k on MTS. But downloaded this skin from his/her blog http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_63f63ea901017sxo.html .

Sorry about not replying earlier, I didn't know about this comment untill now.
Test Subject
#8868 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:05 AM
I've been playing this game for years and I only just now noticed that female sims' button-down shirts have that irritating gap around the chest buttons, just like real life shirts do!

ETA: It's not really a gap gap, although IRL shirts certainly can have those if the button placket can't take any more, but it certainly has that ruffling thing that plagues every non-tailored button-down.
Test Subject
#8869 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiiteza
Hair is "REMI" originally from supremesims, although I downloaded this from sims3urbancc.
It comes in toddler-adult types: "REMI"(adult version) & http://sims3urbancc.tumblr.com/post...ift-par-2-first comes in a pack.

The "contacts" are actually default replacements of escand's "http://modthesims.info/d/397231 ", which does come in contact form.

Skin is "http://modthesims.info/d/493687 " from teru-k on MTS. But downloaded this skin from his/her blog http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_63f63ea901017sxo.html .

Sorry about not replying earlier, I didn't know about this comment untill now.

THANK YOU! YOU LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE! ♥ U ;* Thank you for all the links, you really helped me. THANK YOU ONCE MORE! AHH! GONNA GO AND DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING! AHHHHHHH!
Test Subject
#8870 Old Yesterday at 5:09 PM
I just found out that one can really 'identify' with one's sim... when my sim's girlfriend decided to end their relationship, I just sat there dumbstruck and keep ordering my sim to do non sequitur actions...
Field Researcher
#8871 Old Yesterday at 10:56 PM
That sims scuba diving can wee themselves if they see a shark Kind of liked that.

(I haven't really played with a lot of the things with island paradise until now)
Field Researcher
#8872 Old Yesterday at 11:06 PM
I discovered that is impossible for me to build inexpensive houses/lots. I'm currently adding house to the world I have created. The cheapest one I manage to build is little under 20k. I'm almost done with the world, next up, game play testing.
Test Subject
#8873 Old Today at 9:49 AM
I just discovered that there or airplanes in the sky. Never seen that before
Top Secret Researcher
#8874 Old Today at 10:22 AM
This might sound a bit noobish of me but I had no idea townies/sims I don't play can take the baby stroll to go out with toddlers. I thought you had to manually buy that object for someone to use it but as I was in Moonlight Falls park I saw a woman walking with a baby stroll!!!
Page 355 of 355

Section jump