Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM
I was able too get my CC working just by moving the mods folder,resorce.cfg and the dill file to the Ambitions folder in C drive and everything showed up just fine. But I have yet to get it working trying to make a mods folder in documents
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katierose33
I was able too get my CC working just by moving the mods folder,resorce.cfg and the dill file to the Ambitions folder in C drive and everything showed up just fine. But I have yet to get it working trying to make a mods folder in documents

Excellent news about using the Ambitions folder.

People have been wondering if that capability had been taken out of the game.

For the My Documents version of the mods folder, the dll isn't needed (we think!), the resource.cfg file is placed inside the mods folder, and needs to be edited.

Each line like this:
Code:
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package

Would change like this:
Code:
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:46 AM
Well it seems I am in the same boat.

I bought ambitions, had to patch my game before I could install it. I patched, installed game.

Went to my documents\electronic arts\the sims 3 folder and created the Mods folder. Inside that folder I did the Packages and DCCache folders. I installed the resource.cfg file in the mods folder then put all of my package files (Minus Awesome Mod and Jo's Slider Hack) into the Packages folder. Not working.

I pulled them all out, and just put in some hair by MTM, still not working. They do not appear in game for whatever reason. I have went through all of the game folders to make sure I had no stray mods or resource.cfg items. Could not find any that might cause problems. I am at a loss on why I can not get the package files to appear in game.

Any ideas on what I might be overlooking?

Thank you and I am sorry in advance if it is something so simply that I am just overlooking.
Instructor
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TTylo
Well it seems I am in the same boat.

I bought ambitions, had to patch my game before I could install it. I patched, installed game.

Went to my documents\electronic arts\the sims 3 folder and created the Mods folder. Inside that folder I did the Packages and DCCache folders. I installed the resource.cfg file in the mods folder then put all of my package files (Minus Awesome Mod and Jo's Slider Hack) into the Packages folder. Not working.

I pulled them all out, and just put in some hair by MTM, still not working. They do not appear in game for whatever reason. I have went through all of the game folders to make sure I had no stray mods or resource.cfg items. Could not find any that might cause problems. I am at a loss on why I can not get the package files to appear in game.

Any ideas on what I might be overlooking?

Thank you and I am sorry in advance if it is something so simply that I am just overlooking.

When you start the game. After the loading screen where the progress bar runs, do you get a pop-up box telling you what custom content you have?

If not, try throwing awesome back in just to see if it causes the incompatible mod message...

I'll be monitoring this thread for a few hours yet, so post back and I'll try to help.
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:04 AM
I did all that.
Now when I get to the window where to choose wich game I want to start it tells me what core mods are in the folder.
I click OK, and when I start the Game, it isn't even loading, it just crashes.

And If I don't create the folder it crashes too.

And If I create the folder but without the .cfg it says: "unable to load Riverview. Please Start again"

When I create a new city in all versions I described above, it works, but there is no custom content. -.- shiiit patch.
Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:05 AM
I'm pretty much clueless. where do i get the resource.cfg file?
Instructor
#32 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miraclexsun
I'm pretty much clueless. where do i get the resource.cfg file?

See Post #15 in this thread.
Instructor
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicky_Q
I did all that.
Now when I get to the window where to choose wich game I want to start it tells me what core mods are in the folder.
I click OK, and when I start the Game, it isn't even loading, it just crashes...

Did you remove the custom content from your old Mods folders in each of your game install folders?

It sounds like you may have a core mod or a script mod interfering... Possibly even a slider mod.
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:09 AM
Default Hm..
I have played the game without most of my CC for a bit and I actually like the new update. My sims cannot sleep yet but they can nap on a couch.

But, the modification folder seems to be the biggest pain. Oddly enough, the last time I played the game I got an "error 16" which ended up with my whole legacy family being gone. I edited the resource file without change to the condition of the custom content.

Is there anything else I could try?
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
See Post #15 in this thread.

I understand I need to put it there, I guess I'm confused as to where I find the resource.cfg, if that makes sense
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:14 AM
I did not get a message with awesome mod, so I removed it and the resource.cfg and then put the resource back in and it took about 8 minutes to finally load in but my content was now there.

My resource.cfg has a lot more on it then the one you showed in your earlier post. Just out of curiosity are we suppose to remove any of the extra stuff that is on it. For example the part that says sims3mod, can that be removed or do we alter it the same way. It probably does not matter much seeing my package files are now appearing in game but I was just curious about all of this extra stuff on the resource.cfg if it was suppose to be removed or just left alone. I just left it alone, obviously by how long mine is, but I figured I would ask to make certain.

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:16 AM
Did you remove the custom content from your old Mods folders in each of your game install folders?

It sounds like you may have a core mod or a script mod interfering... Possibly even a slider mod.

Yes I removed the custom content from the old folders, and deleted the old folders and .cfg files from sims3 and WA as well.
Shouldn't I done so?

No I have no slider mods.
nothing special at all.
Instructor
#38 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TTylo
I did not get a message with awesome mod, so I removed it and the resource.cfg and then put the resource back in and it took about 8 minutes to finally load in but my content was now there.

My resource.cfg has a lot more on it then the one you showed in your earlier post. Just out of curiosity are we suppose to remove any of the extra stuff that is on it. For example the part that says sims3mod, can that be removed or do we alter it the same way. It probably does not matter much seeing my package files are now appearing in game but I was just curious about all of this extra stuff on the resource.cfg if it was suppose to be removed or just left alone. I just left it alone, obviously by how long mine is, but I figured I would ask to make certain.

There were several different ideas for the Resource.cfg file floating around, from several different authors.

If it works, it works. No need to remove things.

The difference between that one and the one I posted is that you have several different priority levels as well as a couple of different file names that it looks for.
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:21 AM
There were several different ideas for the Resource.cfg file floating around, from several different authors.

If it works, it works. No need to remove things.

The difference between that one and the one I posted is that you have several different priority levels as well as a couple of different file names that it looks for.

Thank you. You have been very helpful with all of this stuff. It is much appreciated.
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:21 AM
This patch sounds great, but I'm leaving my game as is till all the kinks are straightened out (and my non-negotiable mods are updated )
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chalice
This patch sounds great, but I'm leaving my game as is till all the kinks are straightened out (and my non-negotiable mods are updated )

I should have done so.
Instructor
#42 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:38 AM
Yes I removed the custom content from the old folders, and deleted the old folders and .cfg files from sims3 and WA as well.
Shouldn't I done so?

No I have no slider mods.
nothing special at all.

That is what I did and it worked correctly.

Do the lines in your Resource.cfg in the new Mods folder have Mods/Packages/.... in them or just Packages/.... ??
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:39 AM
That is what I did and it worked correctly.

Do the lines in your Resource.cfg in the new Mods folder have Mods/Packages/.... in them or just Packages/.... ??

Just packages as you said.

So should I remove all the core mods. I understand they will not work?
I'll try that later. To angry right now. XD
Instructor
#44 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:50 AM
Just packages as you said.

So should I remove all the core mods. I understand they will not work?

When core mods are installed that won't work, the game should complain and stop.

Definitely remove them until they update.
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:54 AM
http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1610.0

Thought yall would like to know
Instructor
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:57 AM
I'm getting Ambitions next week, do I need to install this new patch before I install the EP?
The computer I've Sims 3 installed to is not connected to the internet, can I download the patch somewhere and save to this PC?

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Field Researcher
#47 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:11 AM
call me a newb but i dont know where to find the patch to download. i've looked all over the ts3 website and i cant find the link to the download
Scholar
#48 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:13 AM
@~Dee~
no, Ambitions will install the latest patch. Installing right now while typing
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:15 AM
I have ambitions installed and used granthes Resources.cfg file and after removing any mods the game complained about on start up it started working fine, I don't get any messages when I start my game and jonha sliders are working perfectly. I noticed with the mods the game didn't like my game was loading and started up perfectly but would not load the city when I clicked new game. Everything seems good now tho.
Instructor
#50 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candlelight82
@~Dee~
no, Ambitions will install the latest patch. Installing right now while typing

Thanks.
So the patch is included on the Ambitions disk?

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Locked thread
Page 2 of 4