Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:27 PM Last edited by candywitch17 : 25th Jun 2017 at 5:12 AM.
Default Sims Medieval Possible Expansions Opinions
So I recently started playing sims medieval again, and as I started playing more, I realized the missed potential EA had with it. Sims Medieval only had one expansion pack, which is a huge missed opportunity for the game, EA, and the players.
It may have had a few problems for it, but with a little working out, and more packs released, these problems could've been easily fixed. So, my question is with the slim chance EA would start releasing more packs for Medieval, or just did a re-release of the game with a more sims 4 style game play, would you play it?
Personally, some packs I would've loved to see for the game is a adventure pack, where your hero could travel to playable places, and go to other playable kingdoms as a guest, in a medieval styled sims 3 world adventures. Or, a pack where you discovered playable lands, and had different options on your approach to the natives, and could build an empire. But that is just my opinion.
Whats your opinion on it? Do you think Sims Medieval was cut too short? Or do you think the life span on the short-lived game was perfectly fine?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:45 AM Last edited by Eggyslav : 25th Jun 2017 at 11:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by candywitch17
So I recently started playing sims medieval again, and as I started playing more, I realized the missed potential EA had with it. Sims Medieval only had one expansion pack, which is a huge missed opportunity for the game, EA, and the players.
It may have had a few problems for it, but with a little working out, and more packs released, these problems could've been easily fixed. So, my question is with the slim chance EA would start releasing more packs for Medieval, or just did a re-release of the game with a more sims 4 style game play, would you play it?
Personally, some packs I would've loved to see for the game is a adventure pack, where your hero could travel to playable places, and go to other playable kingdoms as a guest, in a medieval styled sims 3 world adventures. Or, a pack where you discovered playable lands, and had different options on your approach to the natives, and could build an empire. But that is just my opinion.
Whats your opinion on it? Do you think Sims Medieval was cut too short? Or do you think the life span on the short-lived game was perfectly fine?

I also think there should be more expansions for TSM, I had an Idea for a Pets Expansion, with Dogs, Cats, Horses and Dragons (a'la Sims 1 Makin' Magic, or Dragon Valley in Sims 3), There would be a new building in town, a Stable, where you can buy and keep your horses, which can be summoned with a whistle, just like parrots, and would be a quick way to get around your kingdom and, can be used in in jousting (a new sport played at the training grounds, where horse owning fighting class sims, and NPCs try to throw eachother from their steeds with lances and shields, new equipment that could be bought in the Village Shoppe, or made by the Blacksmith), Dogs could help Monarchs, Knights and Spies in hunting, and cats would be helpful too, as wizard's magic familiar, and, while your kingdom is low on Wellness, cats would be keeping the plague from spreading (you know, because they would hunt rats)... And there could be rare breeds of Horses, like Unicorns, Pegasi, Nightmares, that needed to be found in the forest, or by ship. Dragons would have different powers, based on their color, just like in the dragon valley, and they would be obtained via quest, where a mysterious stranger (perhaps a blonde fair skinned maiden from faraway land in the east, aptly named Dragon Matriarch, see what I did here?) gives your sim a dragon egg, and he/she has to take care of it, depending on your actions, a certain type of dragon hatches, and you either keep it, or give it back to the stranger in exchange for a Legendary trait. Of course, there would be new CAS and Buy Mode objects, and all the pets, except the dragons, could be edited in a simplified version of Sims 3 Create a Pet, with medieval styled collars for cats and dogs, and saddles, caparisons, bardings, and even armor for horses.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:20 AM
I would never play an expansion pack for TSMP&N which was nothing more than a duplicate for the Sims 3. Are you kidding? That would be of the highest insult to TSMP&N, and also to the more intelligent, and historical seeking players of the game. I like the first idea of the asker, of expanding the game so that our heroes could travel to other kingdoms, especially so I could prove to Chickieteeta that my king, Xylan Darksword, is not only more handsome than her king, but also smarter and stronger, and more skilled at sword fighting, than her baby-faced Petunia of a monarch. Xylan would snap her flower like a twig, and have him crying and bowing before him...he that is good and kind, but loves to battle any who deem arrogance as a right and expected behavior of a spoiled person born into wealth and of a ruling class. Chickie your man is all puddin, Darlin. Xylan is all man, hard with muscle, and soft and gentle with babies, and equal in status with any man or woman who bears reason within them!

Somebody out there, hurry up and get at least a 3rd of the way into creating an expansion for TSM, as has been discussed on this forum before. I don't want Chickie, and her boy shaking in their boots too long!

The reason EA dropped and forgot TSMP&N was not because they couldn't have Maxis fix the problems the game had, even though they claimed they did through the few patches they released, the game did not make enough money to please the greedy grubbing producers. But it seem that screwing their customers is a long and ill remembered {by them} habit of theirs.

There are a few modders here at MTS that have some ability to create an expansion pack for the game, but it is probably too much for just one or two people who probably live very far away from one another, if they did try and create a team to attempt to produce such an endeavor. But if they could, I sure would back their game at Kickstarters, no doubt!

Xeny and Xylan, Lord of all! LOL

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:53 AM
In my opinion, the Sims Medieval failed in terms of fan support and sales. I'm sure EA feels that they tried doing something unique and it's the players fault it failed. I just don't think, based on the way they designed the base Medieval game, it was ever going to ketch on. I mean, if they made an expansion to allow you to completely build a building, have actual families, restor skills, make your own map and kingdom, and create your own sort of adventures I'd be down.

I just didn't feel like they had a shot with the game after stripping out all of the MAIN Sims content.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:54 AM Last edited by Xeny : 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by James009
In my opinion, the Sims Medieval failed in terms of fan support and sales. I'm sure EA feels that they tried doing something unique and it's the players fault it failed. I just don't think, based on the way they designed the base Medieval game, it was ever going to ketch on. I mean, if they made an expansion to allow you to completely build a building, have actual families, restor skills, make your own map and kingdom, and create your own sort of adventures I'd be down.

I just didn't feel like they had a shot with the game after stripping out all of the MAIN Sims content.

You have a nice opinion here, James, but in fact I want to try and clarify what I think you are saying about who's fault it is that Sims Medieval did not continue, but was ended by Ea. I believe you are saying that EA believes it is the fault of the consumer for not being excited enough about the game to run out with their last dollars of the month's budget to purchase anything and everything EA put out for the game, nor create special chat rooms and forums specifically for TSM, and that you are NOT saying that it is your opinion that the fault is that of the consumers.
I will let you know something especially because it proves my point. I did not even know about the game TSM, until right at the point where EA had stopped involvement with the game. This should not have happened in my line of work at that time, as I was heavily involved in PC gaming, and games and on the Internet constantly, working with new and old games, and with games consumers throughout the world. Certainly there is a reason why the news about this game was so slow to reach my knowledge and attention, especially when my work involved researching, and playing every type of game new and old for PC.
I am quite certain the answer lies in EA and their advertisement (s) of TSM, then later P&N. There was almost NONE. But look at Sims 3, and their advertisements. I detest Sims 3, and all of its silliness, but involved in its distribution, I was, and about everywhere one looks on the Internet and game sites, there are Sims 3 marks, pictures, discussions, advertising , and everything else a company puts out to inform the public of all they can waste their money on just to popularize their product, and make money off the consumers.
Where was this kind of jump into your rocket launchers and blast out the wall posters attitude for the Sims Medieval, and Pirates and Nobles? Why weren't their hidden behind a few web sites' front page adverts filled with exciting images, or promotions???? Why did they not scream about the availability for gamers to live in Medieval times and why did they not use the Sims 3 forums, and discussions to get the story out about TSM? Why did they not spend the proper funds in advertising TSM and P&N????? Did they think we consumers so stupid that since they played Sims 3, there was no need to pay out money for advertising a new sims game with a similar build, as sims fans would follow blindly so EA would save itself a few bucks????
The above is all I believe to be true about most game producers, not just EA, though EA takes the dang cake. There is a reason why voters voted EA the worst company in America 2 years in a row, that for being horrible in customer service!

All of this is also proof that EA are money grubbing PIGS, who care not a wit about their customers, yeah, but what is even sadder, is they don't care about the games they produce. EA loves MONEY, but nothing else.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candywitch17

I think there should have been a "Tribal" pack where you can play as an Indian tribe discovering the medieval world for the first time.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 9:48 AM
A Magical one. Added more fantasy elements. Focuses on a possible war between Effemont and Drow elves or maybe orges.
New features:
- Duelable wizards. Wizard/Fighter and Wizard/Wizard fights. Maybe similar sistem as its mobile game where multiple people duel. (Creating guilds)
- Personal Good/evil alignment. Again, same as mobile one
- New Enemies: Drow elves and/or orges. Some of drow elves are wizards, drow elves attack you when you annex Effemont.
- Dragons. Same mechanism as Dragon Valley dragons.
- More magical elements, craftables.

(This would be so much sorcerer/sorceress focused pack, but what can I say. I love playing wizards. :D)