Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired
retired moderator
#26 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:14 AM
That's a shame. Surely EA would have foreseen the confusion such a stupid naming convention would cause?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:28 AM
Yes, it is a shame. I'm poking around the game data files myself now, after finding them on MATY, and.. it seems his conclusions are true. I'm seeing a 'Frankensim' reference next to something mentioning the 'My Best Friend' reward, as well as the ability to smash objects into scrap, and the need to be repaired.

There's a lot of stuff in this file. I can't even begin to cover it all. Like neighbors complaining about the noise from the drilling.
Retired
retired moderator
#28 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:51 AM
Well, any new bits and bobs you find, don't hesitate to share them. Great to know, and some comfort after the loss of the Frankensim. Thanks moryrie.

Scholar
#29 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:39 AM
Well, there's always modding? :P

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:49 AM
Well, here goes. I may be wrong on some counts, this is all my interpretation of what I can see in the code. (And I should really be sleeping. It's 5 AM and I am not even slightly tired.)

-Baker is a new career listed in the file. It does seem to be child only, and we knew about a bake stand, but it being a stand alone career surprises me.
-Bullies can pick on children having a bake sale.
-The skills that are listed as allowing for careers are: Sculptor, Inventor, Writer, Nectar Maker, Fisherman, Gardener, Painter, and Photographer.
-Doctors appear to be able to use experimental drugs on themselves as well as others.
-It seems you can fill in drilled holes later.
-Investigating Drill Holes seems to act somewhat like the time machine, or a dive well. Sim goes in, popups appear, sim possibly finds something or gets a moodlet upon surfacing again. Magic Gnomes from WA are findable in these holes, in addition to the original gnomes, and two of the new Ambitions gnomes (Sculptor Gnome, and Inventor Gnome). And other things.
-There are many kinds of music boxes, including a Ninja one. *wants*
-Simbots can apparently "converse" with appliances. (Not that a microwave would have much of interest to talk about.)
-Apparently there's some reaction to Simbots, similar to the 'OMG it's a MUMMY! (or ghost)'
-'Flavors' for the Hyginator seem to include, "Pastel", "Pine Fresh" and "Power of Science". Sims who hate the outdoors will not care for smelling, "Pine Fresh", and Neurotic sims hate all Flavors.
-It seems like most of the base game furnishings randomly spawn at the junk yard. (Few other things too. Nothing I see from WA or HELS).
-'Levitation' seems to be a decorative invention.
- In addition to the other gnomes mentioned, and the caveman gnome, there is a 'Laundry Gnome'.
- Claeric mentioned this in his blog, but, I see what appears to be two fishtank object references. One labeled 'Modern' the other not labeled. He thought the second one was invented, and will probably make a lot of people who bought HELS because of the Fishtank angry.

That's all for now.
Retired
retired moderator
#31 Old 31st May 2010 at 12:02 PM
Thanks moryrie, all fun factoids! Very curious about the fishtanks now.

Forum Resident
#32 Old 31st May 2010 at 12:42 PM
Laundry Gnome? I can't wait to see that one. Thanks for those, really interesting, can't wait to get the game tomorrow and start finding this stuff.

And yeah, I'm with kiwi_tea, very curious about the fishtanks.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 31st May 2010 at 5:07 PM
Damn it EA, what's wrong with you?

Well, this EP is still awesome even without frankensim. I wish I weren't broke

Thanks, moryrie, for all the fun new info. I wonder if modders will be able to make baker into a career for adults?
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#34 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:55 PM
Fascinating stuff! Thanks for sharing! And interesting that those folks have their hands on a set of files, heh.

Sounds like the hygienator gives some useful moodlets

Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
(Not that a microwave would have much of interest to talk about.)

Hey, you wouldn't BELIEVE some of the things my microwave has seen Like the time it turned a bottle of chocolate sauce into a geyser... or the time the chicken pot pie was nuked for 40 minutes instead of 4, and turned into a puddle of goo... ah the stories it could tell!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 31st May 2010 at 9:18 PM
Well, I bought HELS for the guitar more than anything, because I was REALLY sick of the acoustic one, so I'm not angry about the fish tanks. I'm still confused by the Frankensim though. I mean, there are "experimental meds", and one of the LTWs is to "Make 3 MONSTERS". Why call a Simbot a "monster"? How would you be even able to fulfill this LTW? Make 3 Simbots? One mummy and two Simbots? Etc.?

It would make the most sense for there to be a third kind of monster, because I think it would get pretty boring to make 3 of the same kind of monster, and it's just weird to make just one of one variety of monster and two of another monster. And like kiwi tea said, "Surely EA would have foreseen the confusion such a stupid naming convention would cause?"

I'm going to remain skeptical on this one guys.
Inventor
#36 Old 31st May 2010 at 9:35 PM
Frankensim, aka Frankenstein, in Ambitions is the Simbot. They are one and the same, just like Claeric posted in his blog. You can play a Simbot as your active sim and he/she can have traits. They are playable characters like the mummies and ghosts. I've looked through the files labeled as Frankenstein and Frankensim and they have parts where simbot is used as the term for them in place of the Frankenstein and Frankensim names. Why the coders would have so many names for one type of character, I don't know. It is disappointing that we don't get to have a real Occult monster with the new EP.

*To add, the Inventors make the Frankensims/Simbots. They have a certain workbench that they use to do it with. Here is the name of the file for that Bench. It's the interaction name. Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.HobbiesSkills.Inventing.InventionWorkbench+MakeFrankensim+Definition
Field Researcher
#37 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:25 PM Last edited by FridaKahlo : 31st May 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Well, that's stupid on EA's part . I still don't really believe it, because I won't believe it until the game is actually released to everyone, (and I still have hope, damn it ), but if this is indeed the case, and EA's coders actually called a Simbot a "Frankensim"...

Disappointing, to say the least.

I have to ask, though, can anyone give me any info on the "Make 3 Monsters" LTW? What are the specifics?
Scholar
#38 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:03 PM
All will be revealed beginning tomorrow.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:09 PM
You don't have to believe it on the basis of Claeric's blog, heh. You can look in the xml files yourself. Something I'm doing right now

And it's making me wonder about this "attend awards ceremony at city hall" interaction I'm seeing... I knew there were a lot of awards, but there's actually a ceremony?
Retired
retired moderator
#40 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:15 PM
There's a video of that ceremony on Youtube somewhere. People gather a bit like the protests, and a Sim awards you a trophy. Small, but cute. Went looking to link it here, but can't find it again. :/

Mad Poster
#41 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:17 PM
I wonder whats in these XML files. where would I begin to dig through these I wanna see what's what.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You don't have to believe it on the basis of Claeric's blog, heh. You can look in the xml files yourself. Something I'm doing right now

And it's making me wonder about this "attend awards ceremony at city hall" interaction I'm seeing... I knew there were a lot of awards, but there's actually a ceremony?

Shrikandi that sounds really cool!
Which files are you checking so i can also check them please ?

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Field Researcher
#43 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:20 PM
Well, I don't know the first thing about digging through xml files or anything like that, but, as Suzetter said, "All will be revealed beginning tomorrow."
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:22 PM
Hmm, well I guess there shouldn't be an issue providing the link. BlackCat put the gameplaydata file up here: http://www.box.net/shared/nmalzi8aek

You'd have to open it using a tool like S3PE. Instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding
Forum Resident
#45 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hmm, well I guess there shouldn't be an issue providing the link. BlackCat put the gameplaydata file up here: http://www.box.net/shared/nmalzi8aek

You'd have to open it using a tool like S3PE. Instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding

Thanks i already know how to operate S3PE but i couldnt find these files...

Check my tumblr:
Retired
retired moderator
#46 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:32 PM
It sounds a lot like the 'diseases' in the medical career are mainly the vomiting animation, from the gamedata. Stink.

Forum Resident
#47 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:37 PM
I think it was mentioned in the early days that the game was released but i just found a XML and an ITUN about Piano...
Seems that Pianos were supposed to be in the base game after all...
Too bad they left them out for an EP....

Check my tumblr:
Retired
retired moderator
#48 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:42 PM
Hopefully we'll see a piano soon. :/

This is sitting within an XML calculating the price for large cut gems:
"Skill level needed to cut a Sculptor's Egg"

Also, it looks like objects that your detonate on a community lot will respawn themselves (or try to).

Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#49 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:43 PM
The xml relating to the Simbot/Frankensim is under Frankenstein and OccultFrankenstein. But these are actions like smashing stuff into scrap and conversing with countertop appliances... which make sense for a robot but not for a zombie... so I am persuaded of the conclusion that Frankenstein was the original idea, but it changed, however the code retained that term, and one instance of it in the Prima Guide didn't get corrected after it was changed (though the other instances did).

Quote: Originally posted by Hraklis943
I think it was mentioned in the early days that the game was released but i just found a XML and an ITUN about Piano...
Seems that Pianos were supposed to be in the base game after all...
Too bad they left them out for an EP....

Yup, you'll find a lot of stuff like that

Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
This is sitting within an XML calculating the price for large cut gems:
"Skill level needed to cut a Sculptor's Egg"

Yeah, one of the early game getters said this is a new cut. Apparently it's available right away.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:52 PM
I found the strangest thing. Woohooing in the Eiffel tower :p
This is fun :D
Page 2 of 3