Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#176 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:22 AM
I have a fear of tests, specifically math ones...<;( no wonder I bomb almost every single one...

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:28 AM
I've been trying to get over my phobias. Quite honestly, just exposing myself over and over to things that used to scare me helped me get over my fears. There aren't many things that "scare" me anymore. I get a bit uneasy with heights and things that are much bigger than I am but it's really not that bad. It's kind of a "good" fear. The kind of scare you'd get on halloween or something. Yeah you're scared, but it's exhilarating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=co7BWWoF-5I
I bet most people aren't afraid of anything as much as she's afraid of spiders, but she manages to overcome her fear so much she can calmly hold a tarantula. It's kind of beautiful.

But there's one entirely irrational fear that just freaks me right the hell out in a bad way more than anything else- the fear that the building I'm in could fall on my or the ground could collapse under me- really. It's fucking terrifying.When I see skyscrapers I get really dizzy. That and really loud bass. Even though I know it's ridiculous, I'm always scared it'll shake the foundations and everything around me will collapse in a giant sinkhole. Holy shit. I've lived in this house for 13 years and the foundation has shifted a lot.... fffffff. That's the most prevalent fear I have- I remember bawling my eyes out when I was six and my parents tried to take me out on a dock.

Some day I really want to go Urban Spelunking- especially the illegal/unsafe places. I don't know why I'm so enchanted with something so physically dangerous and personally horrifying, but I imagine falling down a sinkhole full of rusty metal at the bottom of an abandoned subway will help me realize that my house shaking a bit isn't so scary.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:40 PM
Llamas D:

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Field Researcher
#179 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:16 PM
Clowns
Gas-Masks
Old Nurseries and Nursery toys
The Dark - (very new)
And of course, my little brother

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#180 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 9:12 PM
Claustrophobic
Test Subject
#181 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:51 PM
Well

I don't like spiders, anythign with 8 legs and 1000 eyes just isn't natural.

Heights, not particularly afraid of falling, the stop at the end is what worries me.

And I hate Elevators/Escalators.
Banned
#182 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iibeccax
Do any of you simmers have a phobia i have didaskaleinophobia

If any of you want to know what this is i have made a website explaining what this is (Since its not as well known as most other phobias)

> Didaskaleinophobia <

i hope some of you read it since i spent ages making it

I would say that I do have fears; however, I would not call them phobias. Phobias would imply an extreme, irrational fear of something, and yes, emotion is irrational. But phobias are different from regular fears, because they are extreme to the point that they interrupt normal functioning. For example, a normal person may have a mild aversion to spiders, because he has never experienced one before, and does not know if he is going to be harmed. Sometimes, a fear can be triggered by unawareness or inexperience with the subject/object. Once the normal person knows spiders and becomes acquainted with them, there should be no more fear anymore. A person with arachnophobia, on the other hand, would treat the fear of spiders with such extremity that the fear/phobia causes disruption to normal functioning. This is a serious psychological condition.

Just wanna point that out.

As for me, I used to be afraid of eating broccoli. For some reason, I always thought they looked like tiny trees, and I thought that trees would grow inside me once I ate one. Of course, my fears were resolved, when I found out that broccoli was actually very delicious and nutritious!
Forum Resident
#183 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
Though I wouldn't call them phobias, the following do freak me out:

(3) Costumed characters (specifically, mascots).

Yes! Thank you! Mascots have always freaked me out. It's not a phobia, since I can tolerate being near them without full-blown panic attacks, but they just make me really anxious. Something about knowing there's a person in there but I can't see them and they don't talk...
Test Subject
#184 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 4:28 PM
People in Costumes, especially masked ones (Yes, even Mickey Mouse!)
Heights
Small Spaces
Spiders
Test Subject
#185 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:07 AM
Besides regular ("reasonable") fears (like NollemD pointed out, fears and phobias are different things), I'm also a complete mess full of true phobias. I don't know the names of all of them.
I'm agoraphobic, which covers leaving my "safe space" at home, being around a bunch of people, sometimes just being outside.
I'm claustrophobic, which for me is both a phobia of small areas, and spaces, regardless of size, I fear I can't leave.
I'm a hypochondriac. With me "headache" = "Oh my gosh, I have a brain tumor!" or "stomach ache" = "Oh my gosh, I have pancreatic cancer/appendicitis/colon cancer!." I don't think that's a phobia, but my fear of being seriously ill/being in the hospital does toe the divide of fear and phobia.
The ones I don't know the names of:
Clowns and mimes (seriously, it's become some sort of cliche of being afraid of clowns, but they really make me panic).
Heights (my head spins, I get vertigo, I have visions of myself falling, it's just awful).

Yeah, I know I'm a nutjob. All in all, I'm just ridiculously paranoid.
Inventor
#186 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 7:04 AM
Fire and mice.
I once had a mouse run down the side of my head in the middle of the night! Needless to say, I put out poison EVERYWHERE! I still make sure we have poison put out, whether there is a mouse in the house or not.
Test Subject
#187 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 12:23 PM
Default Whats your phobia?
I am petrified of spiders, but I can catch a daddy long legs. isn't that silly? It stems back from when I saw a huge spider crawl out of the sofa when I was about 2 and I never seen one before. You can try imagining in your head the daddy long legs and all the feelings that brings and made the picuture smaller and smaller until it disappears then replace it with a picture of you touching the daddy long legs and being happy.

#188 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 10:44 AM
I'm afraid of heights!
Mad Poster
#189 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dialmformisfit
Clowns and mimes (seriously, it's become some sort of cliche of being afraid of clowns, but they really make me panic).
Heights (my head spins, I get vertigo, I have visions of myself falling, it's just awful).

Yeah, I know I'm a nutjob. All in all, I'm just ridiculously paranoid.

Coulrophobia, metamfiezomaiophobia, Acrophobia, in that order. I only have the last one, I absolutely love the other two.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
#190 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:26 AM
Phobia? I don't think my personal related problem to phobia is correctly called phobia..
but.. I have a thinking disorder when I use knife to slice foods, or needle.. or scissors...
I begin to think use those sharp thing carelessly, suddenly they're pointing to my eyes, then bleed my eyes badly.
I'm not afraid using knife, needle, scissors, razor or any sharp pointing things.
My mind always plays those damn scary imaginary thinking when I hold those stuff. Paranoid
Test Subject
#191 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:00 PM
I have both claustrophobia and agoraphobia....
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 1:19 AM
wow , hum I sympathie for all who have a phobia (be it big or small , rare or often) . I personally don't think I have one but my roomate and best friend have both agoraphobia and hypocondrie? . and it is really really hard , even with medication!
Personally I only have fears.....they are mind numbling but I can grow over them if they are like controled (the cause of the fear controled not me lol) .
-Fear of dogs (all , small , tiny , baby , big , extra large , any breed ) and that's because my lil brother had a doberman and it was nasty one !
-fear of all animals (even cow!) but most due because I have paranoia? . And I'm very obsessive .Witch make a bad mix lol
I do like animals , as long as they are far away from me lol I can touch and even walk dogs as long as they don't jump on me . Cose that freak me out big time .I can pet them and feed them....but I do so with shaking hands lol
I never touched/climbed on a horse because it is so BIG! and scary!!!!
But most time , when I see animals I just go quickly far away from them lol
The fear of dog is kinda of a pain because , where I live in the winter it is very cold . And you never see somoene walking a dog around here when it is -37 outside . But in the summer ? it become a nightmare , I love walking and has to walk to do everything . And like these dogs spawn in the summer ! every corner , every damn house you hear a dog barcking . Some left on the green grass........
So the usual nice walk or simple walk . Become a fast walk , don't breath , don't look at it (hopefully the dog is attached/but most aren't. And hopefully it won't come to ask for a flatterie) just keep walking......argh!
It just become a lot of stress...Phew .
Alchemist
#193 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 7:37 AM
i believe this cracked article sums it up...
(beware, fellow arachnophobes, it does contain awful awful pictures of the things..so for those of you who would understandably forgo the link for that, ive picked out some quotes from the article to share with you.)

"Nothing in the history of the entire world is more feared and hated than the spider. Nothing deserves it more, either."

"There are millions of different types of spiders, but there's one thing they all have in common: They are all weird and scary as hell."

"Just The Facts

Spiders are not technically insects, but actually skeletons made of congealed hate.

Men are slightly less terrified of spiders than women are, and are therefore easier prey.

Spiders have 8 legs. Every one can kill you. Simultaneously."

"Let this be a lesson to you: If you ever think there's nothing worse than a spider, there's always a spider covered in other spiders!"

"This one has killed English. We only speak screaming now."

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#194 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 9:32 PM
I believe that I might have Asthenophobia, or the fear of passing out or being weak. Whenever I'm about to give blood I get all nervous and scared, not because of the pain, but because I'm afraid of passing out afterwards. I also have a fear of blood or Hematophobia. Some other minor fears would include: heights, needles, public speaking, and failure.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 12:13 PM
spiders defenitive spiders urrrrrghhhhhhh

@ SuicidiaParasidia thy for the Link
uhhh shudder

I once had a 6 cm spider in my apartment even though a friend catched it and brought it out of the house I could not sleep for 2 days. arrrgg spiders.

*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:
We do not see things as they are.
We see them as we are.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 7:33 AM
Well, um... I have agoraphobia; which, despite the name, isn't exactly a phobia. (Well, it kinda is.. fajslkfd) It's an anxiety disorder, based around going outside.. Well, not just outside; typically any place a person doesn't feel safe in, or more specifically somewhere there isn't a place to go hide and be alone (like a clean, single-person restroom or something). Could also be somewhere without a clear exit, or somewhere that's much too crowded or bright or whatever your trigger is. It's also defined as the fear of having a panic attack or something in public (which has happened to me. Not cool.) Since I have other mental disorders they all kind of tie in together... Bluh yeah so I have that, and also kind of a phobia of the dark/things creeping in the dark. :B
Banned
#197 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 6:40 AM
I know this is strange, but I am afraid of being the only thing in my bed. No, I don't need to sleep with people constantly, but I need something besides me in my bed. A pet, a stuffed animal, a friggin' pillow, whatever. I can't sleep unless there's something beside me.

My feet are really, REALLY weird, and my little toes are bent completely sideways (IKNOWIT'SGROSSLEAVEMEALOOOOONE!) so when I walk barefoot, they almost always hit things or get caught on something, so I'm always so scared that my toenails are just going to rip off. I saw what happened to Don Vito's toe, I don't want that to happen to me!

And a list of little random things I am afraid of:
- Swallowing my own tongue
- Biting my tongue off
- Poking my eye into my head
- Popping a blood vessel
- Getting sunburned
- Death
- Hospitals
- Insane asylums
- Being sent to an insane asylum
- Big, overhead lights
- Clowns
- Rapists
- Bone popping out of my skin
Test Subject
#198 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 10:29 PM
dont know tech name for it but mine is horses. dont ask! clowns is another, freak me out. my missus has a fear of big fish, aquariums are her personel hell.lol
Field Researcher
#199 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:56 PM
Trypanophobia, Apiphobia, Acrophobia. I had to google those to see what they were actually called, so that's fear of needles, fear of bees and fear of heights are my big ones.
Alchemist
#200 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 11:01 AM
Yea, so I recently discovered that I'm scared by the sound of flutes. FLUTES!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!