Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 11:07 PM
Default Faux connectin walls between lots
I think that's correct .. lol.

So I started to post this in stupid questions and then realized I might get a better answer here .. so here I be.

I built my house on a 2x3 lot. The house was made 8 tiles wide so I could adjust it down and leave the 1 tiles on each side. I left the wall so that I could put 2 of the same buildings next together and create the allusion of them actually bein connected. However, since there is that one tile on each side where you can't build (givin 2 spaces between buildings), the open space sorta looks odd. I added dirt on the ground floor on the active lot (haven't switched to do side ones as of yet as can be seen in the pics) and that helps for bottom level, but what to do (or not) for the upper levels. So I was curious for others who've done this, do you leave it blank or do you put a tile there, such as the gray boards, or somethin else entirely? I really like the allusion of buildings bein connected, but that open space sorta bothers me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 1:22 AM
Have I got this right? You have found something to make it look connected, but you're bothered with the open area between these now 4 walls?

If that's the case, I would just forget about it. You can't kill all the culprits in this game. It wouldn't be like that in real life anyway, it's just the result of this being virtual reality.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 6:00 AM
We definitely need a TS2 builder for this, please @joandsarah77 ???

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 6:54 AM
You hollered?

CaliBrat it's normal to leave the ground either dirt, grass or some kind of outside tile that you are using elsewhere in that small area. That's just how connected row buildings are, Coral bay is full of them. Most times I use a tile same as the path or back patio on the ground, the upper one I normally just leave. Your preference.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 7:05 AM
Hmmm, I didn't think of the snow part of it.

I haven't started playin with them yet, still buildin on them 'n all, maybe once I do I won't see the openness.

Still open to hearin other thoughts on the subject :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:00 AM
.. yeah they have windows .. just have the walls all down. That IS one good thing about havin the spaces between individual lots compared to havin multiple/ apartment on 1 lot.

Possible for pipes .. will be somethin to look into .. thanks
dodgy builder
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:52 PM
Do they do that in RL? Close it completely and then leave a void there that no one can reach?
dodgy builder
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
In real life they share the same wall, but TS2 won't let you place walls on the very edge of the lot, so it's a compromise

Yes, that is what I thought