Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2008 at 10:09 PM
Default Sims2Pack Clean Installer Stuff not showing
This is probaly explained in another thread, but i couldnt find it.....
I am on vista and im not a adminastrator << (I wish i could spell) and i have Nightlife, OFB, Pets and Bon Voyage

Anyway I can get normal downloads (from RAR) to show up in my game,
although when i want to download a lot or any other Sims2Pack item, I double click and get the install button (from the file, not sims2pack), it says is has installed although when i go into Sims2pack the item does not show up, even if i browse for it?

So any Sims2pack Clean Installer item doesnt show up on sims2pack clean installer....

I hope that makes sense to someone? Its confusing me and i wrote it.....
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:33 PM
Are these lots or sims you are trying to install? Does the Clean Installer pop up when you click the Sims2Pack, or is it the Maxis installer? Is there anything in your Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Teleport folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:10 PM
I am trying to install lots and I always get the Maxis installer when I click it, and I don’t think anything appears in my teleport folder I hope this helps.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd May 2008 at 7:24 PM
You need to right click on a Sims2Pack and select 'open with' and check the box for 'always open with this program'. Choose Clean Installer and you should be away.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:02 PM
I have the same exact problem, vista and all, except that when I click on the sims2pack the Clean Installer shows up. I don't know why it doesn't show up on my game, please help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 5:50 PM
babygrl337, are you saying that installing a Sims2Pack with Vista doesn't work as the files don't show up in the game? I would think that the Clean Installer most likely doesn't work with Vista, as the Documents path is different.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215910
You'll most likely need to install Sims2Packs using the game Bodyshop Installer.