Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#476 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 12:11 PM
Hi everyone.

I recently downloaded a custom world. There was no problem when I installed it. However it contained EP stuff that I do not possess, including some bridges. So I decided to import it into CAW and rebuild everything but the roads. Thus, I deleted every layer, except the Global, which cannot be deleted and unfortunately consists of more than 5000 objects (deleting them means first moving them into another layer, which can only be done "one by one"). Problem is I couldn't save what had been left.

So, is there any way I can empty a world, but not as exporting the height-map, since I want to maintain the road structure?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#477 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:03 AM
yo,is there a way to resize premade map from 100 to 200
Forum Resident
#478 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sinep_anigav
yo,is there a way to resize premade map from 100 to 200

Not that I know of. I think you're stuck with it.

Quote: Originally posted by teddy4
Hi everyone.

I recently downloaded a custom world. There was no problem when I installed it. However it contained EP stuff that I do not possess, including some bridges. So I decided to import it into CAW and rebuild everything but the roads. Thus, I deleted every layer, except the Global, which cannot be deleted and unfortunately consists of more than 5000 objects (deleting them means first moving them into another layer, which can only be done "one by one"). Problem is I couldn't save what had been left.

So, is there any way I can empty a world, but not as exporting the height-map, since I want to maintain the road structure?

Yes, you can swap out that global layer for a clean one. There's a tutorial up in the tut section......................

Here it is Cleaning the Global Layer Instead of making my own, I use the files Simsample uploaded in post #9 here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...169#post3939169 So you just have to replace the global layer with Simsample's, then open up the .world in s3pe, and import the resource file.

Quote: Originally posted by Tiinii
Hi everyone,
for me, editing Sunlit Tides a couple of weeks ago worked just fine, but probably I don't have all the newest patches, so I guess that's not terribly helpful concerning the question above. - However, I do have another one, relating to the file size of edited premade worlds: I've noticed that after I hauled Sunlit Tides through S3PE (importing it into a new empty world etc.), the file size was increased by something like 20 MB. I thought it was probably due to objects on the general layer or whatever, and the increase would disappear anyway once I opened the world in CAW. BUT, even after deleting all lots and a vast number of trees and somesuchlike, my edited version is, in the end, LARGER than the original one. ...???...
Does anyone have a clue as to why and how to avoid this? Or do you experience the same thing, and it's normal and I just didn't notice it before? It's really annoying because I'm trying to reduce world file sizes so's I can play them on my little laptop as well ...

I have never noticed an increase in file size. I would like to think I would have noticed, but who knows. What could be increasing it by 20mb's? That's very odd.
Forum Resident
#479 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silver1337
Anyway, I want to make a default replacement for each of the EA worlds, which function exactly like the EA worlds -- but, my default replacement would have a few extra lots and roads to accommodate the EP community lots. That means I want all of the Sims, ghosts, house names, everything (even the description and thumbnail/.png), to be exactly the same as they should be. If possible, I want to just be able to swap out the original .world file with my edited one -- the same way you use ellacharmed's world fixes. In fact, I'm planning on incorporating as many of her fixes as possible into my edited version, mostly to warm myself up a little to the tools again (and to make myself feel accomplished, of course!).

After a lot of trial and error, I've managed to successfully create a default replacement for Bridgeport. It works, complete with all the original content (with one quirk, which I'll mention in a minute). I'll post my findings here in case they are of use to anyone. Most of the tutorials seem to be geared around creating an alternate version of the world. This one is specifically for an ellacharmed-style default replacement that retains all the premade Sims and their data, but also includes your own modifications. In fact, I used her fixed version of Bridgeport as a base for my modified version, which simply adds some empty lots (with addresses) and flattens part of the terrain to allow for them.

I've placed my tutorial inside spoiler tags due to length.

Now like I said, there is one quirk I have found. The newly replaced world will be missing a world description. I imagine there is another resource necessary to export for this to appear properly (WDSH?) but other than that the world should load and work fine, complete with premade Sims with proper names, descriptions, celebrity and occult status, etc. I'm gonna look into it and post back with any updates.

Also your lots might look messed up in low-detail view, which is just the standard CAW voodoo which is fixed by going into Buy/Build on the lots and then back to Edit Town again.
Scholar
#480 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
After a lot of trial and error, I've managed to successfully create a default replacement for Bridgeport. It works, complete with all the original content (with one quirk, which I'll mention in a minute). I'll post my findings here in case they are of use to anyone. Most of the tutorials seem to be geared around creating an alternate version of the world. This one is specifically for an ellacharmed-style default replacement that retains all the premade Sims and their data, but also includes your own modifications. In fact, I used her fixed version of Bridgeport as a base for my modified version, which simply adds some empty lots (with addresses) and flattens part of the terrain to allow for them.

Wow, this sounds great! And, like a lot of hard work went into it. Do you plan on uploading your default replacement(s)? Also, I might suggest that you include instructions in your tutorial on how to "back up" or safely store the original Bridgeport / world somewhere before starting to edit in case the player wants to go back to it.
Test Subject
#481 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 9:22 AM
Hi everyone!
I have a quick question that I have tried to look for an answer to, but reading 20 pages with tired eyes is proving difficult.
I have edited the France world and modified it to my liking. Exported it and have been playing it for the past couple months with no problems. I have now realised I didn't add enough roads or area to expand further beyond the city centre. Am I able to use S3PE to modify it again in CAW then export it again without it messing with my families, family trees etc?
Thank you so much in advance :-)
Scholar
#482 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:44 AM
As far as I know, the best you'll be able to do is save your families/houses to the bin, edit the world, and then replace the lots/families. I don't know what this does to relationships, but I suspect it removes them. Unfortunately, changes made to a world do not transfer to the saved games. Essentially you'll have to start over on the new map. I've never tried pre-populating a world so I can't say if that would work or not.
Lab Assistant
#483 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nymphetalona
Hi everyone!
I have a quick question that I have tried to look for an answer to, but reading 20 pages with tired eyes is proving difficult.
I have edited the France world and modified it to my liking. Exported it and have been playing it for the past couple months with no problems. I have now realised I didn't add enough roads or area to expand further beyond the city centre. Am I able to use S3PE to modify it again in CAW then export it again without it messing with my families, family trees etc?
Thank you so much in advance :-)

You could also use Twallan's Porter mod: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter

This way you can save and export all the sims and household into one single Porter household, and then unpack it once you have your new world set up. This is what I use when I update worlds.
Test Subject
#484 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:26 PM
Wow, I didn't expect such quick replies! Thank you both so much. I suspected it would be the case, SimmyRN. I kick myself for not creating a more expandable town in the first place.
That is a good idea baskerwil, thank you, I didn't know about that mod! Twallan is pure genius. I might give that a try.
Thanks again :D
Test Subject
#485 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:56 AM
is there a way to make a copy of a world like Riverview, but make it a stand alone and not replace the default world?
i have tried a few things, but with no luck.
Forum Resident
#486 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by onald
is there a way to make a copy of a world like Riverview, but make it a stand alone and not replace the default world?
i have tried a few things, but with no luck.

Absolutely. You can do it yourself by following a tutorial or you can get the already reverted caw files at Cawster.

Cawster:
https://cawster.wordpress.com/

Tutorials:
The first 3 posts of this thread
Video Tutorial: Import full neighborhoods into Create a World with objects, lots etc. by Magicmavis (SimTuts)
Getting a Downloaded World into CAW by SimAd @ tscc
How to: Decrapify a .world file so it will open in s3pe Post #6 by auntielynds @ MTS
Recovering caw files for an exported world
Test Subject
#487 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 4:43 AM Last edited by onald : 8th Feb 2015 at 6:02 AM.
I did do this tutorial many times, but it always replaces the default world, that its a copy of.
Forum Resident
#488 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by onald
I did do this tutorial many times, but it always replaces the default world, that its a copy of.

You need to delete the WPID file.

The WPID file is what the game, and the Exchange use to identify the world, kind of like a product number. Change the file, and the game views it as a different world.

Open up S3pe, click on "File" on the bar at the top, click on "Open", and find your .world file.

They should be in;
Documents,
Electronic Arts,
Sims 3 Create a World
UserToolData
Worlds

It should look like this, I'm opening up my WhovilleBeta;
Make sure you click the "All Files" option, or your .world file won't show up.

Once you open it up, this is what it will look like. Make sure on the lower menu in the center there, you check the "display" "names" and "tags". Click on the "Tag" bar at the top a couple times and you should see the "WPID" File

Now just click on the WPID, right click, "Deleted". Then click on "file" on the top bar again, and "Save".

A brand new WPID file will be generated, thus the game, and the Exchange will recognize it as a different world.
Test Subject
#489 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:44 AM
sweet, thank you very much, been wanting to know how to do that for over a year now.
Test Subject
#490 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:44 AM
I need help with something, I followed the first method of how to edit the world and everything works fine, I can save it in CAW and everything. Yet when I try to do the edit in game option eig crashes. I don't know what's causing the crashes so I was wondering if anyone here did, please and thank you.
Forum Resident
#491 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:17 PM
does just this world crash, or do other, similar size worlds crash as well?
Test Subject
#492 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:08 AM
It crashes with other worlds as well.
Forum Resident
#493 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:55 PM
It sounds like it could be a memory issue. Both the sims 3 and caw will use up to 4 gigs of ram, no more. Even if you have 8 or more gigs available on your system. When you go into EIG you start loading everything you have installed in the game on top of caw. If you have too much stuff installed in the game, your ram cup runneth over, so to speak, and you crash. Check your DCCache folder to see how much stuff you have installed in the game. The game also loads whatever .packages you have in the Mods folder so if you have a ton of stuff in there you don't necessarily need for the world you could pull it before opening eig. The easiest way to test this to see if installed content is the issue is to pull the DCCache, and Mods folder, (you can put them back after the test) make a copy of your world files, and open the copy up in Caw, then EIG.

Here's a few more reads on the DCCache folder.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=498272
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=501049

Rflong7 found a workaround for saving in EIG with a large DCCache folder here:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-store-limit/p1
Test Subject
#494 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 6:39 AM
Thanks for that, I wouldn't have figured that out on my own.
Field Researcher
#495 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 4:48 PM
I want to try to edit Sunset Valley so that rental properties work the way they do in the University world - ie, instead of purchasing a property you can rent it. I do believe it is in the coding for Uni but I have no idea where to find it and wondered if it was somewhere in the UNKN 0x296A6258 file, which is what identifies a world as a city, suburb, college, etc. Anyone have any ideas?
Test Subject
#496 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 7:25 AM
Im trying to create a world with sunset valley 2 now i have done everything far as finishing my world im am having so much trouble trying to export it eveytime i try this its keeps saying failed to export.
Can anyone help me with this im at my wits end. Thanks
Test Subject
#497 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:10 AM
Hello, I know this was posted years ago and there's probably almost no chance of me getting a reply, but i'm at a complete loss. I keep getting the 'unable to load' error message when trying to open a previously saved world (I edited Sunset Valley). I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, so when I stumbled upon this post I was delighted...but the links don't work for me, it keeps saying 'no cookies found'. I don't know if the links have expired because they were posted a few years ago or if it's something on my end. Anyway, I really hope someone can help me...i've run out of ideas

EDIT: I've just seen other posts from this year...oops
Forum Resident
#498 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:26 AM
it may not have saved properly, you'll need to open up the previous backup. hopefully you save often and won't loose too much of your work.
Instructor
#499 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 7:41 AM Last edited by Le Carrera : 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:04 AM.
Well, the second method works for me, but when attempting the first world, the world will open once, but then it spits out an error when attempting to open it again (even if no changes were saved to it). Weird.
Space Pony
#500 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Well, the second method works for me, but when attempting the first world, the world will open once, but then it spits out an error when attempting to open it again (even if no changes were saved to it). Weird.

Not sure if you'll read this. But I just had the same issue. What worked for me was to recreate the description of the world to the exact same name as my exported name. Not sure why it worked but it did.
Page 20 of 23