Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 4:19 PM
Ahhh! Too much information! I can't read... But it looks like there are really going to be lots of secrets explained. I wonder if townies will be able to breed? :tooth: And make town bigger!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#102 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 9:41 PM
DMS2C's Sims 3 Preview
Here is DMS2C's Sims 3 preview in full with some new info but mot much. But it's still a fun read.

Quote:
Sims 3 preview
November 4th, 2008 by mogway Nederlandse preview

There was a sneak preview yesterday, and dms2c.com was invited.
We saw a lot and had a chance to ask questions.
Do notice that we saw a demo version of the game, so things can still change before the game hits the stores on February 20th
Sims 3 producer Benjamin Bell told us new things and showed us the demo.

Neighborhood and gameplay

The game begins in a neighborhood called Sunset Valley, this neighborhood is is designed to be the past of Pleasant ville and even the neighborhood we had in the Sims 1.
You’ll encounter a young Mortimer Goth and his parents, there will be other famous sims, but Ben didn’t tell us about them.
When the neighborhood is loaded you’ll see lot’s of different icons.
You can see the work locations, public locations en the house you sims live in.
When you go to your sim you won’t see any loading screens.
The demo started with a sim working out in the gym, right after that Ben showed the park and not a loading screen was seen!

When you give your sims social actions you’ll see a picture of the other sim in the left corner, that picture will tell you what kind of relationship there is between the 2 sims, what the other sim thinks of your actions, you can also see the traits and the job the other sim has.
A sims character is formed by their traits, i’ll tell you more about traits in the CAS section.
Every trait has it’s own social action, when your sims has an inappropriate trait your sim can nag about other sims or make fun of them, and you can see what the other sim thinks of that.

Every sim you know will be in the town, or you can visit them at their home.
There are also townies and NPC’s who don’t live in the town.
Everyone in that town will evolve, this also counts for your other made sims!
You can play with more then 1 family in the game, but when you don’t play with them, the game takes control of them and there is nothing you can do about it.
It’s still not clear if this will be solved before the games will be in stores, but you can make multiple copies of Sunset Valley.

There are still needs in the game, but you don’t have to focus on them as much as in sims 2. The game is more focused on the way they live their lives instead of having to eat and going to sleep.
Sims are smarter so you don’t need to tell them to eat or anything they can take care of themselves for that part.
Wants and fears are still in the game but in a different way.

Depending on the chosen traits you’ll sim have moodlets as well as wants and fears, you can decide if you want to grant a wish, you can simply punt them in a screen below and for fill them

Moodlets give a temporary boost to your sims mood, this can be positive or negative, everything you do will change the mood meter.
If you have a sim that likes to be out doors, their mood will be better if their in the park then when they’re at home.
Some moodlets work for a couple of hours you can see below the moodlet how long it will last.

The lifetime points are back again and you can trade them in for more traits and great new options like don’t pay when you have dinner at a restaurant or you can give your sim a midlife crisis.

Your sims can move around the town in 4 different ways, they’ll walk when their destination is within walking distance or they’ll take a cab, take their bicycle or car. (I asked Ben if Bicycle’s could get stolen and he said no, same thing counted for the cars)
There are different community lots like cemeteries, a swimming pool, beach, restaurant, cafes and shops.
There is also a hospital where sims women can give birth, it also counts as a working place for the medical career.
Kids and teenagers can make their homework on computers or they can study at the library.
Ceilings are also in the game and their made automatically.
Unfortunately there is no weather in Sunset Valley, the sun will always shine.
And your sims already have an inventory!
There is also something new in it: opportunities, every day your sim will get a new opportunity for social, skills and career, what these opportunities exactly are is also a secret for us.
If you have messy sims you don’t have to let them clean up, you can simply click on a plate and put it into the dishwasher and take the trash to the trashcan.

The game will only have Sunset Valley, but there will be new neighborhoods for you to download when the game is in stores.
We don’t know if you can make your own neighborhoods, that was unknown, but you can almost redesign the whole neighborhood except the roads.

Careers
There are a lot of different careers in the game, you can get them in 3 ways.
You can simply click on a building in the neighborhood view, or you can do it they old way with the news paper or computer.
You see your sim going to work, but not actually seeing them at work.
You can decide how hard you sim will work and there are also some tasks you need to do to get promoted.
For example, if your sim has a career in politics he or she will need to raise funds for a campaign, or when your sim has a job in science they’ll need to catch a special fish to experiment on.
There are several new options and perks to get from work.
When you’ve reached the top level of your career you’ll get something as well, Ben showed us the perk you get when you reached the top of the science career, it’s a machine that allows your sim to experiment on objects, these experiments can go good or bad.

Different ages
Of course there are still different ages in the game, but the main age is now the young adult age.
Sims will grow up by a cake.
A thing that has changed is that when you don’t take good care of your kids they will ged bad traits, if you raise them good you’ll get to chose the traits yourself.
Sims can also die in different way, but that was kept secret to us.
Freaks are back in the game as well, but again no information about it.

Buy and build mode
You can now rotate objects 360 degrees without using any cheats!
Objects can have any color you want them to be!
You can recolor objects with a new tool: Create a Style.
With this tool you can give a new texture or color, windows, doors, walls even cars and objects.
In the movie below you can see how easy it is to recolor something.

The buy menu has 2 different looks, you can either pick on room or on function (sims 2 style)
You can also place objects on different places of a table, so no longer left, middle or right.
The building menu wasn’t complete yet.
But we did see a cool new feature.
If you want to make your room smaller or larger there is a new tool that will move the current wall, with all the objects like paintings and lamps still on it!

Create-a-Sim
Bodyshop is given a great nu upgrade!
From now on you can really change everything about your sim.

The 1st screen will show you the name, gender, sex and body type of your sim.
In sims 2 you could select from 3 body types, but now the combinations are endless, you can make them as thick or as thin as you like, with more or less muscles.
And that’s only the body type, you can fine tune everything on a sims body.

There are some pre-selected forms you can chose from but after that you can still adjust it.
You can also get any colored eyes you want just select an eye color and with a bar you can make the eyes darker or lighter.

You no longer need to download clothes just because you like that color, if you want a red shirt you can make a red shirt with that outfit!
You can also change the texture of that clothing style.
You can give everything a new color, shirts, dresses, and even shoes.
You just simply click on the thing you want to change and with the create a style tool you can change it.

Personality:
There are over more then 70 different traits in the game, which decide the personality your sim gets.
You can combine a lot of crazy things, you can either chose for 1 trait or for 5.
Once you’ve selected the traits you’ll be given an option to chose from 5 lifetime wants.
There are 30 lifetime wants in the game, and you get to chose it as well.

You also decide what kind of hobby they have, and their favorite food and color.
If your sim eats their favorite food their mood will approve.
There are no zodiac signs, but through the traits you can give them any personality you want.
There is also an option to change your sim’s voice.

Sims3.com en launcher

The sims3.com will also get an update, everything you make in the game, you can upload to the sims3.com.
You will also be able to make movies through the website, it looks like the mash-up system from sims on stage, but then with your own movies.
The launcher also has new features.

You can see all your downloads, and you can delete your downloads with the launcher.
You can also upload your creations with the launcher.
Of course you don’t need the internet to play the game.
Everything you make will be saved as a .package file, you can upload them to the sims3.com but you can also place them on your website.

Conclusion Mogway
Sims 3 is really better if you compare it to sims 2. No more loading screens and the endless options to make sims or recolor objects is really amazing.
The game already looks great even though we saw a demo version of it.
It will be different for players who are used to really managing their sims to for fill their needs, but the other options make the game so much more fun.
You’ll play the game more instead of being busy getting your sim’s needs up.

Conclusion DeKDeS
DeKDeS’s sims creator point of view.
They said you can change everything
Well they did not lie about that fact.
The new Create a Style feature is simply wonderful, you can mix textures and colors almost endlessly.
You simply select a texture, and then you choose a color with a smart color selecting circle, or for the more accurate color approach,
you can fill in the RGB values or the HEX value of a color.
So imagine you have seen some pictures of real clothing somewhere on the internet, and you want to have an almost exact same color,
Then you could simple use a program such as photoshop to select the color with the color sampling tool, and just use that HEX color value inside the sims 3 game.
The Create Style interface can be used on almost everything in the game, and the style combination you make with it can be saved as a personal style and used all over again on other object.
The create a sim will take the breath away for those who enjoy making sim characters.
I had heard about it that you could adjust a lot more then in the sims 2.
Well… lets say this create a sim will make you go ” Oh my God! ”
You can adjust everything in the smallest detail, more sliders then in the sims 2 create a sim.
it will simply blow your mind away!
Ben Bell made a sim character of Obama that looked like Obama himself stepped into the game.
Also the building feature has a great new option, you can drag walls to scale them back and forth, you can place little details such as plants on different location on an object such as an table.
Oh and a ceiling is build automatically.
There is just too much that blown my mind away to describe the power of creative freedom in this new sims game.
I just wanted to say, that people who only create might think: Does this mean we cannot create custom content?
Well, not like we have done this before, the objects in game can be painted in a lot of styles.
But you can make a lot of styles and share those.
Also there will be a tool released to create your own textures to use with the create a style interface.
well final conclusion?
Sims 3 will be awesome, even for creators!

We would like to thank Benjamin Bell and EA for this great day and opportunity.

Source: http://www.dms2c.net/info/?p=242
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#103 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 9:53 PM
2 Spanish Previews + More New Pics + New Video
I know that not all of you speak Spanish to be able to read the first two links, but I do speak and understand it so if I see something new that's not mentioned, I will translate it for you. At least there are more pics and a new video down below.

*SimSolución (Spanish): http://foro.simsolucion.es/index.php?topic_id=5384

*Capital Sims (Spanish): http://sims.capitalsim.net/articulo...22Los_Sims_3%22

*Simparool (photos): http://picasaweb.google.nl/hello2125/Sims3Event#

*Simparool (video): http://vimeo.com/2153050
#104 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 9:56 PM
Wow, it sounds great. Every time I read one of these I start wishing it were closer to the release date.
Field Researcher
#105 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 10:13 PM
OMG I can't believe how nice the clothes and hair look!!!! I'm soooo ready for the sims 3!
Field Researcher
#106 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 10:13 PM
Quote:
There are also townies and NPC’s who don’t live in the town.

This is news to me!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#107 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 10:30 PM
Some New Info Translated From The Spanish Previews + 2 New Videos
From the Spanish previews, the only "new" info I found (if it's considered new, that is) was this:

-Three will be around 97 lots in the whole town.
-There are still no baby strollers and Sims must carry babies around town (very disappointing for me).
-There are about 90 citizens in the whole town and not 80 like it was mentioned before.
-System requirements may be similar to that of Spore.
-There will be no Body Shop or anything before the game's release like Spore did.

And 2 new videos from the Spanish preview:

http://www.simsolucion.com/videos/DSCN0632
http://www.simsolucion.com/videos/DSCN0633
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#108 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 10:49 PM
Yet More New Info From Previous Pictures
New info from the previous pictures that I was able to read from:

-Sims can take classes at various town locations to learn skills more quickly, for a fee.
-Sims can talk about another Sim's IQ.
-Sims can complain about health services.
-Sims can make fun of people as a social interaction.
-Sims can complain about specific Sims.
-Sims have specific relationships such as ex.
-Professional slacker reward means you can slack off at work without the boss caring about it.
-There are only six needs rather than eight and before that there were going to be only four.
-Sims currently get paid hourly at work rather than daily and it tells you how long you have left before work starts.
-Sims can have different eyebrow colors at CAS or you can match them with the current hair color.
-You can add/remove freckles and beauty marks.

Source: http://picasaweb.google.nl/hello212...927540624173794
Mad Poster
#109 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
-There will be no Body Shop or anything before the game's release like Spore did.

Bummer! I was looking forward to it. Maybe they made the package files so similar to those of Sims2 that they fell they cannot trust us beforehand.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#110 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 11:02 PM
Haha, well, it still would've been nice to have so that we can get a head start of being familiar with the new CAS. If it took me a few hours just to create a Sim in Sims 3, imagine now in Sims 3!
Field Researcher
#111 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 2:56 PM
Thanks Frankie for posting all this stuff!
And way to go! This is so cool! I really wonder about that opportunities thing. I like everything they said and I like that they don't tell us lots of things! I can't wait, I know it will be much much much more better than TS2! And that opportunity to change whatever you want! It's really bad thing that you can't make an object or clothes in a colour you want to see.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 4:21 PM
Did you see the fish jump in the water in the video @ 4:55 So cool :D
Test Subject
#113 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 6:58 PM
Thanks Frankie for all that info, it's always exciting to read it!!! :-)
Anyway, do you think if you make a fat sim he/she will stay fat for ever? Or can we make him/her slim by exercising?
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 7:50 PM
Exercising now increases muscle or decreases fat (depending on which exercise you do, remember 'fat' and 'muscle' are two seperate attributes) as well as building the body skill.
Test Subject
#115 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 8:25 PM
thanks, but if I asked about muscles, I would ask about muscles, not fat... ;-)
And yeah, I know how it works in Sims 2, but I wasn't sure how it will be in Sims 3.
Anyway, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 8:43 PM
Wow. a video of the actual gameplay. Pretty interesting and excited for the sims 3 now. There will be a learning curve for me. Hopefully not too hard to get use to.

Thanks again for the videos!

.:LSY:.
Scholar
#117 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 12:38 AM
New Trailer!!!
*sing song sponge-bob like voice* ~~NNEEWW TTRRAAIILLEERR~~
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42441.html
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#118 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 12:51 AM
15 New Videos!
Sims De Toi - 8 Videos From The Sims 3 Producer Tour Event:

http://www.simprograms.com/sims-de-...ucer-day-event/

SimParool - 3 New Videos From The Sims 3 Producer Tour Event:

http://www.simprograms.com/simparoo...cer-tour-event/

EdenStyle - 4 Videos From The Sims 3 Producer Press Tour:

http://www.simprograms.com/edenstyl...ss-tour-videos/
Scholar
#119 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 12:58 AM
the Edenstyle CAS video confused me....why are there recolros fo the same clothes peices if we can choose any color we want for the clothes anyway? :s
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#120 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 1:07 AM
SimsPlanet2: The Sims 3 Sneak Preview
Another TS3 preview in Dutch, but Yanti68 from BBS posted an English translation. Some new info which I highlighted in bold.

Quote:
The day had arrived finally when we could take a sneak preview of the Sims 3. We went inside the hall where Ben Bell, the producer was waiting for us to show the game.

The neighbourhood

Ben Bell showed us the new neighbourhood which is called “Sunset Valley” . This is the English name of the neighbourhood. The dutch name of the neighbourhood is not known to us.

When the game starts you get a view of the neighbourhood and you can choose any house to play with.

Once you are in the household you can set some filters like work places, friends’ places, home and community lots.

If you want to trace a member of your household and want to know where he or she is, you can do that very easily by zooming in to that particular place. You do not have to wait for the lot to load. So you can for example very easily switch from a sim who is working out in the gym to another sim who is hanging out in the park. Both the sims are part of the same household. In the neighbourhood you will find community lots like parks, gymns, libraries, museums, shops and a beach.

When we were inside Ben’s sims family household we got to know about sims’ character traits and lifetime wishes. There are 300 lifetimewishes and approximately 100 character traits to choose from. A romantic sim for example have character traits like flirty, dare devilish, excitable, hot-headed or charismatic.

Your sims have also moodlets. You have to try to keep them happy and content. You can keep them happy by fulfilling their lifetime wishes. For example, if your sims is the outdoor type then he will be happy hanging out in the park. Your sims also can earn lifetime rewards by fulfilling their lifetime wishes. The rewards are really nice. For example the player can choose steel bladder or artificial insemination as lifetime reward. If you choose the artificial insemination then your sims will most probably give birth to twins!

The career options also vary here and there from Sims 2. If your sims has a political career then he can sweet talk the boss in order to get promotions. You can also throw fund raising parties for your sims.

The buy and build mode

Just like the Sims 2, the buy and build mode is categorized and sorted according to rooms and according to type of objects. There is a new tool in the build mode which allows the player to shift a wall to another place without having to delete the wall first. You can just move the wall to any place you like.

You can now turn 360 degrees and place all objects in a slanting manner. You can also put multiple objects on a table or on top of the cupboard/ wardrobe/ cabinets.

Now you can not only custom content all the objects in your sims’ house but you can also custom content floors and walls in your sims’ house according to your personal taste. You can choose the material and adjust the colour to your liking. You can even choose the same style to decorate your whole house. The possibilities are endless. You can not however create a whole new object but you can always change the colour, pattern and the material of an existing object.

Create-a-Sim

There are lots of changes in CAS system for Sims 3. Except for the height of the sims you can pretty much alter everything on your sims with the help of the slider. So for example you can give your sims thin or thick hair or no muscles to a superbly muscular body or a pale white skin to a very tanned brown skin. All these choices in the CAS are new for the sims game. You can also chooses different hair styles and different colour of hair for your sims. You can also change the shade of their hair. The eyes, the nose and the mouth can all be changed with the help of the slider.

There is also the option to choose freckles and birthmarks for your sims. You can also custom content the clothes of your sims. You can also choose the colour of make-up. The CAS possibilities in Sims 3 are so wide and varied that it is perfectly possible to create a person that you know, who has the same appearance and character as your acquaintance or friend. In the end you get to choose character traits and lifetime wish for your sim. After that you are ready to play with your sim!

The website

At the end of the preview Ben let us see the new official Sims 3 website. Every player can now create their own homepage where they can upload their Sims 3 creations for all the other simmers to download. So you can share your creations with other simmers. You can also very easily upload movies in your homepage for other simmers to enjoy. This is possible because of the special tools available in the website.

Other things about the game:

- To begin with there is only 1 neighbourhood in the base game. However in the future you can download other neighbourhoods from the official website.

- The sun will always shine in the Sunshine Valley. So that means there is no weather in the base game.

- There are no vacation destinations, no pets and no seasons in the base game. You cannot also run your own shop.

- You can use the hand only to clean up after your sims. For example you can use the hand to throw the dirty laundry in the washing machine or you can put back scattered toys in a box.

- While you are busy with your own sims the neighbourhood doesn’t stay still. Every sims around you ages. Their lives evolves along with your sim.

- You can follow your sims to school but you cannot go inside.

- There are also NPCs in the game. More NPCs will be added with the expansion packs.

- At the moment there are no cheats for Sims 3.The cheats will be available when the game is released or maybe they will be added with the expansion packs.

- They have not announced the system requirements as yet but I believe you can play sims 3 even with a very cheap Dell computer.

So these are the notable features of the Sims 3. I think the Sims 3 will keep the players pleasantly occupied for hours. Thank you EA for inviting us for the Sims 3 sneakpreview!

Source: http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#121 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 1:12 AM
You're welcome, guys! Okay, from the previous article posted up above:

-Looks like heights are confirmed to not be in the game. Darn!
-And what's this about cleaning dirty laundry? Are we getting laundry in the game?
-And 300 lifetime wishes and 100 traits? Since when? That's a drastic change!
-And what's with the romance and fortune symbols under the Sim's portrait? Are we getting aspirations back in the game?
Scholar
#122 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 3:09 AM
- artificial insemination: ....wwooww....
-washing machines: im a realist/optimest..so i think this will be just like the statement about car crashes..its used as an EXAMPLE but really isnt in game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#123 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 4:40 AM
New Info From The Previous 15 Videos:
-Uni brows will be in the game, though I think it was seen before these videos. There will also be tons of eyebrows to choose from and not just three.
-Not only can you click on a table to move it along with all the chairs attached, but you can now put a chair under the table and not wait until LIVE MODE just for the chair to automatically be placed under the table.
-Sims don't have to have all 5 traits, they can even have 0. But how would that be with 0? What would they act like?
-The Sims' eyes move around realistically which can seem a bit creepy to some people. They blink more realistically, too.
-Sims that possess the "dislikes children" trait can still have kids and will take care of their basic needs but they won't want to spend time with them or talk to them, etc.
-Clumsy Sims are dangerous in that when they try to fix things like a broken computer they can get electrocuted or when cooking they can set a fire.
-Obama, Biden, McCain and Palin are currently included in the game in the Select-A-Sim bin.
-Oooh! Did I see a garage door? I could have sworn I did! Yay! At first there weren't going to be any and I thought that was very stupid that you can make garages but not have doors.
-You can replace other Sims/townies with anyone you want, so this will solve the issue for those who don't want a town full of ugly Sims.
-Fire truck no longer comes automatically when there's a fire, so you have to call them yourself or extinguish the fire on your own.
-You can hover over a section of the Sim such as face or clothing, etc., and it will highlight so that you can click on it and it eill take you to that section to edit as a shortcut.
-They will still complain and whine like in Sims 2. I hope the animation can be canceled immediately so that you can move on and not have to wait until they are finished with the animation.
-The actual Sims still animate the same exact way as in Sims 2... literally. I thought that maybe this would change. I mean, it doesn't bother me, I just thought it would be different.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:54 AM
Quote:
You can use the hand only to clean up after your sims. For example you can use the hand to throw the dirty laundry in the washing machine or you can put back scattered toys in a box.

That'd be cool to at least have a washer and dryer even if they aren't usable. I mean, how would a sim's clothes get dirty? What would they wear when their clothes are in the washer? lol
Sockpuppet
#125 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 7:40 AM
The Sims 3 Producer Walkthrough video
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/h...languageCode=en
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: thanks, frankie!
Page 5 of 94