Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 4:38 AM Last edited by Charity : 5th Feb 2014 at 3:40 AM.
Default Looking for tutorials
There are a few things that I want to do, but can't find tutorials regarding them.

1. Is there a way to make an object spawn randomly on a lot if certain conditions are met?

2. How do you make something decrease a motive? I get all the 'how to make it increase a motive', but what do you have to put in the operands to make it decrease instead of increasing?

3. I have a default replacement object that I want to remove the default replacedness from. Is there a tutorial for doing that?

4. And finally, if I want to change something that isn't an object, say an interaction, how do I access that in SimPe?

If anyone knows of any tutorials for one/all of these then I'd be grateful.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 10:45 AM
1. Yes. Have an invisible "out of world" object which has in its main function a loop which waits several sim minutes, checks for the condition, then if it is met calls Create New Object Instance with the GUID of the thing you want to spawn.

2. The easiest way is just to pass through a negative value for the change. Skim down to "Managing Motives" here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=222531

3. Yes, and no. It depends on the whether it's just replacing because there's a GUID conflict, whether it's an internal code reference, or whether it's part of a multi-object system. For most objects, it's just a matter of changing the GUID. If it's self referencing though, you need this one: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=127742. If it's part of a multi-object system (like the instruments) then it's similar to the self-referencing process but at a much larger scale.

4. It'll still be an object, just not a visible one. In SimPE's object workshop, switch to list view (click the "catalog" button in the top right) and scroll down to the items beginning with "Social - ". You should find most social interactions there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 12:54 PM
Thanks heaps.

I have actually read that motive tutorial, but my problem is that I can't figure out how to enter a negative value. The operands box won't let you put a minus sign in it.

As for 1, is there a tutorial that would explain how to do that? It's beyond my current BHAV skills without a little hand holding lol.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 3:40 AM
Figured out the motive thing. Gave up on the spawnable object.

Thanks again.