Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:31 PM
Default How do I add jennisims' hair textures (jpg/png) to a mesh?
Please bear with me, I just started creating yesterday so I might ask some stupid questions.

So. I exported a hair mesh with The Sims 4 Studio, made some changes in Blender, saved, imported mesh and realized I was then stuck with a 1 color hair. I figured that I might as well download some custom textures and add them instead of the EA ones (not that I know how to do the latter either, but). I downloaded these textures from jennisims, but when I opened the folders they were full of jpg and png files. I know how to import and export textures with S4S, I have photoshop and the needed plug-ins. I'm looking for a tutorial on how you add a downloaded hair texture to an exported EA hair texture. I'm also wondering what the different files, the jpgs and the pngs, are for. Which are the textures and which are the colors? The png files are tiny, I'm starting to think that's a hint...

Any help is appreciated.

Psst: In case it shows, English is my second language.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:40 PM
The textures you are linking to aren't ready-made hair textures, they are only material you can work with if you want to make one. For tutorials on how to make hair, have you looked in the tutorials forum and sticky?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The textures you are linking to aren't ready-made hair textures, they are only material you can work with if you want to make one. For tutorials on how to make hair, have you looked in the tutorials forum and sticky?

Yes, but all the TS4 tutorials I found were for recolor, not retexture. I eventually started looking at TS3 tutorials and found this:
How To Retexture Hair For The Sims 3
and it worked

My retexture / mesh-edit:
http://dani-paradise.tumblr.com/pos...ng-its-on-lucas