Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 10:01 PM
Default No joints, cloning an armoire?
Sorry, but it seems that I am not allowed posting in the Objects Creation forum...
I need to clone a one tile armoire to make my own..but none of the ones I cloned have joints, what is this?
No joints showing in SimPE when you preview meshes, no joints in Milkshape either in the joint tab.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 11:44 PM
There are a fair few objects that don't have joints in each OBJD, but rather they have separate OBJDs for the base and doors. All the joint stuff then takes place in the CRES.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 11:47 PM
I have 3 OBJD's indeed, one for the armoire, and each doors has one but then...no assigning joints in Milkshape?
And what if..my own armoire has only one door? Would I just get rid of the left or right one that would not be used?

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 1:17 AM
If you want the animations to work correctly, you will want to have the meshes the same as the original clone.

Yep, some dressers, armoires, and fences use different objd so no joint assigning is needed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 1:07 PM
But i don't wannna make my armoire looks like the original one whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!
No points then....
I made it anyways, not animated. Door won't open. My mesh was way too different from the original, and I could not find any original to fit correctly. (hinges speaking)
I would have ended up completely remaking my own armoire, and then..it would not have looked like my source image..(me is making a little set as a request )

If i can get the hang of the CRES adventure, then I'll see if i can animate it properly. I do not mind if sims open it with both their hands as if there was 2 doors, mine would still be rotating properly.
One day.
I saw a tutorial about making an armoire, unfortunately it is a downloadable tut, and I cannot read it. wrong format.