Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:44 PM
Default Super hero project
I loved Synaptic Sim's old superhero project from TS2. Inspired by his designs, I've begun work on one of my own.

I started with Green Lantern, because he has a simple design, and a fun idea to try...

The whole costume, including mask and eyes, is a single piece under "Bottoms". The clothes take layering priority over eye color and eyebrow, apparently. So by adjusting the alpha layer, I can hide the eyes and eyebrows, without actually replacing them. So if you set this as "Athletic", but put normal clothes as "Everyday", his eyes and eyebrows would appear normally in Everyday. It's not an actual eyecolor replacement.

I hope that information might help some other new Modders out there to come up with some wacky ideas.

ANYWAY. I know there's not much to see other than the thumbnail, but thoughts? I'm intentionally avoiding a "hyper realistic" texture. Those looked good in Sims 3, but I feel a very detailed, realistic texture would clash with the Sims 4's aesthetic.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:08 PM
Do you have a comparison picture? I'm not familiar with Synaptic Sims's TS2 superhero project. I only have seen the Green Lantern movie, which I've loved. I like the idea and what you've made so far.

I like the green part of the top, it seems to glow. The texture of the black part is what I don't like that much. You could make the whole shirt in green with only those black details added. I think we'll see how textures will look in the TS4 game. Can't wait to see ingame pictures.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:16 PM
Synaptic made, essentially, a "universal" superhero costume (It was primarily a mesh weave, like the black areas above, with lots of lines and detailing). Basically, he would take that and modify it to be new heroes, maintaining an almost "uniform" look. (Primarily he used the X-Men, since they're one of the few super teams that have ever actually HAD a uniform).

And thanks for the feedback! I've been working on it, but it seems to be mutating quite heavily. It's become less "superhero" and more "sci fi armor". Which I'm okay with.

EDIT: Here's his profile on this site (he was a featured creator back in the day): http://modthesims.info/m/74286
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:43 AM
Hi Maclimes! Do you have the meshs of your creations?! I just loved it, but when I tried to install the content crashed
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:01 PM
Please look at the post dates. This was posted before the game was even released, so it's quite obvoiusly for the CAS Demo and not for the actual game. Check MaclimesZero's profile, they may have been uploaded for the game later on.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: waaay outdated