Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FriendlyQuark
Did it work for you?

I got the same error and that fix does not work. It's the only crash error in my error logs. Nothing else is causing this.
"not designed to run on windows or contains an error"
Windows 7 x64
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:53 AM Last edited by Okalanit : 6th Dec 2014 at 4:40 AM. Reason: Updating
Quote: Originally posted by Charisa1114
Just wondering, have you noticed anything in common that you were doing in game when it happens? I have been having the same problem and it's getting really annoying.

The last 2 times it happened to me I was playing on a big home lot with a larger family, with sims on multiple lots and my active sim had their queue pretty full.

I stumbled onto something a little bit ago, trying to figure out my problem, and I think I may have found something (then again it may be nothing In the deviceconfig.txt file, which lists your video settings and stuff (the similar file from sims 2 listed the number of sims per household, pets per household etc.), there is a line under default options that says "MaxActiveLots 3". I am wondering if this could be causing a problem. If this means you can only have sims at 3 lots at a time, big families could be causing the problem when they are all running about town. Just a thought, but like I said that could mean absolutely nothing. I'm gonna play around with it and see if it helps. I'll let you know.

I have had this error message and one thing in common usually happens when I load my game. Every time my girl decides to take a photo with the Llama mascot, the Llama decides it wants to do it to her! So after I X it out of her cue and try to tell the Llama mascot to go home, it crashed to the desktop. Then this time I reloaded the game, I told the mascot to go away and then told my girl to play chess. About some odd sim minutes go by and it crashes again.
I have done some further testing. Obviously for me, it's custom content. Not sure what, but it seems like it's not any regular mods. It could be anything from the sliders to the accessories I've installed. It crashes to the desktop in the same, exact spot every time. I thought at first it was a custom chess board, but it still crashes on the EAxi's chess board.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 4:49 AM Last edited by Okalanit : 6th Dec 2014 at 4:52 AM. Reason: Adding Grammar
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Um... I'm surprised nobody bothered to mention it.

Make an exception in your Windows DEP. Google it.

I've tried that just today and did a test-run, still crashes in the same spot. Obviously it's custom content.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 11:36 AM
Have tried installing Nraas ErrorTrap?

AFAIK, many scripted objects sometimes fail spectacularly, raising an "exception". Without a debugging dll, this exception goes all the way to Windows, which will put the program to sleep by euthanasia.

Nraas ErrorTrap seems to capture those unhandled exceptions, and do some interesting tricks to try to maintain program integrity. Try turning on ErrorTrap's logging feature to get more details.
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 11:52 PM
Theory:
DasmX86Dll.dll is a debugging DLL for TS3W.exe for modders to use to run their mods and safely debug it.
They removed DasmX86Dll.dll from the mod so the debug menu does not popup when a certain glitch pops up,
But they forget to remove it from certain parts of the code so when a certain glitch happens it will cause it to crash.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AaronRules5
Theory:
DasmX86Dll.dll is a debugging DLL for TS3W.exe for modders to use to run their mods and safely debug it.
They removed DasmX86Dll.dll from the mod so the debug menu does not popup when a certain glitch pops up,
But they forget to remove it from certain parts of the code so when a certain glitch happens it will cause it to crash.

It was specifically set in place for EA's own programmers in their own testingenvironment for error reporting, which became useless when the game went into retail.
Derived from https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2013...-dll-not-found/
Test Subject
#59 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 3:35 AM
i updated to windows 10 and i am receiving the same message. I have not added anything since the update. confused to why this is happening
Test Subject
#60 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:25 PM
Default I have this problem
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado

Does your crash look like this? That's the voodoo crash that randomly happens at loadup when using mods. There's basically nothing we can do about it and it's totally random, so the only thing you can do is keep running the game until it works.

If your crash does not look like this, it may be brought on by overheating, or bad hacks.

i load up my game and i get past the first loading screen and i try to load ‎Appaloosa Plains and when the second loading screen is almost finished it crashes.
i only have 265 mods installed and thats after deleting the 3000 i had before. i havent tried loading any other town since this crash but it has only started happening when i load that town! its getting frustrating
Test Subject
#61 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:40 PM
Default is there one for 2020?
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
Where did you go to download your drivers? Nothing personal, but you might be surprised at the number of people who think their drivers are up to date but they really aren't. It's quite rare that people post with updated drivers. You sound like you know understand computers pretty well, but I’ve learned not to assume anything.

If they're already up to date then that's great, but just know you can't use Windows Update to correctly update drivers, nor can you use the Device Manager update tools. These would be the most recent for you:

Motherboard: ftp://ftp-usa.abit.com.tw/pub/downl...nf_v9001007.zip
Graphics: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_c.../common-vista64
Audio: http://support.creative.com/downloa...ownloadId=10969

Also make sure that your onboard audio is disabled in BIOS. I dunno about this error but I know that can cause issues if you don’t.

Have you used msconfig to disable necessary processes and programs and rule out software conflicts (Linked above)? If you haven't actually used msconfig to edit your services and startup processes, then you do have unnecessary stuff running.

Beyond that, I would try removing any cc/mods/hacks you have and see if that helps. If that doesn't work I would try removing user files and then finally doing a fresh install. Basically the game is trying to run a debugger that isn't included so it causes the game to crash. If we can figure out why the game is trying to run the debugger it will stop the crash. At this point I don't think we know how to stop the game from trying to access the dll file.. it would require editing of included code with the game. That's as far as I understand so far.

have you got any for 2020 windows 10
Test Subject
#62 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:42 PM
Theory:

is there anything i can do to fix this?
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:42 PM
Default i think i have this problem
Theory:

Mad Poster
#64 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 6:29 PM Last edited by igazor : 28th Jun 2020 at 8:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Twiggster2003

No, just about all crash logs report this error. The DasmX86Dll thing is the debugger/crash log system reporting on its own error. It is not what is causing players' games to crash, it is a byproduct of it having done so.
Inventor
#65 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 12:48 AM
I'm hoping maybe there is recent information about TS3 crashing without messages.
I also get that instruciton data about the DasmX86Dll not being found, but I get it that it is not what causes the crash.
I upgraded my OS to Windows 11. TS3 is not running on it.
Is there a fix to make TS3 run on Windows 11, please?
Mad Poster
#66 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Is there a fix to make TS3 run on Windows 11, please?

It might have been better to begin a new thread. This one is from over 13 years ago and what was causing crashes on startup back then is not likely to be what might cause them today as both the game and our operating systems have changed dramatically since then.

I'm sorry that the game is crashing on you, but there is nothing in Win 11 that should be making TS3 any unhappier than Win 10 does. One common theme we are seeing on new Win 10/11 installs is that OneDrive is activated by default and is interfering by trying to sync the live (in use) user game folder in Documents. Could that be the case here?

If that's not the case, what kind of specs do you have? In particular if you have a strong graphics card, have you taken the steps to limit the fps to 60 or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor might be? TS3 is an older game and does not have a functional built-in fps limiter, which on strong hardware can cause all kinds of instability and crashes.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 3:36 PM
I was encountering this in Twinbrook the past couple of days - most of the crashes are caused by a memory "leak" or the game using too much memory and CTD-ng. Even with a powerful computer, the game can only use so much memory and has a shitfit in large towns, lots with lots of CC, etc - my solution was to turn down some of my graphics options (in the options menu) to medium, set draw distance and high detail lots to a low number or set them at low, and trees at medium, set reflection quality to mirrors and water (but not superwater) - yeah, it can be a pain in the butt if you want to have the pretty shots or gameplay, but I'm willing to take a hit on graphics quality so my stupid game doesn't CTD with no warning.

Also, what @igazor said - DEFINITELY limit your FPS. I've limited mine to 30 because it works for me.

My advice would also be to run CCmagic and Dashboard to see if you have any duplicates, and compress your files - a lot of high-poly CC can also cause this issue. (aka the method being called "Teflon Troubleshooting - throw something, anything of a fix at the game and see what sticks - but keep notes. XD)

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Page 3 of 3