Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:38 AM
Default Would you recommend The Sims Medieval?
I've always wondered about the game, but never have really considered purchasing it. I know it wasn't the biggest seller or anything, but that doesn't mean it's not a good game or a halfway decent one?

I want to know from you guys whether or not the game is worth buying & playing.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoganWorm
I've always wondered about the game, but never have really considered purchasing it. I know it wasn't the biggest seller or anything, but that doesn't mean it's not a good game or a halfway decent one?

I want to know from you guys whether or not the game is worth buying & playing.

It's actually a wonderful game. EA dumping it has nothing to do with it's quality. It was poorly marketed and supported so sales weren't what they should have been. As they made only one expansion, Pirates & Nobles, it is limited. However, there is still hours and hours of fun to be had as well as quite a bit of custom material here on Mod The Sims Medieval. I heartily recommend buying the base game and the EP. Please be advised that if you have Windows 8 or higher you may not be able to play. Some people say it works fine and others that they can't play at all. There are fixes to found but I don't know how well they work. Enjoy!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:13 PM
It's a fun little game, and in many ways, prettier than TS3. It doesn't have a ton of depth and I don't really find it all that replayable, but if you can find it at a price that you're happy with for a weekend or so worth of entertainment, perhaps a bit more, then it's nice.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:27 AM
I had ALOT of fun when I was playing it (too bad I lost the disk). But it's extremely different from the other sims games. There are actual goals. You go on quests and stuff.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:57 PM
Absolutely! It's practically my life, so probably a better question for me to have addressed is, "Will you ever stop recommending The Sims Medieval?" But likely any person asking it of me might be yelling it.

TC Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:05 PM
Default Yes, but only with modifications
The Sims Medieval lets me do all the stuff that I was trying to force my regular Sims game to do, that is, to really play a different time period. I love it, but I would not like it at all if it wasn't for 2 key things:

Grim's Core Modifications: http://modthesims.info/t/449550

Tricks that Enable You to Continue Playing a Kingdom: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5516778.page

If you want to get an idea of how the game looks and how I play my game, I've posted some screenshots and info here: https://simchick.wordpress.com/

Hope this helps you to decide.