Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:40 AM
Default Are there any mods for TSM for aging?
I had seen an old thread about an Aging Manager for the game. I would at least like the ability to age children Sims up into adults. also, do your heroes ever die or become elders? the aging system in this game confuses me. I would just like to have dynasties and the like, even rudimentary forms. Thanks
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 2:53 PM
Shimrod made an aging manager. It was a while back and I don't remember if that was before P&N or not, so it may not be compatible anymore. I don't know if the mod is on this forum or not. You can find all his TSM mods at
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-medieval-mods/ (you have to be a member first)

For a more controlled aging experience, Grim's core has an option to age kids up so you can opt to age them whenever you choose to (there's an option to age them and retire your hero and have the kid take over, and there's an option to just age them up while keeping everything else as it is)
Gradual aging or just straight adult to elder can be done using edit in cas and the aging sliders and a change of hair color will achieve this, again, whenever you're ready to have them age.

There are no elders in TSM in the same way there is in TS3 so either Shimrod's mod or Grim's core + edit in cas will both only bring about cosmetic changes. It just depends how much control you want over the process.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Shimrod made an aging manager. It was a while back and I don't remember if that was before P&N or not, so it may not be compatible anymore. I don't know if the mod is on this forum or not. You can find all his TSM mods at
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-medieval-mods/ (you have to be a member first)

For a more controlled aging experience, Grim's core has an option to age kids up so you can opt to age them whenever you choose to (there's an option to age them and retire your hero and have the kid take over, and there's an option to just age them up while keeping everything else as it is)
Gradual aging or just straight adult to elder can be done using edit in cas and the aging sliders and a change of hair color will achieve this, again, whenever you're ready to have them age.

There are no elders in TSM in the same way there is in TS3 so either Shimrod's mod or Grim's core + edit in cas will both only bring about cosmetic changes. It just depends how much control you want over the process.

Hi, thanks so much for a great response. I got Grim's core Mod and I just went over to Shimrod's forum and grabbed a few more of his amazing mods!! Thanks for the tip! I'll play around with the aging sliders in CAS. That's cool that they have that, actually I just wish the game had aging and Story Progression like TS3 did. It would be a perfect game. But this makes it nearly as good. Thanks Chickie