Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:59 AM Last edited by Xeny : 10th Aug 2014 at 2:13 AM. Reason: typo
Default Sims Medieval Lagging? HELP is here and FREE!
Towards the latter of my game play in Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles, my game lags so badly, it becomes unplayable. So has been my experience for 3ish years since playing this game.

But finally after so very long, I have acquired the info and the experience in having applied the actions I will list below to be confident in posting my solution at MTS, and guaranteeing to any who try them, that YOU will have results! You will have BETTER game play. Some may lose their game LAGS completely, others may nearly lose any lagging in TSM. Either result to me is the same as God's beautiful touch upon a loved one. LOL Not really, almost, but not quite! LOL

One thing first, a gamer must realize about some games, and especially TSMP&N, is that it is a HEAVY resource user, and Windows' DEP (Data Execution Prevention) does NOT appreciate that. DEP and also Microsoft Visual C++ seem to love giving TSM a hard ash time when running too long for their taste. SO, after much searching, pain, and agony, and program testing etc etc, FINALLY Xeny has found the correct method to implement into the Command Prompt in order to force your computer (DEP) to allow The Sims Medieval more memory to run.

Windows 7 64-bit users probably suffered the most due to DEP's configuration implemented by default as it is not able to be configured by the PC user in the same way it could be by those running Vista. Billy Gates had changed DEP's scheme for Windows 7, but now the Command is available and also for those running 32-bit Windows OS versions.

1). MEMORY ALLOWANCE USAGE for TSM and also works for Sims 3 (or any game for that matter):

Read Carefully Please

If your pc is 32-bit and has more than 3 GB RAM installed, allow your pc to allocate more memory.
Type "Dxdiag" in the Search Programs bar and hit "Enter" when you open up the Start Menu.
The value after the line "Memory" is your PC's RAM.
If you have more than 3000MB RAM: Allow more RAM to be used by The Sims Medieval by running "cmd" (command prompt) as Administrator.
Type "cmd" in the Search Programs bar and hit ENTER on your keyboard for a short cut to Command Prompt, or Start Menu/Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt icon and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
When cmd pops up, try the following:
If you have 3072 MB of RAM installed, type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 and hit "Enter". (minus the quotes ("")
If you have 4096 MB of RAM or more installed, type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 and hit "Enter". (without the quotes ("")
When completed, restart your computer for the change to take place.

Whahoo! LOL Still kind of mentally screaming in freakish joy at this beautiful command! 3 bloody years!

2). TURNING OFF THE EYE CANDY DURING GAME PLAY

This help info I found to show the most obvious results concerning better game play, and also the fastest seen. You see I run Windows 7 premium 3rd party themes on my desktop, something I cannot be without or unhappiness overwhelms my PC experiences. LOL Some of you may too, or perhaps you like your task bar and start menu, and buttons animated. Or are running Aero Peek. NOT during game play you don't. I mean you probably are running these visual enhancements but they are useless to you in any aspect while your game is running, so therefore the "EYE CANDY" is nothing but a RESOURCE thief, taking from TSMP&N, for no reason but to take it, uselessly, and therefore you and your game play suffer.
To end this suffering and thievery, take these actions below (the location names I type may be different in XP, or Vista, but the instruction is the same as W7 :

From your Start Menu click Control Panel. Click on SYSTEM icon once there. Then select ADVANCED tab at the top in the wee window, then select SETTINGS in the top box/option under PERFORMANCE. You will then see under Visual Effects tab, a long list of EYE CANDY you can disable. To make your selections easiest, and the most impacting towards a better game playing experience, simply select the option "ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE. Click Apply, then Click OK.

ALL visual enhancements will be disabled and not be taking resources from your game. Your desktop will have the look of less than Basic W7. Its dang ugly, but who cares, you can't SEE your desktop when your are playing TSM, and who wants to anyway, when your sexy hot King or Emperor is sliding across the Throne Room floors wagging his cute firm...uh, you know what I mean....HOWEVER, most folks want their desktop visuals returned to their desktop when they are doing other things, not playing games, SO, you will want to remember your settings before you change them. When game play has completed for you, just go back to the location and change them back, click apply, click OK. Very simple. If you want a visual of the effects of this motion, try searching Youtube for a video on it.

3). TURN OFF UNNECESSARY PROCESSES!!!!!

Surely you have heard or read this 1000 xs. Me, too! Well heck! I tried, I really did for MORE than 3 years on 3 PC's, oops 4. LOL But it was never enough, course I didn't have the other 2 instructions implemented on my PC along with this one at those times either. Believe it or not, Gamers, there are a lot more processes that are not necessary running on your computer during game play times that go unrealized for most Home PC users. Ha! Even I, semi Ms Smarty-pants, ran into a few meeself! LOL Sooooooo, one can happily use a program to help us in turning these unneeded resources users off while we play and do not need their applications. NOT all of the Game "booster" programs are alike, yet most of them are FREE. I have used quite a few game boosting programs throughout my gaming life, but the best I have found is RAZER GAME BOOSTER. It's totally FREE, however, they require a user of their software to sign up on their site. After that, there is nothing required. Its simple. They don't bug me, and I don't bug them. I will post the link below if you would like to visit the site and check it out for yourselves.

Razer Game Booster did this for my PC, so you will know that they are very Good, and no other so called game boosting program has EVER improved my memory usage or INCREASED my available memory to the measure Razer Game Booster does. Yeah I have a lot of memory installed in my PC. 16GB to be exact, but even that much memory needs organizing so other programs won't moan they are not getting enough, AND they do moan! Windows is the biggest crybaby of them all! BS though, ya know? I've got plenty, but still W7 DEP acts like its on death's bed needing resources to keep the OS functioning, so previously would on occasion crash my game to desktop when my PC still had 12+ available physical memory to use. That being because by default Windows 7 allows programs to use no more than 2GB of RAM. After that say Good Bye to your game/other program, UNTIL NOW if your implement the OPTION number one above.
And Razer Game Booster, or perhaps another program of its ilk. Anyway, my highest available memory/RAM that showed in System Information was 14.6 available physical memory during times when no large game or program was running. When Razer Game Booster is running my total available physical RAM reads as a whopping 15GB. I also have a 3TB hard disk, so ya know.

Here is the link for Razer Game Booster, where you can see for yourselves all about it, and download free, if you wish. Instructions and all else are available to you there...or here in this link::::

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Because I demand the best experiences during my beloved TSMP&N game play, I believe you deserve it, too. So go and get it! And love your special times with your Sims as much as I do with mine, even more so since I can play better in my older kingdoms better than ever before, due to these 3 actions I share with you above.

Bless ya....and Chickie, Xylan Darksword, the most handsome Sim this world has ever known, winks and says " Despagrell to you!"

Go have a blast with your Sims that you won't forget!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.