Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:24 PM
Default Grims Medieval Core & monarch's children?
By TSM default, the monarch can have as many children as he or she wishes, although they might not be able to reside in his/her household. My Xylan Darksword, monarch, king, and Emperor used to have so many kids, the Watcher herself could not keep up with their names....we even had a Xylan the XXI, once back in the olden days, before using mods. Yes, they were mostly illegitimate, but only by realities social standards, not by my kingdom's or my frame of thinking, and certainly not by Xylan the Lord of my kingdoms. He claims them all!

I think it is Grim's Core that now prevents pregnancy of sims who are not married, is this right?

I have come to see that even when a sim is added to active family, she cannot become pregnant through intimacy. Although, if she is known by the hero sim in which a Watcher is controlling, the female sim can become pregnant if a Watcher points to her and chooses pregnancy from the Interactive menu, and if controlling a male hero sim, he becomes the father of the child whether or not he is married to her, EXCEPT if she is a Story Sim, such as Captain Clarisa Darktide, or Misty Darktide.

But my Xylan wants children that are his all over the kingdom, and with a variety of mothers, like it used to be, but I still want to use Grims Core. How can this be done?
Would it be a simple process. Maybe it might require an edit somewhere?

You know, my games were always more fun when Xylan had his way with any female he wanted...LOL

A resolution would be extremely appreciated, and my thanks are waiting to be given.

Bless, Xeny and Xylan

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
By TSM default, the monarch can have as many children as he or she wishes, although they might not be able to reside in his/her household. My Xylan Darksword, monarch, king, and Emperor used to have so many kids, the Watcher herself could not keep up with their names....we even had a Xylan the XXI, once back in the olden days, before using mods. Yes, they were mostly illegitimate, but only by realities social standards, not by my kingdom's or my frame of thinking, and certainly not by Xylan the Lord of my kingdoms. He claims them all!

I think it is Grim's Core that now prevents pregnancy of sims who are not married, is this right?

I have come to see that even when a sim is added to active family, she cannot become pregnant through intimacy. Although, if she is known by the hero sim in which a Watcher is controlling, the female sim can become pregnant if a Watcher points to her and chooses pregnancy from the Interactive menu, and if controlling a male hero sim, he becomes the father of the child whether or not he is married to her, EXCEPT if she is a Story Sim, such as Captain Clarisa Darktide, or Misty Darktide.

But my Xylan wants children that are his all over the kingdom, and with a variety of mothers, like it used to be, but I still want to use Grims Core. How can this be done?
Would it be a simple process. Maybe it might require an edit somewhere?

You know, my games were always more fun when Xylan had his way with any female he wanted...LOL

A resolution would be extremely appreciated, and my thanks are waiting to be given.

Bless, Xeny and Xylan

No Grim's core prevents a pregnancy if the household is at max number, it doesn't take in to account sending a kid away so it prevents a pregnancy from occurring at all. It has nothing to do with the marital status of the sims.
I have a version of the core that fixes that issue, from when we were working on the gossip mod (the gossip works internally in a weird way so it was necessary for Grim to modify how the gossip worked to even make the gossip mod possible).
The easiest way to fix your problem would be to use a mod that increases the max number allowed in a family.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
No Grim's core prevents a pregnancy if the household is at max number, it doesn't take in to account sending a kid away so it prevents a pregnancy from occurring at all. It has nothing to do with the marital status of the sims.
I have a version of the core that fixes that issue, from when we were working on the gossip mod (the gossip works internally in a weird way so it was necessary for Grim to modify how the gossip worked to even make the gossip mod possible).
The easiest way to fix your problem would be to use a mod that increases the max number allowed in a family.

I guess I can try that, Chickie, although I must admit Xylan has no intention of marrying most of these potential mothers, so if the mod requires that these potential children live in the Throne Room with the monarch, then the whole point of the purpose has not been met. We don't wish to overcrowd the Throne Room, we want to fill the kingdom with his children. Send them off to not even the Watcher knows where, and get their "gifts" in the messenger box....It sounds terrible to some, I suppose, but Xylan is the best of fathers.

Would Grimreefer be willing to allow me to use his "fixed" version of his core? I would glady help in testing it for him, if that is why he has not shared it with others in MTS.

I sure appreciate your advice and support, Chickie Dear.

Ta Ta Ta! For nowest...

Quote:
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:02 PM
I guess I can try that, Chickie, although I must admit Xylan has no intention of marrying most of these potential mothers, so if the mod requires that these potential children live in the Throne Room with the monarch, then the whole point of the purpose has not been met. We don't wish to overcrowd the Throne Room, we want to fill the kingdom with his children. Send them off to not even the Watcher knows where, and get their "gifts" in the messenger box....It sounds terrible to some, I suppose, but Xylan is the best of fathers.

Would Grimreefer be willing to allow me to use his "fixed" version of his core? I would glady help in testing it for him, if that is why he has not shared it with others in MTS.

I sure appreciate your advice and support, Chickie Dear.

Ta Ta Ta! For nowest...

The mod only increases the allowable family size per household, which in turn increases the number of allowable pregnancies, since currently children can't be sent away and so pregnancy gets blocked. You can't send them away by choice either, but you can move them out of the throne room.

It's not the core that needs tested, if anything needs tested it would be the gossip mod which is what the core I'm using was modified to deal with. It still has a test in it for drunk sims, which pops up with a message to tell you someone in the kingdom is drunk, and it pauses the game till you ok it. It was the easiest way to test if the drunk gossip was functioning as it should since it requires a sim to become drunk before they can be gossiped about. He hasn't shared it because any changes in it were specifically to handle the gossip mod so if you don't have the mod you don't need the alternative core, it was me that noticed and requested that the kids be able to be sent away again, which he kindly did for me. This was around April 2013, you're the first person to mention the kid thing, I assume either because people aren't bothering much with the kids or because they're using a max family size mod and haven't reached the cap on it yet. (I have a mod on my page that allows for something like 18), or it could be because they're aging them up and giving them a place in the kingdom, or some other reason, but whatever the reason it didn't appear to be anything that was missed for anyone else at the time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:25 AM
The mod only increases the allowable family size per household, which in turn increases the number of allowable pregnancies, since currently children can't be sent away and so pregnancy gets blocked. You can't send them away by choice either, but you can move them out of the throne room.

It's not the core that needs tested, if anything needs tested it would be the gossip mod which is what the core I'm using was modified to deal with. It still has a test in it for drunk sims, which pops up with a message to tell you someone in the kingdom is drunk, and it pauses the game till you ok it. It was the easiest way to test if the drunk gossip was functioning as it should since it requires a sim to become drunk before they can be gossiped about. He hasn't shared it because any changes in it were specifically to handle the gossip mod so if you don't have the mod you don't need the alternative core, it was me that noticed and requested that the kids be able to be sent away again, which he kindly did for me. This was around April 2013, you're the first person to mention the kid thing, I assume either because people aren't bothering much with the kids or because they're using a max family size mod and haven't reached the cap on it yet. (I have a mod on my page that allows for something like 18), or it could be because they're aging them up and giving them a place in the kingdom, or some other reason, but whatever the reason it didn't appear to be anything that was missed for anyone else at the time.

I have missed his ability to produce multiple children for a long time, LOL. I mentioned here once before that I can trick the game into allowing more than 3 kids to a household, so that is not my issue. My issue is that Xylan's ability to make a sim he is not married to pregnant. The only time a pregnancy is allowed is if my hero sim is married to the potential mother, or if the potential mother is related to the sim I am controlling. For instance, in a game not too long ago, my Jacoban Priest Taran Lords, made my Peteran Priest Laggar Beer's wife pregnant by clicking on the pregnancy option. Taran could go into the Peteran Church and hold his baby girl, while Lagger would just stare at him, as if he wanted to smack the baztard. I think it's called disgruntled? Often Taran and Lagger have rows, and play all kinds of tricks on each other.

Anyway, I am near to reinstalling Windows again, odd things have been occurring to my computer, so the last few days have been hard, but right before my troubles with the PC, I was able to achieve an event with TSMP&N game in which I had not ever achieved before, and in fact had been led to believe was impossible.

Quite often I save the whole folder in My Documents of Electronic Arts, for any just in cases, as you know, annually it is expected of me to have some sort of unrecoverable activity occur to me concerning my OS. Hence my need to always have a copy of the settings/condition of my game saved somewhere.
So anyway, a few days ago, I had to do a system restore, or rather it was an image restore, and it was from a month prior to the date I used it, so not too old. When Windows does a system restore, or even an image backup, it does not delete any files that are contained or wrapped in Winrar. However, if these same files are not already installed, or have been on the drive in which is being restored previous to when the restore point or image was made, and it is not wrapped in Winrar, but is just sitting it a folder, Windows will delete the EXE file if there is one, and also deletes the .dat file, so that particular quest can no longer be played, since it is gone.

So I had saved my Electronic Arts folder from My Documents, and when I did an image restore, the condition of my game was of course set at a month prior to the date I did the restore, so what I did, was to replace the old Electronic Arts folder with the newer one I had saved from my most recent activity. At first the game did not show up on the game screen, so I put back the older Electronic Arts folder, and added only the saves I wanted, and then replaced the old Saved Sims folder with the newer one, deleted the thumbnails and cache packages, and replaced the xml file as well, and wahlllah! It worked! The game recognized my newest game save! It was a miracle! LOL

The key, I believe was having the older game save in the same folder with my newest game save from the present. At first I had only put the newest game save in this folder, when it did not work.

So, there may be a future for adding older saves to reinstalled TSM games after all, Ms Chickie, for certainly you know that TSM does not take kindly to game saves being reapplied to it from different times. You know that when TSM is reinstalled it does not recognize saves and other files added to it. Well, I believe I have made a breakthrough concerning THAT stubbornness! What think you, Ma Lady????

TTFN Toots!!

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:48 PM

OOOOOh, Chickie, I kinda by-passed this quote by you last time, accidentally. This phrase you made is absolutely untrue in my game. If I want a kid gone, and do not wish to kill them off ( a rarity, but sometimes my heart may have a bit O mercy ), I have Xylan or whomever other sim, in this situation choke out another kid, until there is the allowed 3 again, and the one I want gone, GET's GONE, off to one of the 4 options the game gives at the time of kiddo departure!

Why do you say currently children leaving is not possible? Perhaps you refer to your version of Grim's Core? Well, I suppose I shall just have to go back to tricking the game into making more babies by different mothers the HARD way! Very time consuming that is, and I wish I could edit the unneeded options I only half understand in Grim's Core Interactions menu choices. Make it small like the socials mod you and Shimmy made, but with the same power! LOL

Take it easy as you pleasy, Madam!

Xeny and Xylan

Quote:
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 7:44 PM
OOOOOh, Chickie, I kinda by-passed this quote by you last time, accidentally. This phrase you made is absolutely untrue in my game. If I want a kid gone, and do not wish to kill them off ( a rarity, but sometimes my heart may have a bit O mercy ), I have Xylan or whomever other sim, in this situation choke out another kid, until there is the allowed 3 again, and the one I want gone, GET's GONE, off to one of the 4 options the game gives at the time of kiddo departure!

Why do you say currently children leaving is not possible? Perhaps you refer to your version of Grim's Core? Well, I suppose I shall just have to go back to tricking the game into making more babies by different mothers the HARD way! Very time consuming that is, and I wish I could edit the unneeded options I only half understand in Grim's Core Interactions menu choices. Make it small like the socials mod you and Shimmy made, but with the same power! LOL

Take it easy as you pleasy, Madam!

Xeny and Xylan

That's odd, because the version of the core I use fixed this issue for me. Grim clarified the problem existed and fixed it in the version I'm using....Unless, of course, the problem was brought about by one of the previous cores he sent to support the gossip mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:27 AM
I'm not sure if you are saying kids leaving the household to seek their future's after the children's limit per household is reached, is fixed in your version of Grim's Core, but not in mine, or the other way around.
Or, if you refer to something else.

In my game, when a fourth child is born, the game gives the option of which child the Watcher wants to leave the household, same as the game by default. I was explaining to you that your belief that my game did not allow for a child to leave the household was incorrect. The whole trouble I face is that my monarch cannot make babies with another sim unless he is married to her, or she is married to another sim. No single/unmarried female sim can have babies in my game. <----- THAT is the problem POINT BLANK!

I would be very happy if this issue was repaired. Oh, let me clarify the last sentence up above. No ADULT unmarried female sim can become pregnant in my game, whether they are in a relationship with a male sim or not. The key word being "married".

TTFN Xeny

Quote: