Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
Default Quest target went AWOL. What should I do?
I'm on the quest where the doctor renews her license. One of the quest goals was to diagnose two patients. I discovered that it wasn't just ANY two patients. I had two specific patients with yellow map tags show up. I diagnosed one and the second map tag vanished. It's been two sim days and the tag has never shown up again. Should I just give up on this quest? How often does this happen? I can't continue with the quest.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:19 PM
If you can't complete the part where you diagnose two patients, then ctrl left click on the icon to right of your active sim (where it says to do this interaction) and it will automatically complete that part and then the next step of your quest should show up.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:36 PM
Thank you SO much! This will also help when the quest has "Kneel Before the Throne" and the King won't get out of the Reception Hall. I've had two quests I've started over because my sim couldn't get the king or queen in the throne room to request an audience.
Inventor
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:34 PM
You're welcome! Yep, I've had to do it with some parts of a quest when I ran into a dead end with no other way around it.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:18 PM
I tried this fix and it didn't work. I chalked it up to my stupidity and ignored it. But then I was looking for something else and found the fix so your cheat would work.

The cheat doesn't work unless you have testingcheatsenabled true. Unlike TS3, you have to do this by editing a file. http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/cheats.php This page tells you which file to edit and how to edit it. It's pretty simple. I'm just posting this in case anyone else tries the cheat and finds it doesn't work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I tried this fix and it didn't work. I chalked it up to my stupidity and ignored it. But then I was looking for something else and found the fix so your cheat would work.

The cheat doesn't work unless you have testingcheatsenabled true. Unlike TS3, you have to do this by editing a file. http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/cheats.php This page tells you which file to edit and how to edit it. It's pretty simple. I'm just posting this in case anyone else tries the cheat and finds it doesn't work.

ANother good time to use this cheat: When the spy is supposed to eavesdrop on someone specific and that person NEVER TALKS TO ANYONE AT ALL.. AUGH.
Inventor
#7 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:46 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. I have testingcheatsenabled true set to be on all the time and I forgot that it lets you do those special tricks with the game.

Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:55 PM
ANother good time to use this cheat: When the spy is supposed to eavesdrop on someone specific and that person NEVER TALKS TO ANYONE AT ALL.. AUGH.

Ugh. I've had that happen a few times, usually on the quest to annex Arbyville. The body guards for the Queen of Hearts (I think that was the gang) would talk endless to each other, but never to the leader. So I'd try getting my sims to talk to one of the body guards so the other would be free, but no, apparently the leader isn't a good conversationalist because the other body guard would just stand there twiddling her thumbs! Then I'd try getting the King to talk to the leader and have the spy listen in, but apparently that doesn't count. Then I'd try a bunch of random stuff from Grim's core mod to try to make something happen but none of it would work (I just put it in two days ago, so it's possible that there could have been something and I just missed it). I accidentally froze one of the body guards and ended up having to reset her to fix it. But luckily, freezing her seemed to trigger the group to move to the castle and the leader FINALLY spoke to someone.

Awful. Just awful.