Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 5:21 PM
Default Just got it yesterday
Ok so I broke and got it yesterday After origans almost 3 hr download lol I must say this is hardr than i thought but overall a good game
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 5:42 PM
I just got the game a few weeks ago when it was on sale. I'm loving it. I've played it much more than Sims 4.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 4:41 PM
I also bought the game - from my first salary - when it was on sale, more than a year ago. It was a bargain, and it has become my favourite Sims game since then, I like it even more now than I used to like TS2 or TS3, even though I love those really much as well. I wish both of you to have lots of fun with this awesome game called The Sims Medieval
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 8:51 PM
I enjoy also very much, certainly more than i do Sims 4 sometimes. It has so much potential had the creators not abandoned it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:03 AM
i have had it for years and i love it
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 4:48 PM
i need to watch some kind of game play tut i got this after playing this on my ipad and was shocked maybe i will go back because i was so confused

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:15 AM
I just bought it, because of the anniversary sale. I'm really tough pressed to find any good custom content. So far all I've found is a big package of converted hair from The Sims 3.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=545105

Apparently one can install a couple of third party programs that work together to convert The Sims 3 hair, clothing, and makeup to The Sims Medieval, but the website the original program came from is dead, and my attempt to download it from one of the forums on here ended with a half hour of uninstalling persistent junk programs that were crashing my internet.
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kagekiss
I just bought it, because of the anniversary sale. I'm really tough pressed to find any good custom content. So far all I've found is a big package of converted hair from The Sims 3.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=545105

Apparently one can install a couple of third party programs that work together to convert The Sims 3 hair, clothing, and makeup to The Sims Medieval, but the website the original program came from is dead, and my attempt to download it from one of the forums on here ended with a half hour of uninstalling persistent junk programs that were crashing my internet.

A sticky to list and link usable downloads has been requested a few times now, but we've never got one. This is the main reason it was requested, for new players.
The best you can do is to sort the categories by download, you should be able to find most things from there, although some have disappeared and been re-uploaded elsewhere on the forum.
Just be careful on older downloads that they were either updated or are still compatible with P&N if you have it.

You only need to have S3PE to convert hair and clothing and Velocity Grass' wrapper (which you can get on this forum), although you should keep in mind that unless you're going to alter the meshes, TS3 sims are bigger than TSM sims so hair and clothing doesn't fit properly.
More often than not, hair will be too high on the head and too wide and the colors can be a problem on occasion as well. Also, on a lot of converted hairs, zooming out can make the hair become really patchy or it disappears completely and leaves your sim bald.
Mirabella Rose has recently converted a whole bundle of TS3 hairs and she said she has weeded out the worst offenders, so I'd start with her conversions if you're looking for TS3 hair.
TS3 kids hair fits on the TSM kids. Colors can sometimes be an issue though especially if there are accessories, but they are the most satisfying and least troublesome to convert.
Clothing tends to leave a noticeable gash in the neck and sometimes skews the arms. Also, TSM sims are full bodied, so if you weren't going to alter the meshes yourself, you'd need to use a mesh that includes feet which can be hard to come by, or you'd have to use something that hides the feet (gowns etc). Silverprinz converted TS3 shoes to use as accessories so you may be able to get round the feet thing this way.
Just a casp conversion of makeup will normally leave lipstick and eyeliner etc horribly out of place.
Cas conversions normally aren't great, and most will be uninstalled straight away. I've found it to be more effort than it's worth for the odd one that looks just ok, against the multitude that didn't.
If you never manage to find those programs, I wouldn't worry about it, you're not missing much. Check out Mirabella Rose's hair conversions, she sounds like she's put a whole lot of effort in to finding the ones that look ok.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:46 AM
Did I understand you correctly, Kagekiss? Did the hairs I converted crash your game??? If so, I need more info so I can fix it! Please, let me know what's going on!

I'm still adding hairs to this site, too, so check back on that thread occasionally. So far, I've only done hairs from The Sims Resource, and only those from whom I either got permission, or who never responded to my attempts to get permission. I noticed there are a couple of new hairs by new creators, and I have asked their permission to convert the hairs, but haven't got an answer yet.

I'm looking at creators outside of TSR, but it's really a matter of getting their permission first. Anyway, my point is that I'm still adding to the hairs I've converted. I have tried to keep the worst hairs out, but there is no getting around the fact that the hairs were made for TS3, not TSM. The meshes are too big, the textures can get wonky, sometimes there is a line at the neck, etc., etc., etc.

Just squint your eyes when looking at the hairs and you should be fine! Just kidding, they're not that bad. And most look fine in-game.

Using S3PE to convert makeup without first changing the placement (on the face) of the makeup results in hilarity. Observe:

This is what happened when I tried to stick a Sims 3 skin in TSM without changing the size first. The faces are sized differently in TSM, so a direct conversion won't work. And then there is the issue of the makeup not always showing up in-game, which is an issue I've run into, and haven't found an answer to yet. I've had success with making the makeup a default replacement, but that's about it.

Converting Sims 3 clothing just isn't worth it, like ChickieTeeta said. The meshes are too big and the neck sticks out weirdly. You get this:

[IMG][/IMG]

Or you get no feet:

[IMG][/IMG]

Or you get a freaky texture problem:

[IMG][/IMG]

This can be fixed by attempting to recolor it, but it doesn't always work, in my experience.

So, to sum things up, hair is imperfect, makeup can be made but doesn't always show up for every category and/or every sim (for instance, the eye shadow I made only showed up for townies, not heroes), clothing is an exercise in frustration and not worth the hassle, skin can be made but is default replacement only, objects can only be made as recolors of existing game objects (If I'm wrong on this, feel free to correct me), and Sims 3 patterns will work but only as package files and only if there is one img file in it.

And that's all. I'm talked out. See ya!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 5:40 PM
I'm glad other people are finding this game. It may still be my favorite.
I should play it again. Everything I play Sims 4 I feel aimless, but this is still good, though I think I might have made all the achievements finally, last time I played.