Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 4:55 PM
Default Is there a way to change children's clothing?
It says you can do it in CAS. I don't know how? Was anyone else successful with doing this?
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 6:07 PM
chest / wardrobe > plan another sim's outfit. works anywhere, any time.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 7:53 AM
Didn't work for me. I tried that. For some reason, I was able to change her hair (using the Edit in CAS hack), but I couldn't change her clothing. I could, but it never showed up in-game.
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 8:06 AM
clothes don't change using the CAS option anymore. if you've patched up your game/gotten P&N you can use the wardrobe. if not, I don't know how to help you, as my experience comes from using P&N and it's updated mods.
#5 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
clothes don't change using the CAS option anymore. if you've patched up your game/gotten P&N you can use the wardrobe. if not, I don't know how to help you, as my experience comes from using P&N and it's updated mods.

well duh you're suppose to update your game -.- that goes for any game.
Instructor
#6 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 11:11 AM
IK, but I've found that 90% of new people asking for help haven't patched their game, so any help I try to give is useless. If they've patched up to and installed P&N, there really wouldn't be a problem as I know for a fact that you can use the dresser to plan an outfit for children.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:25 PM
I have a problem with changing childrens clothes as well.
When I click on the wardrobe with my active character, that is the father of the child I want to redress and has a good relationship with that child and the child is standing exactly next to me, still nothing happens when I click on the childs portrait in "Plan another sims outfit".

There is a way to go around that, though it isn´t perfect...
If you have TestingCheatsEnabled (Ask if you don´t know how to do this), you can shift+rightclick on your child, putting it in your active party. Select the child, go to the wardrobe and plan outfit. Afterwards shift+rightclick again to get it out of the party again.

Sadly, there are only 4 different clothes available for my child, but I don´t know if this is the same for everyone or with using "Edit in CAS" or using the wardrobe with your active Hero sim...

(Why oh why can my princess only choose between two pants, one peasant dress and the jacobean robe? Now she looks exactly like my Priestess...)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 7:39 PM
I have enabled the boys' clothing for girls and an extra outfit for boys, a male outfit which those townie boys can be given but which isn't available for hero children. This is through a CASP mod, at the site in my sig file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#9 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:55 PM
thank you Shimrod!
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 3:09 AM
I use testingcheatsenabled true in my TSM, but whe I shift+rightclick my childrean but I can't put her in my active party.... I really really wan to change my childrean clothes..T___T
#11 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyNewHere
chest / wardrobe > plan another sim's outfit. works anywhere, any time.

^
^
^
^
well then patch your game and do this

only way it won't work is if you have mods that conflict with the patch...
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 3:41 AM Last edited by kingdomheartstislight : 25th Jul 2013 at 8:57 AM. Reason: update
a new update is out it is here http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/8/8/patch/82729/
if you use this patch you may edit your child cloths and hair,you cannot edit the gender,skin color or name if you go into basic mode the child becomes an adult,use the undo option to go back, download this as well http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=500960 this is the correct file setup,and you can use grims mod,and treeags cheats option,and forsakens cloths mod for children.all 3 of these will make the edit a sim for children work.but to edit your child you got to update your game use the retail verson,first.if it dose not update then its the other one.If you fail to do as I mention then you cant be helped, you have the link and the mod is already were it belongs,you can get a no dvd patch but i cannot post the link here as it would support piracy so if you got the game it will work other wise it will break it and you have to seek the no dvd patch on your own.to add that child to your family use the adoption option by going to a public message box/pigeon box you have to remember the childs name,. this is available in grims newest core. you should also be able to do this in debug mode if you have ricks debugger which sadly is not available in the latest patch but grim did add that opt under his debugger opt. just sleet the child,and debug,adopt .
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 9:50 AM Last edited by kingdomheartstislight : 23rd Jul 2013 at 3:12 AM. Reason: delete
message deleted
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:12 AM
help
I don't know how to do it and whenever I do I save commands and it says prossess denied I have a window 7