Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2013 at 5:08 AM
Default Sims Medieval, Stop & Go?
I have been enjoying TSM for a while now i started a kingdom and a few day ago finished the ambition first steps.

a few days ago in The Sims Medieval my game started jerking every 3-4 second. every 3-4 seconds my game will pause for 1 second then carry on. when i had this same problem inside The Sims 3 i went on Google and found Nraas Overwatch mod which fixed my game right away . Does the Sims Medieval have a mod like Overwatch?, any thing to make the game run smoother, i have been looking on Google for a while now and found nothing. I have tried clearing the game cache but it didn't fix the problem.

If anyone has any ideas on how i can fix my game PLEASE post.

Please guy i REALLY don't want to start a new kingdom all over again and i really like the kingdom i have.

I only have TSM I do NOT have P&N.

My game is fully updated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th May 2013 at 6:41 AM
Yeah, buy more memory. Or try installing P&N, they often fix things that the actual update doesn't, sneaky EA.

I don't know what else to tell you, the more you play in a kingdom the bigger the save file gets and the memory usage, eventually you might not be able to use that save game at all anymore. That's why I gave up on TSM.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2013 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Yeah, buy more memory. Or try installing P&N, they often fix things that the actual update doesn't, sneaky EA.

I don't know what else to tell you, the more you play in a kingdom the bigger the save file gets and the memory usage, eventually you might not be able to use that save game at all anymore. That's why I gave up on TSM.

Hello, darn i really wish there was something that could be done. I have had this kingdom for a few weeks now (i think 3-4) and put a lot of time in my heroes ... i really don't want to buy P&N and i doubt it would really fix my problem ... If anyone else has any other ideas please post, i will give it a try.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th May 2013 at 2:23 AM
It would be helpful if you posted your system specs.

Anyways, id recommend CCleaner. Download that tool, and run it.

After, download and run game enhancer.

It should run again like normal.
CCleaner will clear unused catch files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2013 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
It would be helpful if you posted your system specs.

Anyways, id recommend CCleaner. Download that tool, and run it.

After, download and run game enhancer.

It should run again like normal.
CCleaner will clear unused catch files.

Hello, Lol i have been using CCleaner for years now i run it every morning on my PC. I have tried a few programs in the past that say they make games run faster but because i never noticed anything, i never kept any of them...i never herd of game enhancer i will look it up.

4GB of ram DDR3
Hard Drive 250
dual processor AMD Live
Radeon 6570 1GB DDR3
Windows 7
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th May 2013 at 1:39 PM
It's probably not a RAM issue, but it may be a problem with your virtual RAM/hard drive space. Have you cleaned all temporary internet files, your windows temp directory, and deleted the TSM cache files? I'd suggest trying that, then running a defrag. The defrag will also mark any potentially bad sectors on the disk, too. That may help a bit. Of course, if your hard drive is pretty full, then any changes will be negligible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2013 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Attercap
It's probably not a RAM issue, but it may be a problem with your virtual RAM/hard drive space. Have you cleaned all temporary internet files, your windows temp directory, and deleted the TSM cache files? I'd suggest trying that, then running a defrag. The defrag will also mark any potentially bad sectors on the disk, too. That may help a bit. Of course, if your hard drive is pretty full, then any changes will be negligible.

I have 180GB of free space on my 250 hard drive...i disk cleanup and defrag my pc every 2 weeks...i use CCleaner every morning at start up. I have just decided to make a new Kingdom...i am tried of trying to save the one i have, my new Kingdom runs great, no lag and game play is nice and smooth...i know after i play on this new kingdom for a few weeks it will start doing what my first one is doing now....but o well what i am going to do? i will just enjoy while i can.

Thank you everyone that has took the time to try and help me, i do appreciate it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th May 2013 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tvhog
I have 180GB of free space on my 250 hard drive...i disk cleanup and defrag my pc every 2 weeks...i use CCleaner every morning at start up. I have just decided to make a new Kingdom...i am tried of trying to save the one i have, my new Kingdom runs great, no lag and game play is nice and smooth...i know after i play on this new kingdom for a few weeks it will start doing what my first one is doing now....but o well what i am going to do? i will just enjoy while i can.

Thank you everyone that has took the time to try and help me, i do appreciate it.

I have had similar problems. I find that using the no-disc crack makes my game run faster. I also had to set the visual display options to low or medium. My laptop sucks and these attempts seemed to help the game.