Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:16 PM
Default Merchants, asking customers to buy?? Not showing up?
Wasn't sure where to post this... Gameplay or tech help, as this may be a glitch ....... But anyways, how do you get merchants to ask customers to buy!?! My merchant has to ask two, and I haven't figured out how/it's not working.

I go to the market, the stalls are open for business, and stocked. I click on a sim in the market, the only option I get is bribe. His focus was low, so I got it up by having him drink and eat, it was pretty high, still only bribe is available. I tried becoming best friends with a customer first, still only bribe.

According to the interwebs, it's supposed to be under "merchant" well, all I'm getting is bribe. Is that because he's only level 1? But then why would he have a responsibility he can't complete?? He needs to get this done soon and I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions??
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lauren_Cheerio
Wasn't sure where to post this... Gameplay or tech help, as this may be a glitch ....... But anyways, how do you get merchants to ask customers to buy!?! My merchant has to ask two, and I haven't figured out how/it's not working.

I go to the market, the stalls are open for business, and stocked. I click on a sim in the market, the only option I get is bribe. His focus was low, so I got it up by having him drink and eat, it was pretty high, still only bribe is available. I tried becoming best friends with a customer first, still only bribe.

According to the interwebs, it's supposed to be under "merchant" well, all I'm getting is bribe. Is that because he's only level 1? But then why would he have a responsibility he can't complete?? He needs to get this done soon and I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions??

Silly question, but my first thought is....
Have you stocked the market stall so your merchant has something to sell?

I'm just going to make a merchant I'll be back in a bit with a screenshot to show you what you should be seeing, so you can see if there is a problem or not.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:56 AM
I think it's because you haven't stocked and/or opened the market stall for business.

This is the merchant's options. He's lvl 1, like yours. I just dropped him in so there's no stock on the stall, and the stall can't be opened if it's not stocked.
(Ignore threaten for money and draw blood sample in the pic, both options come from mods.)

Again ignore the 2 options from mods. This is what you should see when stocked and open.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:37 AM
Ask to Buy is grayed out because you don't have a high enough relationship with that person yet. Get to know them and chat with them a few times, and then the option will become clickable.
Inventor
#5 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:59 PM
I do two interactions first, like the butter up and hustle or one of those with the compliment good taste and then the option for asking to buy goods is available.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .