Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 6:44 PM Last edited by choco156 : 14th Mar 2014 at 3:40 PM.
Default The Hidden Child Challenge
Hi! This is my first challenge, so I may have missed a few things. Let me know if there's anything I should add, and I'll most likely add it

The Hidden Child Challenge

The aim of this challenge is to raise a child without his/her step-father ever seeing him/her.

Starting out
-You must start off with at least a YA female sim. You can create her husband and their children (optional).
-You can start off on an empty lot, or any house that you can afford.
-No money cheats, skill cheats/mods etc.
-The only mods that are allowed are mods that don’t give you an advantage over someone else. So, mods that are allowed are mods like Overwatch that help your game run smoother.

Story
-Basically, your sim must be with someone (married etc…), and have an affair with someone else. She must then get pregnant from this someone else and have a child. This is the child that will stay hidden from the rest of the family. She must already have had at least one child with her husband/boyfriend before having the hidden child.
-The mother must Woohoo with her husband/boyfriend after having tried for a baby with someone else, all on the same day. Then, when the mother is pregnant, her husband/boyfriend will think it’s his child.
-Once the mother has had her hidden child, the mother must tell the father she had a miscarriage (just Chat or something… Use your imagination!)
-Feel free to add a proper backstory! :D

Extra Rules
-The hidden child must live on the same lot as the rest of the family.
-The hidden child must never ever even be seen by the mother’s husband/boyfriend, and must never talk to the other children (but can be seen).
-The mother can take care of the hidden child, but not when her husband/boyfriend is on the lot.
-The hidden child, as a toddler, must be taught how to walk and talk, be potty trained, and have at least 1 skill level in either the xylophone or the blocks thingy before aging up.
-The hidden child, as a child and a teen, must be on the honor roll before aging.
-No aging your Sims before their actual birthday!
-You can change the aging but keep in mind, an epic lifespan will make for an epically long game.
-You may not call a nanny, but you can have a maid (she can’t take care of the hidden child though).
-Boarding school is not ok for the hidden child.
-The family can go on vacation, but the hidden child can’t. Same goes for the future.
-I’d recommend, if you have Supernatural, getting the hidden bookcase door as it adds that extra touch

How to lose!
You lose if:
-The father sees the hidden child,
-Other children (in your family) communicate with the hidden child,
-The hidden child ages up before completing the requirements,
-The hidden child dies.

End
-The challenge ends when the hidden child becomes a young adult.
-OPTIONAL: You could carry on the challenge and make the hidden child have a hidden family, all still on the same lot. Or, as HaniaJedi suggested, the hidden child could save up for a new house, sneak out, move to a new house, change their name and then start a new family.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and as I mentioned earlier, let me know if I have forgotten anything, or if you have a suggestion.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:30 PM
Oooh, nice challenge! Very imaginative well done! Gonna try it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilycupcake888
Oooh, nice challenge! Very imaginative well done! Gonna try it

Thank you ^^ Feel free to post pics if you want
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 8:55 AM
And what counts as being seen?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
And what counts as being seen?

Being in the same room or being outside at the same time ^^
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 8:05 PM
This sounds fun!
I thought of an idea that I'll do to continue the challenge after. Maybe the mother could have more than one child, or the hidden child would need to sneak out of the house. Maybe have a few goals to do so, like secretly earn his/her own money to buy a house, sneak out, and change their name and continue the challenge.
I'll do this one for sure!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 12:37 PM
Very interesting challenge! I think you could add a lot to this to really make it difficult. If you have other children, it would be very difficult to send the hidden one to school without being seen by them (getting on the bus) so mom could always home school during the day (or drive the hidden child to school after dad leaves for work, etc.). If the HC gets sick, the mom has to sneak them out of the house to get them to the doctor (hospital) for a shot. Nice challenge.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HaniaJedi
This sounds fun!
I thought of an idea that I'll do to continue the challenge after. Maybe the mother could have more than one child, or the hidden child would need to sneak out of the house. Maybe have a few goals to do so, like secretly earn his/her own money to buy a house, sneak out, and change their name and continue the challenge.

more than one child is tough! My mom had TWINS
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 4:47 PM
...A fire just destroyed my house, the dad died. The other 2 kids havent spoken to thee hidden twins, do I lose? They had to move to a new house.
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:08 AM
When the HC ages up into a teenager do they have to get a job.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 3:38 PM
This sounds fun!
I thought of an idea that I'll do to continue the challenge after. Maybe the mother could have more than one child, or the hidden child would need to sneak out of the house.

More than one child would be a lot harder ^^
When you say "the hidden child would need to sneak out of the house" you mean every time they want to leave the lot?
Maybe have a few goals to do so, like secretly earn his/her own money to buy a house, sneak out, and change their name and continue the challenge.

Yeah, this could definitely be a part of the challenge once you've got past childhood. Instead of having a hidden family on the same lot, the hidden child, like you said, could buy a new house. And thank you

Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
Very interesting challenge! I think you could add a lot to this to really make it difficult. If you have other children, it would be very difficult to send the hidden one to school without being seen by them (getting on the bus) so mom could always home school during the day (or drive the hidden child to school after dad leaves for work, etc.). If the HC gets sick, the mom has to sneak them out of the house to get them to the doctor (hospital) for a shot. Nice challenge.

Thanks :3 Yeah, they are loads of ways of making my challenge harder There is a mod that lets you have Home Schooling as an option.

Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
...A fire just destroyed my house, the dad died. The other 2 kids havent spoken to thee hidden twins, do I lose? They had to move to a new house.

You don't lose, but the fact that the dad is dead kinda ends the challenge :/ Maybe you could get a step-father?

Quote: Originally posted by Jennifer_2678
When the HC ages up into a teenager do they have to get a job.

They don't have to, but it would probably be harder if the HC did get a job.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 3:48 PM
I fell in love with this challenge as soon as i found it!
Im actually starting this on my youtube but in The Sims 4, its got alot of positive feedback so far
I just want to say thank you for coming up with this idea, its going to be lots of fun :lovestruc
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:05 PM
I'll definitely try it! I love challenges with creative or out-of-the-ordinary backstories. It's been a while since I found one that I really wanted to play. Thanks for this! ^_^
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 2:42 AM
Dang it, got caught, just gonna continue this as a legacy, the HC looked like her mom so the dad still doesn't know she cheated :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:56 AM
This is cool! But is it ok if you have Nraas careers mod to have homeschooling for the hidden child?
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:33 PM
I am going to do this challenge after i finish the 100 baby challenge.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 10:55 PM
This is an awesome challenge, I will try it on my sims 4 and see how it goes.
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 5:04 PM
This looks amazing and I'm gonna try to do it now. I'm sorry if i'm starting a dead thread...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:09 PM
ok, so I started again. I got twins again. I started a fire again (I put it out this time)
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 2:41 AM
Default I am so doing this!
I'm making a simblr and I was in desperate need of some awesome challenges. I'm definitely doing this one! Very creative.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by choco156
Thank you ^^ Feel free to post pics if you want
The thing u said about having the hidden chld move out as a YA & have a family sounds fun you could do a hidden child legacy challenge!
:lovestruc
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 8:52 AM
It seems kinda unrealistic for the child to go to school with his/her half siblings without the father ever finding out. It's a cool challenge, but if I'm doing it, I'll just never send the hidden child to school and let the traits randomise. If she lies about a miscarriage, she never really register this child anywhere and officially it doesn't exist, right?
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 9:53 PM
I'm going to try and to do it but I won't let them be seen by the other children either or go to school