Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7501 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 3:56 PM
Yesterday when I was trying to insert a sims photo into an e-mail, I accidentally opened a picture of a castle in the main neighborhood folder. Today when I'm a little more at leisure, I went to the neighborhood folder and changed to thumbnail view so I could see each of the .pngs. I have neighborhood package and .pngs for:
Downtown (Okay, knew about that)
Main Neighborhood (Good, can't play without that)
Suburb001 (According to the picture, a flat uninhabited space with a bit of shoreline; never seen it before)
Suburb002 (Kinda looks like it might be Riverblossom Hills; at any rate the .png has four characters illustrating the seasons, one a plantsim)
Suburb003 (White and black castles facing each other; okay, I bet that's the secret witch lots, the castles of Light and Darkness or whatever)
Suburb004 (Shore, train, water tower, radio tower, no residences - might that be Bluewater Village? Which I haven't attached?)
Suburb005 (A repeat of Suburb001)
Sim State (Oh, good, something I know about again)
3 Vacation Hoods (Good, no mystery there)

So, if Suburb003 is the AL stealth neighborhood containing the secret witch lots, then the other suburbs would be the stealth neighborhoods for for the other expansion packs? Odd, then that AL is the third rather than the fifth. Unless...hmm...if it numbers them as they are installed, instead of having preset names, then the fact that I installed OFB, Freetime, and BV after Drama Acres was underway would account for that.

I'm not worried about this, since I have a rational explanation. I'd kind of like to know if I'm right, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7502 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yesterday when I was trying to insert a sims photo into an e-mail, I accidentally opened a picture of a castle in the main neighborhood folder. Today when I'm a little more at leisure, I went to the neighborhood folder and changed to thumbnail view so I could see each of the .pngs. I have neighborhood package and .pngs for:
Downtown (Okay, knew about that)
Main Neighborhood (Good, can't play without that)
Suburb001 (According to the picture, a flat uninhabited space with a bit of shoreline; never seen it before)
Suburb002 (Kinda looks like it might be Riverblossom Hills; at any rate the .png has four characters illustrating the seasons, one a plantsim)
Suburb003 (White and black castles facing each other; okay, I bet that's the secret witch lots, the castles of Light and Darkness or whatever)
Suburb004 (Shore, train, water tower, radio tower, no residences - might that be Bluewater Village? Which I haven't attached?)
Suburb005 (A repeat of Suburb001)
Sim State (Oh, good, something I know about again)
3 Vacation Hoods (Good, no mystery there)

So, if Suburb003 is the AL stealth neighborhood containing the secret witch lots, then the other suburbs would be the stealth neighborhoods for for the other expansion packs? Odd, then that AL is the third rather than the fifth. Unless...hmm...if it numbers them as they are installed, instead of having preset names, then the fact that I installed OFB, Freetime, and BV after Drama Acres was underway would account for that.

I'm not worried about this, since I have a rational explanation. I'd kind of like to know if I'm right, though.

According to your description:

Suburb 1 is Pets: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Pets_%28neighborhood%29
2 is Weather: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Weather_(neighborhood)
3 is Magic: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_(neighborhood)
4 is Hobbies: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hobbies_(neighborhood)
5 is Exotic Destinations or vice versa with 1 (since both use the same terrains): http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_s...ic_Destinations

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_sub-neighborhood

As for the numbering, I'm not sure about it.
Lab Assistant
#7503 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 10:45 PM
I have an integrated graphics card on my computer; can they be changed to a dedicated card?
Field Researcher
#7504 Old 1st May 2012 at 5:38 AM
What exactly is the difference between island counters and regular counters? Yes, this is a dumb question, but... I really don't know...
Instructor
#7505 Old 1st May 2012 at 5:44 AM
Island counters you can serve food and eat from and you can't place stuff like sinks or washing machines. Islands aren't meant to go against walls whereas regular ones are.
Scholar
#7506 Old 1st May 2012 at 6:08 AM
If i edit a custom career in SimPE to change hours, pay, chance cards, and a sim has that career, does it update it self? Or do I have to make them leave the career before I edit it?
Top Secret Researcher
#7507 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:28 AM
This question is reeeally stupid, so bare with me.

...who should be the heir/ess to the Fleurada legacy?

At first, I was going to use my second generation heir's son and youngest, Theo.

I was going with a traditional heir-club-for-men type of thing originally...

BUT THEN I SAW THIS

The girl is Bessie, Tyler's second child. She is an adorable lass, but is generally a very grumpy person. She's also a knowledge sim with the 7 max skills want.

I had her go out with one of the teen townies in the game. Triple bolt, and I didn't even have to lift a finger. Also, THEY'RE SO ADORABLE TOGETHER. I mean, she noogies him like crazy, and they are super awkward, BUT THEY LOOK AMAZING TOGETHER.

I say awkward because the first interaction he pulls on her post-coitus is a tickle. He also has tiny eyes, which worries me. Also, when I found him, he was wearing the purple tie top and the bright red shorts together. So no fashion sense.

SO NOW I CAN'T EFFING DECIDE.
Screenshots

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#7508 Old 3rd May 2012 at 2:14 PM
Oh, Fivey, you know the answer to that one. Look who got the most pics here.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7509 Old 3rd May 2012 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleFallenAngel
I have an integrated graphics card on my computer; can they be changed to a dedicated card?

It depends on what kind of computer you have. I know for many laptops it's either a pain in the butt, or you can't. (If you poke around on that site there is info on changing the graphics card for a desktop as well.)
Site Helper
#7510 Old 3rd May 2012 at 4:19 PM
We have a wonderful forum where you can get hardware help from knowledgeable people:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=563

Just be patient after you've asked your questions. That forum is less active than this one, but you'll get better answers in the long run.
Mad Poster
#7511 Old 3rd May 2012 at 4:48 PM
How do you increase money of a household in the household bin in a uni-subhood? I can't seem to use familyfunds to increase their money.
Top Secret Researcher
#7512 Old 3rd May 2012 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Oh, Fivey, you know the answer to that one. Look who got the most pics here.

Bessie it is.

Sorry Theo, your youth is much too annoying. Did I ever mention I hate the child stage?

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Site Helper
#7513 Old 3rd May 2012 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
How do you increase money of a household in the household bin in a uni-subhood? I can't seem to use familyfunds to increase their money.
I seem to remember familyfunds working at university. Perhaps you have a household name conflict, which is preventing familyfunds from working?
Mad Poster
#7514 Old 3rd May 2012 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I seem to remember familyfunds working at university. Perhaps you have a household name conflict, which is preventing familyfunds from working?

Conflict? What conflict? This is the first time I hear of it.
Site Helper
#7515 Old 3rd May 2012 at 7:19 PM
If you have two households with the same name, then one of them will get the funds. However, it might not be the family that you wanted to get the funds.

This is one of the reasons that I never allow two households to have the same name.
Instructor
#7516 Old 3rd May 2012 at 7:35 PM
Couldn't you add the money with kaching or motherlode cheat instead. To save on retyping kaching: expand the cheat window by pressing x, get 1000 simoleons, press up arrow on your keyboard to reenter the cheat.
Mad Poster
#7517 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:02 PM
Silly question: will a vampire autonomously bite my sim once their relationship is high enough or do I have to make them selectable (moving in, marrying, that sort of thing) first? My sim is best friends with a vampire (100/56) but leaving them both alone is only resulting in bleh's right now.
Mad Poster
#7518 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Darby : 3rd May 2012 at 8:29 PM.
Yes, a Grand Vampire should autonomously bite a playable, if relationship is high enough. I don't know what those stats are, though. Also, it can be a bit tricky, as with getting a bit from the Leader of the Pack. Might try inviting the Grand Vamp over and turning free will off in order to keep your playable's action queue clear.

ETA: I've had very few non-cheat vampires, but the first one I got happened quite easily. It was on a community lot, and I wasn't even looking for it to happen. Since, all the times I've wanted it to, it has been very difficult!

Another option I just remembered, if your Grand Vampire continues to be reluctant, would be to have another sim Influence him/her to Bite your target sim.
Mad Poster
#7519 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _sheldor
For some reason, all my Ikea dressers stopped having options to change clothes. The only thing I could think of is I downloaded a couple of dressers, but I don't see how they would affect only the Ikea ones. Is there a way I can fix this issue?

You've downloaded something that causes a conflict in your game. Try taking out all recent downloads and try again.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#7520 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:50 PM
What time do pets age? I just realized the two cats that the Curious brothers own have not aged since I've had them. Both were adopted. I'm a little confused as to why they're not aging on their own but I'll figure that out later.

I checked my userstartup file and the only pet related cheats I have are controlpets and cancelpetactions. Does the controlpets cheat force me to age them manually?

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#7521 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:59 PM
Pets age at 11:00 a.m. ControlPets should not prevent this.
Forum Resident
#7522 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:16 PM
Hm weird. I've experienced this problem with every adopted pet.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#7523 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:25 PM
You mean, none of your pets ever age? Is there a separate "aging off" cheat for pets? Might you have a hack installed that affects pet aging?
Mad Poster
#7524 Old 3rd May 2012 at 11:45 PM
Is the adoption pool universal and not just confined to one 'hood? Because I want a bunch of sims with pre-bred genetics to move to another 'hood via adoption as part of the base lore of the town - a bunch of young, weary travellers were taken in by the adults of the town, etc, etc. Pulling a The People of Sparks sort of thing.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#7525 Old 4th May 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Is the adoption pool universal and not just confined to one 'hood? Because I want a bunch of sims with pre-bred genetics to move to another 'hood via adoption as part of the base lore of the town - a bunch of young, weary travellers were taken in by the adults of the town, etc, etc. Pulling a The People of Sparks sort of thing.

I believe it is restrained to the neighborhood they originate from, since I often see member of the adoption pool crawling around Community Lots, making friendships and stuff. Remember, what goes on in the 'hood, stays in the 'hood. Or else you'll have a BFBVFS.

There is no 'universal' adoption pool. Any not-orphan-or-abused kids originally in the neighborhood are generated on the spot (which is why many look like demons or just horrendously ugly).

Simblr.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 301 of 1000