Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 11:57 AM
Default Favorite Custom Book Titles
I thought it would be fun to have a thread for everyone to post their favorite sim-written books (and any stories to go along with them).

Right now, I'm playing Adrien Bonaparle, a science-fiction writer born in France to American father (Jeremy McGraw, son of Stiles McGraw). Over the course of his career, he's written fifteen books and is still going strong. Here are his proud accomplishments:

Science Fiction:

The Vortex
They Walk Among Us
Eyes of Black
Space and Time
Space and Time: The Continuum
Westernauts
The Red Zone

Fantasy:

The Misty Isle
The Land that Never Was
Return to the Misty Isle (Best Seller)
East of Nowhere

He's also written some sci-fi themed Children's and Trashy novels, just for fun.

Children's:

What's Out There? (Best Seller)
Hello, Earthling! (Best Seller)

Trashy:

Wavelength
Lust in the Dust

This has been especially fun with Twallan's WrittenWord, which allows other sims in the neighborhood to buy them at the bookstore.

So what are some of your favorite custom titles? Come on, everyone, let's have 'em!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 1:08 PM
My romance novelist has written the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series I-III. Maybe one day if I have a science fiction writer they could write the "True Blood" books.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 5:29 PM
I've only just started my new game of The Sims 3, so my sims' collection of custom books is rather limited at best.

Drama :

Grand Theft Auto : The Story of Niko Bellic
Racing For Love
Racing For Love : A New Beginning

Articles :

How Environmentally Friendly is a Prius?
Local Cat Responsible for Series of Kidnappings

That's it, for now. I only have two sims who write (Deidre Littler in Bridgeport, who is a full time author, and my simself in the custom world Plum Grove, who is a reputable news anchor, and writes on the side), so my opportunities to produce books are little.

*Signature Under Construction*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:30 PM
Haha, I love these. xD Usually I will take the last line of a song in simlish I'm listening to on the radio station. I think my favorite was Flargoozle Margoozle. I don't know if that was a song or not though.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:57 PM
...Well, I don't feel quite so damn nerdy about making my self Sim write novels of the MOTHER series, or song titles now...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 1:56 AM
Haha, I use the simlish wording for book titles too. My favorite one for trashy is Fun With Plumbob Electro-toys, but it can be used innocently as a children book too.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:16 AM
I usually use Wikipedia's "random article" feature. If I don't like the title of the article, I'll find a phrase in it that I do like.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 9:40 AM
I use my cat's names to title the books. So my last writer wrote:

Science Fiction:

Spaceman Skunk and the Martian Mice
Skunk and the Voles of Venus
Skunk and the Galactic Gerbils

(yes, I named my cat Skunk, he's black and white and he farts a LOT... stop rolling your eyes, he's not your cat )

Mysteries:

Miss Lizzie and the Murdered Mouse
Miss Lizzie and the Hatcheted Hamster
Miss Lizzie and Garroted Goldfish

Then she settled on children's books (you can knock out two a day and they make decent money for the amount of time spent writing them) They were all Moose and the :
Annoyed Aardvark
Burping Baboon
Cowardly Cheetah

I think I got all the way to W before I got bored and made another sim to play.

well, you get the idea....
Theorist
#9 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:26 PM
I traditionally name my books after music tracks I have made.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#10 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 4:59 PM
One of my Sims is a writer for a job and she is a curvy gal (not big, just curvy) and her book is SO WHAT? I'M FAT??? GET OVER IT!! or something like that...lol...probably a stolen title from somewhere..

The other custom book I have is still being written by another Sim and it's a Sci Fi book Called Area 54 and the Army...lol..

I love all your titles..!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 11:13 PM
I usually name them after real life books or movies I like. Here are some examples:

Drama:
  • The Departure of the Undead (The Return of the Living Dead)
Mystery:
  • Barren Lane (Empty Mile)
  • Bulls (Cows)
  • The Civilized Sleuth (The Savage Detectives)
Satire:
  • Ageusia (Blindness)
  • Surveillance (1984)
Science Fiction:
  • 10 Little Monkeys (12 Monkeys and And Then There Were None)
  • Do SimBots Dream of Electric Llamas? (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)