Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 3:04 AM
Default Lock doors feature functional enough for apartments?
Recently I read that Sims 3 has been patched so that now sims can lock doors like they could in Sims 2.

My question is: Is this new feature functional enough for us to build apartments with them? I must ask this of you because my game is not patched and I've avoided it all this time.

A door that is suitable for building an apartment with it would allow all service sims access even when locked, especially the fireperson. That would be the only way and all I need, I imagine.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 5:06 AM
Aside from the service sims, issue, if you want to be able to have more than a single sim per apartment, you need to be able to lock a door for a specified subset of household sims, not just a single sim.

And I don't believe that's supported. So no.

Which is not to say there isn't a mod that does it. I'm not up to date on the current state of lock mods.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 6:45 AM
I use the lockable door mod from this site for my apartments, it functions pretty well.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I use the lockable door mod from this site for my apartments, it functions pretty well.

Which site is that?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 7:38 PM
This one! MTS

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
This one! MTS

Thanks I am a big fan of your items and used the doors in sims 2 I didnt realize you made them for sims3 already can you send me a link?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 7:45 PM
No I didn't make them. Why don't you check in the downloads section? I don't have a link.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:36 PM
There is The Simply Lockable Door by Williham, looks like it works well
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=358321

And The Multi Owners Door by Flyby, which will allow keys for up to 8 sims
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=395440

The Simply Lockable Door seems updated, and I put a request comment for the Multi Owners Door to allow keys for up to 18 sims. Because I've discovered that there are simmers that like it that way.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 10:01 PM
I thought this had been done in patch 1.12.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 6:07 PM

do u still have this cuz i have the updated ver but it doesnt work at all and i wanted to ry the old ver. if u do is it possible for u to send it to me?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 6:14 PM

never mind i thik i found something else.