Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#126 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 10:48 PM
Decent clothing would be nice, preferably based on real world fashion.
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aqua_Violet
Also, very important, I want Sims 2-style genetics back.

I kind of want better than sims 2 style genetics as they were a little too mendelian if you ask me.

Of course Sims 3 basically has no genetics and what it does have is pretty flawed.

But I'm not about to ask them to add in genetic drift and some of the other slightly crazy things that happen with real genes.
Test Subject
#128 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
I kind of want better than sims 2 style genetics as they were a little too mendelian if you ask me.

Of course Sims 3 basically has no genetics and what it does have is pretty flawed.

You're right, that would be ideal.
Scholar
#129 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 11:36 PM
The Sims 3 has not much Contents :P

Every time I open the game, the trees always changes to LOD!

Also I don't like how they eat and choke :S
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 2:37 AM
Default Sims
i agree with most of the things on here so there's no need for me to repeat it, but there's one thing, its like when your making a sim in CAS you have this idea in your head of what type of personality you want this sim to have, like this sim is very down to earth, this sim is very hardworking even though he/she is poor, this sim is extremely evil and actually steals stuff, so i have all that in my head when creating the sims but (even though i know this happens all the time) when playing the game ALL THE SIMS ACT JUST THE SAME! there is no distinct personality, like ppl said theyre just dolls i dont care even if it just a game. i just want some differences between the sims and not everyone be friends every time they meet and stuff. they all do these random idles a that r completely pointless, id see if they reacted to something, but theyre doing nothing and it comes out of no where, that i dislike, and there r many things i dislike but dont feel like typing out. i also think they should bring stores back or have a mall (not a rabbit whole mall) however, u could edit it and choose what you want to be in that store/mall, like certain custom content, or default items, or both, (clothes store, furniture store, car store) and many more. and there r many other things i want and i hope EA reads this forum one day to see what their customers are hoping for.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I would like if Sims in TS4 could do more linked interactions. Like drink coffee and read the paper simultaneously, or eat and watch TV simultaneously.

Sims can already do more of these compared to TS2 and I love discovering new situations where two different Sims will be doing two different things but still can chat with each other (like parent cooking while kid is playing). But they still can't even walk and drink at the same time, it's either or.

thats exactly what i want to, is frustrating when sims cant eat n watch tv at the same time if they have a dinner table and i just hated it when sims lounge on a pool chair but they cant read at the same time frustrating. but are u saying one of your sims in sims 3 can cook and talk to their children at the same time? or u want that to happen?
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 4:09 AM
i agree with everyone saying they actually want to see sims grow, and if EA did this idk how they would think but heres my idea of how to see the sims grow, say you have the default agings for sims 3, regular 90 days or something, so the babies have 3 days after their born, in those 3 day u actually see them getting longer fatter, chubbier and yes be able to change their clothes if they grow out of them, and also if u play with them they sometimes spit up on u. then when they get to their last day they actually look like a toddler, not just spin into one, so then u have that message saying its their bday, so u celebrate it but they dont just spin into a toddler since they already look like one, for the heck of the sims 3 they could have the sparkle effect that just goes around them, then theyre a toddler now so u watch them grow by seeing them get taller, teaching them how to walk n potty train, and i may be going to realistic here, but instead of just spending a full real life hr teaching them how to walk u teach them at separate times and while ur not teaching them, they try to walk on their own anyway n fall down n stuff, n like a real toddler and when u potty train them they tell their parents they have to potty or whatever n the parent encourages them to use the potty n they do it, and they gain their points that way, and gradually as u see the toddler getting older they gradually r learning how to do those things while also interacting with other sims. then in those 7 days the toddle starts looking like a child and their bday comes again. so then the child stars to grow n so on and if they ever include a height slider, based of of family genes, as the child grows they either look taller then other children or shorter then other children, so the child starts to grow into a tall or short teen, then when ur a teen ur body actually starts to develop as u grow, curves, muscles, what ever, then u get to young adult and when u reach adult n higher ur face n body starts to age, thats how i see it if sims actually grow.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shypii90
There should be more incentives to make players get more excited in the game, for example Sim teens having subject-choices at school, getting qualifications, exams, financing education, adult Sims building experience, not the current "go to school for free" followed by "find any job instantly" routine. What about all the real people who can't fully complete their studies because they have to work to support their families? And the real cases of job applications, interviews, selection process, unemployment benefits, etc? They seem to be ignored in the game in favour for a fantasy conforming world of perfect-looking dolls in an (obviously!) developed country. I find this lack of dimension has killed the game over time and makes it more restrictive.

you know what i never really thought of that it would be so fun, interesting and challenging to go interview for schools n jobs and get turned down and try over and over again till u get accepted, that would be extremely challenging as far as paying bills and spending money on thing u want, i really like that idea.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:14 AM
...Can we please have that All Points Bulletin as our CAS? Can EA just...buy it? Oh my.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Instructor
#135 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:03 AM
Look at this screenshot:

http://roe99.weebly.com/uploads/5/7...2589357.jpg?715

Imagine if this is The Sims 4 neighborhood.
Instructor
#136 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:41 AM
Themed world:

All the pictures came from SimCity 4 + CC + mods.

I like the realism, hugeness, and complexity of the world. Imagine your sims wandering around in the city.

The skyscrapers! Bigger Bridgeport:

Theorist
#137 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 10:13 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 28th Aug 2011 at 11:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
*Layered clothing. Make several layers for clothing like an outer layer for coats and jackets, then one for blazers, then one for regular tops and an inner one for undergarments. Also have the options for shoes to stack either on top or under the clothes.

The console versions of TS2 had this exact same system, minus the shoe stacking. It was really fun to play around with, I'm definitely in favour of having it on the PC.

I'd love to see TS4 expand to a seamless state/province. The new SSX game coming out next year has a level selection interface that can be compared to Google Earth, TS4 could do the same kind of thing when selecting a city/town/village. Sims should be able to move between places. Trains, planes, helicopters, and boats would all be new forms of transportation. I wouldn't be surprised if The Sims eventually expands to a seamless planet, but I'm not sure if the average computer will be able to handle that by TS4's release.

Another thing I'd really like to see is more intelligence with the sims themselves. It's already been mentioned that sims should care more about what's going on around them. It would be good if sims could have more interactions with the environment to help them get around stuff with less footstomping. For example, if a couch is close to a kitchen counter a sim should be able to squeeze between them to get by. Or if you've put a computer on a desk without a chair a sim should be smart enough to grab a chair nearby and use it. When sitting down sims could also sit differently too. For example, as I type this I'm sitting on my chair almost sideways with my legs crossed. I don't always sit facing directly towards my desk.

There needs to be some sort of wall detection for sims and objects. No more arms or plants poking through. I remember in an interview for Late Night it was said there was going to be a romantic interaction where a sim leans on the wall or something like that but it never happened.

Traffic definitely needs to be improved. The cars should drive a bit slower without needing mods. It's a bit ridiculous how they can turn on a dime at breakneck speeds without slowing down too. I understand the reasoning for cars teleporting to the road but I think sims should at least still be shown opening the door and getting in. There should be actual systems for cars to obey road signage and traffic lights. Maybe they could add highways and yield signs for something completely new too.

I understand the need to make money by saving seasons/pets for expansion packs but EA could still get away with including a bit more in TS4 base game. They could still put rain and a hot/cold temperature meter and make a weather EP. They should at least put horses in the base game if they really want to make us wait another couple of years for cats and dogs yet again. Then there would also be enough time to include ownable llamas in a pet-centric EP.

As a minor thing I wouldn't mind seeing the max trait limit bumped up to 6 or 7, just to give sims more personality.
Scholar
#138 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 11:48 AM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 28th Aug 2011 at 12:00 PM.
Better routing and better action cancelling/priority please! Its almost as if this has become worse with the latest expansion. Some examples of aggrevating stupid routing and action issues:

- Sim outside in garden wants to chat to a sim on second floor in house. I dont want that, so I cancel the action before the sim is even inside. That works, but the sim has to first finish walking all the way to that other sim first. Another 30min down the drain. Arghh!
- Sim wants to pick up toddler on first floor, somehow game decides there is not enough room for that(the game seems to be really blind sometimes) and sim walks downstairs. Toddler tries to follow and holds at the top of the stairs of course..doh! So action gets cancelled. This should be easily fixable. Check which floor toddler is before walking your mile. If those toddlers could tumble down the stairs, the EA programmers wouldve had a massacre on their hands by now!
- Sim scolds teenager who is about to go to school. Now teenager has to stand in the corner and misses school. Wtf! This should be easily fixable too, schoolbus has priority.
- Sim needs to go to bathroom/get food/go to sleep any basic need, and gets interrupted by a sim playing an instrument and has to go watch that sim playing. Apparently all sims playing instruments turn into sirens and lure other sims to watch them untill they pee their pants.
- During party, sims who want to dance annoy any sim that you just sent to the bathroom/fridge/bed.
- You want a sim to play an instrument during a party, so sim leaves room, goes outside, walks around the house to the back and starts to play. I would agree that this is a good idea if the sim is that bad at playing, but it happens on max skill just the same.
- Other sim wants to chat and is on the way to your sim. You just clicked a social action which is now put second in queue, so you cancel the other sim's action and voila! your action gets cancelled too. So you immediately click a new social action, but unfortunately the other sim was faster, so your action is second in queue again, so you cancel the other sims action .... etc Guess I should hit the pause button, hmpf!

So I guess my point is : Fix what you have first before adding new things :p
Page 6 of 6