Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 2:16 PM
My sim's toddler is unable to play with her IF Doll?
My sim's baby has only just turned into a toddler, she got a present in the mail from 'Auntie Bernice', and it was the Imaginary Friend Doll. Yet, when I take it out of the toddlers inventory, and click 'Play with..', the toddler sits back down and the doll changes pose. My toddler is not able to play with the doll. Even with it in her inventory, there are no options for it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: There are options for my toddler to play with the doll whilst it's in her inventory, but when I click on it, the toddler snaps back somewhere and the doll is placed where the toddler was, and she is still unable to do anything with it
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skittlenut
My sim's baby has only just turned into a toddler, she got a present in the mail from 'Auntie Bernice', and it was the Imaginary Friend Doll. Yet, when I take it out of the toddlers inventory, and click 'Play with..', the toddler sits back down and the doll changes pose. My toddler is not able to play with the doll. Even with it in her inventory, there are no options for it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: There are options for my toddler to play with the doll whilst it's in her inventory, but when I click on it, the toddler snaps back somewhere and the doll is placed where the toddler was, and she is still unable to do anything with it

It seems to me that IF's are seriously glitched and while in doll form there seems to be no way of resetting them. I think there's no way to "force a fix" without a mod. Maybe with master controller and do a complete reset town.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 6:28 AM Last edited by sci_fi40 : 9th Aug 2011 at 3:11 PM. Reason: spelling
I'm having the same problem with my Toddlers. I've got twin girls, and they each have an Doll. Every time I try to get them to play with their own doll they do that glitchy thing you're describing. However, they can play with the other twins doll with no problems.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 3:27 PM
I had this problem and evicting the family from the house and then moving them back in fixed it for me. Give that a try and see if it helps.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 3:10 PM Last edited by sci_fi40 : 26th Aug 2011 at 8:29 PM.
I keep having this problem. I've now got 3 different families all with toddler age twins, and none of them can play with their own imaginary friends. Its really annoying, because I want to see what happens. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I've tried evicting one of the families and putting them back with no success.

Edit: Apparently it was one of my mods that was causing this...which I'm still confused about because it was a mod that affected the Romance moodlets. Eh, whatever...Everything seems to be working now.