Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:27 AM
Default WCIF clothing to make ALL agegroups look like Servos
When Servos reproduce with each other they make human-looking offspring. I'm looking for clothing that servo-offspring sims of all life stages can change into to make them look like servos. Like Esmerelda has done here: http://modthesims.info/d/574076, but for sims 2 and for babies up to elder. Ta.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:15 AM
The closest thing I know of is the Servo Completer from Whattheskell's Maxis Repository project:
http://whattheskell.tumblr.com/post...aults-servo-eye

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:40 PM
What i am wondering is, how will you manage to hide their human sim head?
The servos heads in debug CAS anyway, are as Hair...if you choose that hair as a Sim, your sim head still shows.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:58 PM
thanks, ConsoC, but these are only adult sims I think.

Rosebine, I don't know how I would hide them!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:02 AM
I was curious, so I found the body meshes(unisex & female dress) & servos heads, both male and female (hair) in SimPE.
Then this issue came to me!

Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:17 AM
If the servo bodies/outfits are made as full-body clothes (including head), you could probably use an invisible skin: http://modthesims.info/d/75530

You may not be able to get face expressions for the younger servos, though.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:27 AM
That invisible skin seems to include face/head..as no parts of sims are showing on that upload, on the picture. So why including head in the outfit?

Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:39 AM
Because the invisible skin is (as far as I know) the only way to hide the regular face for younger sims. Without it, the regular head would show behind the servo head. You can either make the head into a hairstyle, an accessory, or part of the outfit. Not sure if it's possible to make the whole thing showerproof, though. Hairs and accessories can be, but not sure about clothes.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:19 AM
I am sorry, we misunderstood eachother. The servo outfit is just the body, it has no head, just like any other body mesh. i extracted them. The servo head mesh is categorised as hair. So yes, these invisible skin should do the trick, as they will hide the face mesh that would otherwise be seen on regular sims, wearing the servo's hair.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:01 PM
I have grabbed the invisible skin. So anyone up for making the "clothing" for younger agegroups? (adults are just the regular servos).
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:08 PM
I make no promises, but I will try. Except for the infant as non-default clothing, as this is not my specialty, though if @simmer22 is willing to try, then maybe you'd get a baby bot outfit&head. By the way, the adult version also need to be available, because your younger fake servos will end up getting older...
BUT! even though I can try and scale down everything to fit other ages, I personally think this is not very convenient.
1- skintones are passing down from parents to their offspring. This invisible skintone probably works the same as any other.
If these fake-servo sims of yours grow up and have babies together..or with any other normal sim, prepare to soon end up with a 'Hood full of invisible sims.
2- changing skintone IN game is not always a simple task...and you will have to change all servo's offspring into that invisible skintone. Might be especially hard for infants.
I can try, but to me this is a bad idea.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:21 PM
If both parents are servos with invisible skins (or if the skin is set as regular custom, so it's dominant), babies should be able to get the skin as well.

I can try on the servo infants, but I'm not making a promise. I've got a ton of other projects going on, and I'm not all that steady in making full-body infant meshes (I mostly do recoloring for outfits, and the occasional conversion, mesh-splicing or simple edit. Body meshing has never been one of my strongest talents).
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
But, but but..all these tutorials you linked to me at times?..I thought they were too complicated to follow. lol
I can make the infant mesh body and head, but i would not know how to turn it into a non-default thing...if you remember, my real-toes baby was a replacement.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Feb 2018 at 11:08 PM.
If you make the mesh, I can make it a non-default outfit (I find making things non-default is easy)

I know the principles of body-meshing, and I've made several. However, I find the bone assignments tricky for full baby outfits, particularly conversions from other ages (because the bodies are very different, and I always struggle with the neck area). I also can't get the hang of making morphs, which is why I don't make a lot of clothes in general. I find making accessories and hair conversions way easier, because it's less bone assignments to deal with.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:45 PM
The set that @ConsoC linked in post #2 has CU meshes as well as invisible parts:
Quote:
Servo and Simbot conversions for CU. Requires invisible skin/hair/eyes (included). Also included the bodyshop files so you can put them immediately in your game via CAS.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:34 AM
Rosebine and SImmer22, I would be so excited if you would give this a go, happy to test them!! Thank you for your generous offers.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:13 AM
Bink13y's invisible sim linked above will turn anything the sim is wearing transparent and ghostly looking like in the attached screenshot. Wouldn't it do the same thing to a servo body?

Bink13y made a headless sim where only the head is invisible and clothing does not turn transparent. Would this work better for what you have in mind? (Comes in all ages and both sexes)
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=86687
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:08 AM
Well I certainly can't think of a better use for headless sims!

Oh except Anne Boleyn ghosts.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:06 AM
I usually use it for making playable Grim Reapers. With a normal skin, the sim's head pokes through the back of the hood.

When I saw what you wanted to do, I thought of this Bella Goth sim, which is a similar idea (a custom clothing mesh where the sim's real head needs to be invisible), and thought the headless sim/skin required for that might work better for you than the invisible one.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=203883
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I usually use it for making playable Grim Reapers. With a normal skin, the sim's head pokes through the back of the hood.

When I saw what you wanted to do, I thought of this Bella Goth sim, which is a similar idea (a custom clothing mesh where the sim's real head needs to be invisible), and thought the headless sim/skin required for that might work better for you than the invisible one.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=203883

Ha ha that's really bizarre!