Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 7:38 PM
Default Hey guys new to create a world a need some help with a few things
hey guys hows it going as the plum says i am new to create a world and am having some trobles firstly i have been trying to change the size of my world that i am building with S3PE but its not working it wont open my world after i save it but i dont understand why because iv followed the tutorial to the letter and it wont work. eg this one "forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/753161/caw-switch-from-medium-to-large" and this one "ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t607-tutorial-changing-the-wpid-file-to-give-your-world-a-different-i-d" so after that i gave up for a bit and decided to try and find a height map to use and i did but i cant get it to work iv followed this tutorial as well (from the formatting the file subtitle) "cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_height_map_from_real_world_data" using this program gimp 2.9.2 64-bit development build the same as the tutorial said they used so thats what i downloaded and heres the link for it"nightly.darkrefraction.com/gimp/" and the world i came up with is this "imgur.com/a/h9YCg" but when i put it in the height maps of the CaW directory it wont show up when i go to open a new world and i dont understand this please someone help it would be very much appreciated

^^^all the links are in " " in the above paragraph^^^
but for ease of accsess i will put here aswell
converting tutorial 1 (converting my world to a bigger size) "forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/753161/caw-switch-from-medium-to-large"
converting tutorial 2 (converting my world to a bigger size) "ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t607-tutorial-changing-the-wpid-file-to-give-your-world-a-different-i-d"
map tutorial 1 (building heightmap for sims CaW) "cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_height_map_from_real_world_data"
Link for Gimp 2.9.2 develpment build (use the 64-bit) "nightly.darkrefraction.com/gimp/"
the height map i started with "imgur.com/Sc2wB
the height map i finished with "imgur.com/a/h9YCg"
if more pictures to explain what i am meaning tell me and i will post them

also if anyone is willing to help with converting my world PM me your email and i will send you the files so you can convert them and then send them back to me i want my current world to be converted to a 2048*2048 from a 1024*1024 and from a height level of 100 to a height level of 200 if possible (Edit-PM me on this facebook group page im not sure how often ill check this forum - www.facebook.com/ArmsofDominationGaming/)

P.S sorry about the links being not click able i just made my account then so it wont let me post links or pictures
~Blue_Streak94
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 9:34 PM
@Blue_Streak94

Your heightmap needs to be 16bit:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._.28Optional.29

If the bit size is incorrect, the heightmap might not show up.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:15 AM
I just figured out how copy and paste text works on a mobile, so thank you for that. I was a bit surpriced by that tutorial, it doesn't look to me like anyone managed to make it work in that thread.

I have never heard anout anyone changing the size of a caw map once they have selected one.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:53 AM
We played around with it here:
http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=453513
Sandrine was trying to make larger worlds, but I got it to work with changing a medium map to a large. It's not very successful though because you have no control over where the original world area is- so you can't centralise it, for example. So it's far better to export texture maps and heightmap, scale those and start a new world.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:09 AM
Yes, just what I thought.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:12 AM
@Blue_Streak94

I remembered this little tool, it might help in case the bit depth is the problem.
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1380/